Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 08:04 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I agree with you on that but I do think it was wrong to present Tai with a check during the reunion because it kind of made him appear as though he had been a winner rather than a runner-up. Kind of like every kid gets a trophy just for playing. She did it because of his love of animals but that had nothing to do with the game of "Survivor."

I just think it would have been better if she had done it off-camera or sometime at a later date. The way she did it just detracted from the reunion and the players who were the ones who deserved the time she took to present Tai with his check.
He came in 3rd place he didn't get any votes in my book Aubry received 2 votes at least but neither place wins them anything.

Here's the thing when they use to have fan favorite it was made clear all season long what company was sponsoring it. So they got advertising on a widely watched show plus viewers & contestants all knew it would be presented at the end to the one that got the most fan favorite votes. With this "private" donation she just got a lot of buzz how inappropriate it was for her to bum rush the live stage with it. Perhaps it has even overshadowed the generous donation.

Second, she should have never said anything about wanting to give it to Keith last year if she isn't ponying it up to give it to him now. Y'all know my man Keith should have won.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 08:25 PM

6,560 posts, read 14,461,907 times
What was the guy's name who went on the same season with his daughter, Dale? Farmer from Ephrata, WA (always wore the t-shirt)? Later this summer I might run into him. I have to go to Ephrata for a reception and it's not a very big place.

Old 05-24-2016, 10:29 PM

537 posts, read 446,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Here's one of Cydney's I don't understand we all know she can't make fire, in one video she admits she never made fire in her life, can't swim and in this one she doesn't do puzzles. So what the heck was she there for and how did she get so deep into the game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rE9K8kQ77o
Pretty much why she and Michele got along pretty well................

Old 05-24-2016, 10:34 PM

537 posts, read 446,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I'm glad Michelle won. She worked hard for it. As for everything else....meh
Thats like what most of America doesn't think......
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Cydney was unhappy. Maybe they skipped her purposely.
she really thought the jury would've voted for her? lol

Old 05-24-2016, 11:23 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
I enjoyed seeing some of the former contestants on the Price Is Right last night.

Rupert still looks the same as he did on Survivor. Boston Rob, Tina, Woo were some of the others that were on.

Did anyone else watch it?
Yes, I did.

And if you ask me, Woo should pony up some of his runner-up winnings ( they all get some kind of cash prize, correct? ) and buy that poor old lady a mini cooper.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:55 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,574,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
I enjoyed seeing some of the former contestants on the Price Is Right last night.

Rupert still looks the same as he did on Survivor. Boston Rob, Tina, Woo were some of the others that were on.

Did anyone else watch it?
I did. Boston Rob, Cirie, Joe, Woo, Tina, Natalie, (a blonde I didn't recognize) and Rupert all played. Many more alumni in the audience made up of Superfans. Joe just couldn't keep from hugging and patting his contestant (they played in pairs --Survivor and Contestant). He was very touchy, feely. It was a little creepy, but he had a lot of fun playing the game.

Survivor #32 Feb. 2016-cjp4womukaa-8p4.jpg

Old 05-25-2016, 01:05 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I did. Boston Rob, Cirie, Joe, Woo, Tina, Natalie, (a blonde I didn't recognize) and Rupert all played. Many more alumni in the audience made up of Superfans. Joe just couldn't keep from hugging and patting his contestant (they played in pairs --Survivor and Contestant). He was very touchy, feely. It was a little creepy, but he had a lot of fun playing the game.

Attachment 170186

The blonde played with her father the first time around in Blood Vs. Water and then I think she was brought back to play again in a later season.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:22 AM

4,970 posts, read 6,269,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_k_k View Post
What was the guy's name who went on the same season with his daughter, Dale? Farmer from Ephrata, WA (always wore the t-shirt)? Later this summer I might run into him. I have to go to Ephrata for a reception and it's not a very big place.
Are you talking about Dale and Kelley Wentworth? Personally I'd much rather meet Kelley.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:22 AM

350 posts, read 477,829 times
Quote:
Second, she should have never said anything about wanting to give it to Keith last year if she isn't ponying it up to give it to him now. Y'all know my man Keith should have won.
Jaxson, I totally agree. It's not, oh I meant to give him a fan t-shirt, too, no... that's a chunk of money that while she might not miss it, could make a serious impact on someone else.

I don't begrudge her giving money to Tai, I'm happy she did it. However, it wasn't handled appropriately.

Old 05-25-2016, 07:51 AM

810 posts, read 1,025,482 times
lol it's exactly like Woo does in Survivor, making a bad decision screwing the contestant of her prize
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV