Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2021, 11:16 PM

51,286 posts, read 24,726,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitsong View Post
He surely earned an Emmy with that amazing performance! I'm not one of the ones who say, "OMG, i cry through every episode!" I've teared up a few times. I didn't cry when Jack died, because we knew he was dead. I really teared up during some of Rebecca's dementia scenes, because we're going through that with my mother. I went into full-blown, chest-heaving sobs TWICE. The first was the episode in which William died. The second was this week. That was excellent writing, directing and acting.
What I liked about this episode is that it was like a totally new chapter in a story with characters -- to some extent -- we didn't know existed...and yet it fit right in.

Old 01-15-2021, 07:20 AM

50,519 posts, read 64,471,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I guess one of the things that bothers me about this show is the self-pity by all three of the "kids".
They had the kind of loving parents that some of us only wish we had yet growing up, but they all claim they are "broken". I have no more patience for their pity parties.
I feel this way too. They have no reason to be as messed up like they claim to be. Give me a break. We have all had stuff in our childhoods, even with well meaning parents.

I, too, was waiting for the old boyfriend to say, “Jeez, Kate, you’re huge”.

Old 01-15-2021, 09:05 AM

2,222 posts, read 2,272,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I feel this way too. They have no reason to be as messed up like they claim to be. Give me a break. We have all had stuff in our childhoods, even with well meaning parents.

I, too, was waiting for the old boyfriend to say, “Jeez, Kate, you’re huge”.
My wife and I are binge watching Yellowstone. Last night I said to her that at least the Yellowstone "kids" have an explanation for being messed up unlike the This Is Us "kids". The Yellowstone kids had messed up parents. The This Is Us kids had Ozzie and Harriet parents.

Old 01-15-2021, 11:41 PM

11,668 posts, read 12,803,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig11152 View Post
My wife and I are binge watching Yellowstone. Last night I said to her that at least the Yellowstone "kids" have an explanation for being messed up unlike the This Is Us "kids". The Yellowstone kids had messed up parents. The This Is Us kids had Ozzie and Harriet parents.
Yes and no. Jack was a heavy drinker and they showed that during the first season. They haven't brought that up in a while. Jack died when the children were still in their teens and he died in a very traumatic, sudden way. Both Rebecca and Jack had kind of messed up parents and there was an episode where they showed Rebecca's mother being controlling towards Kate (can't remember which season). They haven't really shown too much of Rebecca's parents. Alcoholism runs in the family, Nicky, Jack, Jack't father, Kevin.

Old 01-17-2021, 10:14 AM

8,827 posts, read 21,343,696 times
At the very very end of that last episode , they showed Randall calling Kevin who had gone
to Vancouver to film and who answered on his cell phone ( even I have a Blue Tooth ).
It was raining hard and all of a sudden , there was a crashed car. No one else I spoke to
recalls this part. Did I imagine it ?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 01-17-2021, 10:50 AM

23,037 posts, read 34,477,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
At the very very end of that last episode , they showed Randall calling Kevin who had gone
to Vancouver to film and who answered on his cell phone ( even I have a Blue Tooth ).
It was raining hard and all of a sudden , there was a crashed car. No one else I spoke to
No you did not imagine it. I remember it

Old 01-17-2021, 11:24 AM

16,451 posts, read 12,647,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
The crashed car was in the previews for next week. Sometimes when you watch on streaming, you don't get to see the previews, which might explain why they didn't recall that part.

I have bluetooth in my car, but h was likely driving a rental. Holding the phone might play into how the car crashed?

Old 01-17-2021, 02:22 PM

32,944 posts, read 3,952,258 times
I just went back to the episode (streamed Hulu, no previews) and no, I didn't see him holding a phone while talking to Randall. Perhaps he was using the speaker mode.

Old 01-20-2021, 05:29 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,631,214 times
I loved the last episode with Randall learning about his mother. I understand that she left her well off family as her dad would force her to marry someone she did not love. But I'm surprised she never mentioned it to William. Also me thinks the reason her dad disowned his sister was because she was having an affair with a married man and she shamed the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB4 View Post
What I didn't understand was why did Kate go to see Marc after they had broken up when she found out that she was pregnant?
I'm thinking she was intending on telling him and was thinking maybe he changed but before she could, he showed himself. I also was surprised he didn't mention her weight when Kate went to see him. I'm guessing he matured somewhat.

Old 01-20-2021, 06:44 PM

8,827 posts, read 21,343,696 times
..... Why on Earth would they show a recent repeat when the new season had just begun ?

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV