Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 02:01 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,017,255 times

Advertisements

There was some discussion about her borrowing a phone charger. She must have gotten enough of a charge to listen to the voice mail (which was bad form on Randall's part, really bad form).

Shouldn't it have been obvious that he was going straight to VM though? Unless something has changed with phones, no rings and straight to VM usually means the phone is dead or off. I guess it could also mean that she immediately sent his calls to VM, but she was supposed to be at a work event and therefore busy....

Old 03-21-2019, 05:58 AM

50,379 posts, read 64,021,617 times
I still think Randall’s wife way over reacted. He made it to the dance recital, and she whined about his missing the introduction when the owner acknowledged her. Then she wanted to go out for drinks, instead of going to the dinner that Randall felt was important. I think Randall is genuinely happy for his wife to have found her dream job, but the wife still chooses to be difficult.

What needs to happen is they both need to decide to be more independent of each other’s activities. You can’t be in two places at once.

Old 03-21-2019, 06:54 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,322,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Especially with a foster daughter in the mix too. It didn't seem that long ago that they were trying to make her part of the family and she was having a tough time of it. Now it's like they dont even have any responsibilities as parents.
I'm curious as to who watched the girls while they were in California with Kate. They obviously found some child care.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:07 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,739,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay5835 View Post
Randall is the ridiculous one. He should have gotten another job in New York. You know, and driven across the GW Bridge, not hours away on the Jersey Turnpike in Philadelphia. No matter what else happens, any argument he makes collapses under the utter stupidity of this chunk of the writing.
Agree or moved to an upscale suburb of Philly, of course discussing with his family first. He is also wealthy enough to rent a studio in a decent section of Philly to stay at sometimes, again discussing with family first.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:10 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,739,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
If Beth's phone wasn't really dead (because we know she heard his message), why didn't she answer his multiple calls?
Well I have not answered calls, especially if the caller has me irked at the moment, but have listened to the voice mail.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:14 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Agree or moved to an upscale suburb of Philly, of course discussing with his family first. He is also wealthy enough to rent a studio in a decent section of Philly to stay at sometimes, again discussing with family first.
Or stay in one of the apartments in the building he owns, which is the reason he became interested in serving that community in the first place.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:15 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,109 times
I'm kind of getting tired of Randall. Maybe its all the cheesy lines the writers have him say. I don't know. Beth is definitely difficult, but that voicemail was pretty awful. I prefer seeing him mad as opposed to saying all the cheesy lines, lol. Maybe that's just me since this is like an evening soap opera. Mandy Moore makes the show in my opinion, followed by Kevin.

Old 03-21-2019, 08:43 AM

5,592 posts, read 8,410,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
I'm kind of getting tired of Randall. Maybe its all the cheesy lines the writers have him say. I don't know. Beth is definitely difficult, but that voicemail was pretty awful. I prefer seeing him mad as opposed to saying all the cheesy lines, lol. Maybe that's just me since this is like an evening soap opera. Mandy Moore makes the show in my opinion, followed by Kevin.
Well then you must hate Toby too - he's the King of cheesy lines. He has pretty much annoyed me from the beginning. Randall was so stiff and buttoned-up the first season, I enjoy seeing his sense of humor and silly side come out. That's actually more like Sterling K. Brown.

Back to the phone - Beth would have had to ignore his multiple calls, then for some reason listen to the VM - or - listen to the VM at the dinner party after her phone was charging. Neither sound plausible. The other thing that's not plausible is not having a charger in your car.

And yes, why would both Randall AND Beth both flown to CA, leaving the kids with....whom?

Old 03-21-2019, 09:00 AM

1,480 posts, read 1,229,958 times
Quote:
Well then you must hate Toby too - he's the King of cheesy lines. He has pretty much annoyed me from the beginning. Randall was so stiff and buttoned-up the first season, I enjoy seeing his sense of humor and silly side come out. That's actually more like Sterling K. Brown.

Back to the phone - Beth would have had to ignore his multiple calls, then for some reason listen to the VM - or - listen to the VM at the dinner party after her phone was charging. Neither sound plausible. The other thing that's not plausible is not having a charger in your car.

And yes, why would both Randall AND Beth both flown to CA, leaving the kids with....whom?

I don't have a charger in my car right now, so that is believable to me.

But I think her phone wasn't dead anyway. I think that Beth is annoyed that she isn't being heard and taken seriously so she just wasn't taking his calls. Yes, she was running late and should have texted him or something. We've all been there when we are annoyed with our SO and don't feel like talking. So she heard his voicemail before she went in that house and made up the dead battery thing to make Randall wonder if she had heard the message or not.

Here is the thing I am not getting, she said she drove 3 hours to get there and then the dinner lasted another 3 hours and now they both have to drive home for yet another 3 hours! So they aren't getting home until 2AM? Who was watching the kids during this 9 hour time frame?

They better start out the next episode with this argument and not make us wait.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:42 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,519,494 times
Quote:
Not sure why ignoring multiple calls and then listening to the VM isn't plausible. If she's annoyed with him, she's going to ignore his calls. But when she sees a VM, she's going to be very curious what he has to say.

Also, not having a charger in the car is VERY plausible, especially having just returned from a trip. I frequently grab my car charger and throw it in my suitcase when I'm heading out of town so that I have it to use when I need GPS in the rental at my destination. It usually takes me days or weeks to remember to get it from the suitcase back into the car where it belongs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV