Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 09:45 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,525,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
But I think her phone wasn't dead anyway. I think that Beth is annoyed that she isn't being heard and taken seriously so she just wasn't taking his calls. Yes, she was running late and should have texted him or something. We've all been there when we are annoyed with our SO and don't feel like talking. So she heard his voicemail before she went in that house and made up the dead battery thing to make Randall wonder if she had heard the message or not.
Exactly. Though she also made up the dead battery thing to have an explanation why she didn't call to let them know she'd be late.

Old 03-21-2019, 09:46 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon08 View Post
Well then you must hate Toby too - he's the King of cheesy lines. He has pretty much annoyed me from the beginning. Randall was so stiff and buttoned-up the first season, I enjoy seeing his sense of humor and silly side come out. That's actually more like Sterling K. Brown.

Back to the phone - Beth would have had to ignore his multiple calls, then for some reason listen to the VM - or - listen to the VM at the dinner party after her phone was charging. Neither sound plausible. The other thing that's not plausible is not having a charger in your car.

And yes, why would both Randall AND Beth both flown to CA, leaving the kids with....whom?
Definitely not a huge Toby fan. BUT I do relate to his depression issues, so I give him a pass I guess.

I think Beth listened to the VM while it was charging. Plausible to think she got up to go to the bathroom and listened then.

It is a tv show, so they leave out the childcare boring logistics parts.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:07 AM

1,480 posts, read 1,230,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
Definitely not a huge Toby fan. BUT I do relate to his depression issues, so I give him a pass I guess.

I think Beth listened to the VM while it was charging. Plausible to think she got up to go to the bathroom and listened then.

It is a tv show, so they leave out the childcare boring logistics parts.

Right, but when part of the reason that Randall wanted Beth to put off the dance thing is because Deja was finally feeling like she fit in somewhere and he was concerned about her having a setback by getting outside help for the kids, it's logical to question who is taking care of their kids while they are in California or gone for 9 hours at night.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:10 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
By belittling her dream ??
Let's remember that when he wanted to run for office, she was totally supportive...until she wasn't.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:14 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,714,114 times
Who stays in the hospital for the entire duration of labor? Ok I understand the mom staying. maybe 1 or 2 siblings to give company to the mom while she is waiting. Why are the inlaws suffering too? why is Beth, Zoye and Madison torturing themselves in the waiting room for that long

Old 03-21-2019, 10:22 AM

1,480 posts, read 1,230,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Let's remember that when he wanted to run for office, she was totally supportive...until she wasn't.
When he said he wanted to run he told her that at anytime he would drop out of the race if she wanted/needed him to. When the poll numbers came back 3 weeks or so before election day and he was WAY down in the polls and his campaign manager told him he didn't have a chance she asked him to stop campaigning and put his own family first (for once). He refused and that's when she made him sleep on the couch.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:23 AM

5,353 posts, read 5,795,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Exactly.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:24 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,525,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keraT View Post
Who stays in the hospital for the entire duration of labor? Ok I understand the mom staying. maybe 1 or 2 siblings to give company to the mom while she is waiting. Why are the inlaws suffering too? why is Beth, Zoye and Madison torturing themselves in the waiting room for that long
Well Madison explained to Miguel why she was staying. Zoe and Madison could have returned to the hotel, but that probably would have meant less drama, which is kind of the point of the show.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:48 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,018,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
When the poll numbers came back 3 weeks or so before election day and he was WAY down in the polls and his campaign manager told him he didn't have a chance she asked him to stop campaigning and put his own family first (for once). He refused and that's when she made him sleep on the couch.
IMHO that was an unreasonable thing to demand.

Old 03-21-2019, 10:53 AM

103 posts, read 237,495 times
My take is this if Randall thinks he doesnt have enough money for childcare for the girls, then sell your S Class AMG. Buy a Camry drive that back and forth and the money you get from the sale put it to childcare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV