Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2020, 04:19 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,559,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
To the anonymous forum member who wrote to me: "Randall's siblings are NOT as you described".

Perhaps you could share with me some of the positive things Randall's siblings have done in past episodes. At best they have muddle through life.
Kevin is a famous actor. That ain't nothing. He's grown up a lot since the addiction crisis. And even before that he stopped relying on Kate so much.

He flew to Randal's side when he had that meltdown at work. Heard it in his voice, dropped everything, and went to him.

Old 03-16-2020, 04:27 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Kevin is a famous actor. That ain't nothing. He's grown up a lot since the addiction crisis. And even before that he stopped relying on Kate so much.

He flew to Randal's side when he had that meltdown at work. Heard it in his voice, dropped everything, and went to him.
Agree, he has been there for others a lot. Look what he did for Nicky.

Old 03-16-2020, 10:17 PM

1,082 posts, read 833,083 times
Kevin's story is the best one. Why? Redemption, plain and simple. He rose above the cesspool, stood tall, and has taken responsibility. Uncle Nicky, Randall, Kate, Sophie, his mom, etc. He gets it. The other two simply don't.

Old 03-17-2020, 03:47 PM

12,842 posts, read 867,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Kevin's story is the best one. Why? Redemption, plain and simple. He rose above the cesspool, stood tall, and has taken responsibility. Uncle Nicky, Randall, Kate, Sophie, his mom, etc. He gets it. The other two simply don't.
Absolutely!

Old 03-17-2020, 05:08 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
My take on this was that during his first visit, he wasn't open to getting help so the psychiatrist isn't in the picture. It was all about him talking to himself and going over the narrative that he's created and lived with all of these years - and his habit of starting to get angry and then stopping himself because he doesn't allow himself to ever lose control like that.

When he came back and apologized, it's because he really does want help and is open to getting it. Pan to the psychiatrist who is now part of the picture.
I need to watch it again. I didn't think they showed her at all. I guess I wasn't paying attention. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Weird - I saw something totally different in his face! I thought he looked proud and happy that she was having a good time, mixed with anxiety about her condition.
At that scene, he looked happy to me. Why wouldn't he be happy? There may have been a little jealousy but I think he was mostly happy for his mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
And where are Miguel's children from his first marriage? We never see them or hear about them. Do they resent Rebecca so much or her children? It's not like Rebecca broke up Miguel's first marriage.
They showed them in an episode last season, I think. From what I remember, the daughter didn't really get along with Miguel. But I agree, they should show them a little more.

Old 03-17-2020, 06:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I need to watch it again. I didn't think they showed her at all. I guess I wasn't paying attention. lol

At that scene, he looked happy to me. Why wouldn't he be happy? There may have been a little jealousy but I think he was mostly happy for his mom.

They showed them in an episode last season, I think. From what I remember, the daughter didn't really get along with Miguel. But I agree, they should show them a little more.
Fitzy, I have this bad habit of getting up before a show is over....thinking that it's over. If you blinked, you wouldn't have seen her.

And yes, I'm so excited by the prospect that for once, I saw something at the very end of a show....lol.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:16 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,103,213 times
Thoughts on last night's episode? At first, I was thinking "oh no - a whole episode that does nothing to move the story forward" but I ended up liking it it more than I thought.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:27 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
I personally didn’t care for it. It did make me really dislike Randall. He is completely manipulating his mom to make himself feel better.

Old 03-18-2020, 09:29 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,228,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
Thoughts on last night's episode? At first, I was thinking "oh no - a whole episode that does nothing to move the story forward" but I ended up liking it it more than I thought.
I thought it was going to be like that too. I do not like the way Randall is using emotional manipulation to make his mother go do the clinical trial. Kevin is NOT going to be down with that!!

Old 03-18-2020, 10:10 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,009,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
I thought it was going to be like that too. I do not like the way Randall is using emotional manipulation to make his mother go do the clinical trial. Kevin is NOT going to be down with that!!
Perhaps that is the fall out before that scene at the cabin on the birthday.
Maybe Kevin springs her out of the trial study and brings her home (that sounds so
Kevin haha)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV