Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2020, 02:15 PM

12,851 posts, read 876,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
She wasn't protecting him. She was protecting herself. William was clean and would be a good father and that scared her.
Yeah, so what if he would have been? So what if he was clean at that point? What was she supposed to do, give HER son to a junkie who already gave up his rights?

The good father was Jack. The good mother, who only had her son's best interest in mind, was Rebecca.

Oh, the drama of it all. LOL!

Old 03-19-2020, 02:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,670,337 times
Quote:
She wasn't protecting him. She was protecting herself. William was clean and would be a good father and that scared her.
Quote:
She very clearly admitted she was protecting herself. She feared William wanting him back and getting him back and then she feared Randal's reaction.
What we saw last night were two versions Randall concocted about what his life would have been like had his father lived. Not reality. And in neither version was William clean when Rebecca saw him.

Old 03-19-2020, 02:23 PM

Here's the thing - Jack is put on a pedestal and they idolize him and tend to blame Rebecca. It's almost as though they're punishing her for Jack's death.

Part of this, I think, is because Rebecca could never find fault with Jack. Had she been able to do that, it may have meant her parents were right about him. As good of a guy as he was, he wasn't perfect. And none of them indicted Jack for not telling anyone about his brother Nickie being alive.

Even in his fantasies, Randall has Jack siding with him and angry with Rebecca. Kate has the same tendency to blame her for everything.

There's part of the story about the night of the fire that we've not yet heard, I think.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I personally didn’t care for it. It did make me really dislike Randall. He is completely manipulating his mom to make himself feel better.
VG, I agree that he's manipulating Rebecca and he's doing so with no regard for any input of his siblings or what she wants.

I cringed when he said something about the therapists cheap shoes. He gets nasty, then he stiffens up and gets back in control.

But therapy is like peeling an onion, and it's going to take time before we see if he can make the changes he needs to in order to be healthy. In a television time, that may mean a couple of months.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:15 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,036,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post

But therapy is like peeling an onion, and it's going to take time before we see if he can make the changes he needs to in order to be healthy. In a television time, that may mean a couple of months.
I don't think he has all these complicated issues to peel back.
I think he needs anxiety drugs and then he will be able to chill and count his blessings.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:17 PM

21,109 posts, read 13,620,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
What we saw last night were two versions Randall concocted about what his life would have been like had his father lived. Not reality. And in neither version was William clean when Rebecca saw him.
I haven't seen last night's yet, I am commenting on the known past from Rebecca. They showed in season one or two her seeing William, who was clean and wanted to know how his son was. Wished he had not given him up. She panicked and fled, fearing he'd ask for him back and succeed in getting him.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainydayparis View Post
Yeah, so what if he would have been? So what if he was clean at that point? What was she supposed to do, give HER son to a junkie who already gave up his rights?

The good father was Jack. The good mother, who only had her son's best interest in mind, was Rebecca.

Oh, the drama of it all. LOL!
No, but he could have known him. That was the initial reason, a while back, he was so angry at her. He could have known William all this time.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:29 PM

Quote:
I haven't seen last night's yet, I am commenting on the known past from Rebecca. They showed in season one or two her seeing William, who was clean and wanted to know how his son was. Wished he had not given him up. She panicked and fled, fearing he'd ask for him back and succeed in getting him.
I think Randal would have forgiven her quicker if at 18 she set him down and
told him what she knew and why she made her choice
and gave him her blessing to contact his dad.

Keeping that info secret after 18 is terribly wrong. She robbed his kids from a grandparent also.

I wonder why Randal's dad did not reach out later when he knew Randal would be an adult.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
I think Randal would have forgiven her quicker if at 18 she set him down and
told him what she knew and why she made her choice
and gave him her blessing to contact his dad.

Keeping that info secret after 18 is terribly wrong. She robbed his kids from a grandparent also.

I wonder why Randal's dad did not reach out later when he knew Randal would be an adult.
He didn't know how. Rebecca never told him where they lived or anything like that. As soon as he said he wanted to see Randal she vanished.

Old 03-19-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
He didn't know how. Rebecca never told him where they lived or anything like that. As soon as he said he wanted to see Randal she vanished.
Didn't he come to the house once and see the bikes and decided not to knock ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV