Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 02:51 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,757,013 times

Advertisements

Im on four just now and yes its gripping , Im enjoying it... who is the young girl , Im sure Ive seen her before ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2016, 11:33 AM

2,540 posts, read 6,231,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Im on four just now and yes its gripping , Im enjoying it... who is the young girl , Im sure Ive seen her before ..
Millie Bobby Brown

Stranger Things star Millie Bobby Brown looks completely different before shaving hair off for role - Mirror Online

Old 07-28-2016, 10:43 PM

12,229 posts, read 21,508,945 times
I thought this show was great fun. I wanted to take it slow, but I watched it in three days.

It was really great to see Winona Ryder again, and also quite appropriate for a show set in the 80's, but of course the kids are the real stars of the show.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:00 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
the original synthesi music in this show is AMAZING.

not just the intro, but all the original synthesizer stuff. some of the best music in a series ever.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:43 PM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,211 times
We just finished watching it all last night! What an awesome show. They really captured the 80's so well. Loved the music and especially loved those kids! They were awesome!!!!

Old 08-01-2016, 10:30 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times
just finished. what a show! I can't wait for season 2. what a fun ride, really bummed it's over lol

Old 08-01-2016, 10:35 PM

160 posts, read 1,162,124 times
I was listening to BBC radio and was intrigued by the interviews of the kids in this show and gave it a watch. 3 eppies so far. It is what reviews says---a mish mash of eighties movies. I see Wynona Ryder playing Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters. Being obsessed with the lights(music notes)..... And Holly as the little girl in front of the TV in Poltergiest. Also seeing references to the Thing. I am enjoying the kids' acting and personalities.....it may be the only reason I will watch the rest.....

Old 08-02-2016, 11:53 AM

4,481 posts, read 3,641,477 times
I really liked the first few episodes, but the rest of series became predictable to me. I think if they hadn't shown a real physical figure for the alien until the end it would have been more interesting - knowing that we are dealing with some carnivorous plant head aliens that are not really that scary and easily can be knocked down by kids just reduces the excitement of the series.

I am looking forward to season two, because there are so many questions that I'm hoping will be answered. In the last scene of the last episode, we see quite a few of these unsolved mysteries: Will is still infected with whatever held him hostage in the Upside Down; the truth of Eleven's whereabouts after she kills the monster (also where that monster came from and whether or not there are other monsters out there); what happens to the Hawkins Laboratory and how will they deal with the open door to the Upside Down; whether or not Terry will ever find out about her daughter; and will Nancy stay with Steve or will she end up with Jonathan?

I felt that Barbara got a raw deal, and I wish that she had survived her time in the Upside Down, too.

I was initially interested to see Winona as the lead actress but was immediately turned off by her performance. IMO, her whiny, crying, crazy, bug-eyed rants were just distracting and extremely annoying - like nails on a blackboard.

Last edited by Praline; 08-02-2016 at 01:03 PM..

Old 08-02-2016, 12:56 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4me View Post
I see Wynona Ryder playing Richard Dreyfuss in Close Encounters. Being obsessed with the lights(music notes).....
With a profound difference.

In CEotTK, Dreyfuss's character abandons his family to go chase lights and touch hands with aliens. He is a contemptible a-hole by the end of that movie. Sadly typical of the "Me Generation."

In ST, Winona Ryder's character is obsessed with saving her family, no matter what. She ends the story a hero.

Old 08-04-2016, 12:28 AM

5,463 posts, read 8,182,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I watched the first 2 last night. It's not bad. I've always like Winona but not so much her acting in this. The kids are way better.
I've watched 5 episodes and I like it but I agree with you that Winona's acting is not good....actually, I think it's terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV