Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-06-2017, 02:27 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,028,070 times

Advertisements

Why is Kim so committed to that ponytail? It's so high school looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 02:52 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,567,120 times
I think Hector saw or felt Nacho changing the pills. I had a great uncle that would sit his chair and sleep and snore.
When he woke up he could tell you everything that happened while he's was a sleep in Detail.
That's Hector!
The Kim and Howard Exchange was pretty funny. I think there is more to Kim and Howard's relationship then just Howard paying her way though school. I think they use to date before Jimmy came along.
We finally got the back story on Jimmy's famliy owned store and what happened.
It really kind of made me understand the evolution from Jimmy to Saul Goodman. His Parents were conned by people in the neighborhood so jimmy grows up to Conning People for a living, make sense.
Kim is going to have a nervous breakdown if she doesn't get help on Mesa Verde. She looked so stressed already then Howard coming to the table sent her over the edge.

Old 06-06-2017, 03:11 PM

744 posts, read 879,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I agree. I think the writers have her look like that because she still hasn't broken free of herself. Even though she left HHM and has Mesa Verde, she's with Jimmy. She's not independent. I think eventually she will get rid of that ponytail when she leaves Jimmy. She's not in BB, so maybe she finally goes out on her own or goes to another firm WITH Mesa Verde as her buy in.

It's an annoying ponytail for sure. Like a little girl.

Old 06-06-2017, 04:53 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,908,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
So many things were going on in last night's episode, but I'll just touch on a few of them here:
  • I guess Kim didn't get offered a job at that other law firm after all. It was just her and her Mesa Verde clients enjoying drinks in the copper mugs at a business lunch.
Yep, I was wrong on that one. Still think she's going to end up going to another firm though. As someone else said, her stress just keeps on building and building, and now she's taking on that other case referred to her by the Mesa Verde guy to try and keep her and Jimmy afloat, so I think Kim leaving is what her arc is building up to.
Quote:
Looks like I was wrong about Mike telling someone on the phone that he needed to look for Nacho. As someone else predicted, it seems like Mike was looking for the missing husband of that woman he met at the church group.
That's not who he's looking for. He was looking for the body of that good Samaritan who stopped to help the driver of the truck that Mike knocked over. Hector killed that good Samaritan and buried him in the desert. Mike wants the good Samaritan's family to have closure and know what happened to him so they don't end up like the lady from the church group who doesn't know what happened to her husband or where his body is.
Quote:
But why would Mike think that Nacho would know anything about that missing man?
Ok, so here's where it all ties in with Nacho. #1.) the church lady's story reminded Mike of the good samaritan that Hector killed. #2.) Mike feels guilty about what happened to the good samaritan. It weighs on his mind. Mike indirectly caused that man's death. #3.) Mike hates Hector for what he did to that good samaritan. That was why Mike was going to kill Hector in the first place before Gus stopped him. Gus eludes to this in an earlier episode when he says to him, "you are trying to correct something that cannot be corrected"... #4.) Mike knows Nacho wants the pills to kill Hector, so after hearing the church lady's story, Mike decided he was willing to get involved so that Nacho would get his pills and could kill Hector.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 06-06-2017 at 05:44 PM..

Old 06-06-2017, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I'm not sure that was the same missing person. I think Mike was simply moved by that lady's story, and realized he had done the same thing to the driver that was killed in his truck fiasco. So he wanted to give closure to the family of that driver.
Exactly right.
Quote:
Also, that lady said her husband was hiking, not driving a truck.
....and that whatever happened to her husband took place 8 years ago.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
We finally got the back story on Jimmy's famliy owned store and what happened.It really kind of made me understand the evolution from Jimmy to Saul Goodman. His Parents were conned by people in the neighborhood so jimmy grows up to Conning People for a living, make sense.
We've had that story for quite a while now...

Don't you remember in an episode of season 2, the show opened to a young Jimmy working in his fathers store when a man comes in claiming that his car wasn't running and he had to get home to get medicine to his sick son? Jimmy told his dad the man was conning him, but the dad didn't believe him. Jimmy's dad gave the man $10 for cab or a bus or something, and then the dad went in the back to look for a spark plug to give the man for his car. While he was looking for the spark plug, the guy told Jimmy to give him two carton's of KOOL cigarettes, which the man paid for with the money Jimmy's dad gave him, and he looked to Jimmy and said "son, there are wolves and sheep in this world, decide which one you're gonna be", and walked out. Jimmy's dad finally found the sparkplug and ran out the door to give it to the man. Jimmy opened the register and shoved some money in his pocket.

End scene.

If anything, all we learned was how Jimmy felt about it as an adult.

Old 06-06-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I think it's sexy...

Old 06-06-2017, 06:52 PM

17,616 posts, read 15,310,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
Kim is going to have a nervous breakdown if she doesn't get help on Mesa Verde. She looked so stressed already then Howard coming to the table sent her over the edge.
Was thinking about this earlier.. When the other case got dropped on her.. Maybe this is something someone in the field can answer.. Why couldn't she hire Jimmy as something of an assistant? Someone who knows the law, but isn't practicing? She would have the final responsibility to go over all his work and he obviously couldn't do anything that required a law license.. But he could assist her with Mesa Verde and any of the other cases that might fall into her lap.

The question is, whether she would trust him to do it.. And, I think the answer to that is yes. Whether she SHOULD trust him is another story, but..

Old 06-06-2017, 07:10 PM

23,757 posts, read 12,631,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Was thinking about this earlier.. When the other case got dropped on her.. Maybe this is something someone in the field can answer.. Why couldn't she hire Jimmy as something of an assistant? Someone who knows the law, but isn't practicing? She would have the final responsibility to go over all his work and he obviously couldn't do anything that required a law license.. But he could assist her with Mesa Verde and any of the other cases that might fall into her lap.

The question is, whether she would trust him to do it.. And, I think the answer to that is yes. Whether she SHOULD trust him is another story, but..
When she took up that second client the same thought ran through my mind. But, she probably wouldn't want Jimmy involved since the Mesa Verde couple knows that there was some type of legal problem with Jimmy. Even though Kim stressed to the MV couple that it was basically nothing, she probably wouldn't want to stir that pot by hiring Jimmy.

edit to add..
Even if she did hire him she wouldn't be able to use him for much more then to get her coffee, make copies of things, etc., since he is not allowed to practice in any way.

Last edited by berdee; 06-06-2017 at 07:27 PM..

Old 06-06-2017, 08:54 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,474,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post
I noticed that last night as well. I doubt he's stealing them though. He might have some kind of deal with the junk yard guy to keep them there or just pay per use of them.

I liked the scenes of Nacho practicing the pill drop into the jacket pocket and the later the actual drop. I just hope the cook in the back didn't see what Nacho did. He had full view.
That was a tense scene to watch. I kept worrying that he was going to drop one of those pills on the floor as he was trying to make the switch at his table, or that the pill bottle wouldn't quite make it back into Hector's jacket pocket.
It's quite possible that the cook in the back saw what Nacho was doing.

Quote:
I don't see a lot of White women her age wearing pony tails, however for some reason that look seems to be popular with Asian women. I used to see a lot of Asian women in NYC wear their hair that way, both with or without a baseball cap on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGS4EVER View Post
I agree. I think the writers have her look like that because she still hasn't broken free of herself. Even though she left HHM and has Mesa Verde, she's with Jimmy. She's not independent. I think eventually she will get rid of that ponytail when she leaves Jimmy.
Interesting theory! You could be right about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
When she took up that second client the same thought ran through my mind. But, she probably wouldn't want Jimmy involved since the Mesa Verde couple knows that there was some type of legal problem with Jimmy. Even though Kim stressed to the MV couple that it was basically nothing, she probably wouldn't want to stir that pot by hiring Jimmy.

edit to add..
Even if she did hire him she wouldn't be able to use him for much more then to get her coffee, make copies of things, etc., since he is not allowed to practice in any way.
IDK if Jimmy would be able to work for Kim in a paralegal capacity under the terms of his agreement, but paralegals do more than get lawyers coffee and make copies. JackMcCullough, what's your opinion about this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV