Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2017, 08:05 AM

3,568 posts, read 1,347,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
Wasn't his son a crooked cop ?

Who was it in BBad that emptied out all those safe deposit boxes in such a hurry ?
No, his son was not a crooked cop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2017, 09:14 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,554,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
We've had that story for quite a while now...

Don't you remember in an episode of season 2, the show opened to a young Jimmy working in his fathers store when a man comes in claiming that his car wasn't running and he had to get home to get medicine to his sick son? Jimmy told his dad the man was conning him, but the dad didn't believe him. Jimmy's dad gave the man $10 for cab or a bus or something, and then the dad went in the back to look for a spark plug to give the man for his car. While he was looking for the spark plug, the guy told Jimmy to give him two carton's of KOOL cigarettes, which the man paid for with the money Jimmy's dad gave him, and he looked to Jimmy and said "son, there are wolves and sheep in this world, decide which one you're gonna be", and walked out. Jimmy's dad finally found the sparkplug and ran out the door to give it to the man. Jimmy opened the register and shoved some money in his pocket.

End scene.

If anything, all we learned was how Jimmy felt about it as an adult.
I Remember that, good Post
It was good to hear it from Jimmy's mouth as an adult is what i should have said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
Was thinking about this earlier.. When the other case got dropped on her.. Maybe this is something someone in the field can answer.. Why couldn't she hire Jimmy as something of an assistant? Someone who knows the law, but isn't practicing? She would have the final responsibility to go over all his work and he obviously couldn't do anything that required a law license.. But he could assist her with Mesa Verde and any of the other cases that might fall into her lap.

The question is, whether she would trust him to do it.. And, I think the answer to that is yes. Whether she SHOULD trust him is another story, but..
I was thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
That was a tense scene to watch. I kept worrying that he was going to drop one of those pills on the floor as he was trying to make the switch at his table, or that the pill bottle wouldn't quite make it back into Hector's jacket pocket.
It's quite possible that the cook in the back saw what Nacho was doing.

I don't see a lot of White women her age wearing pony tails, however for some reason that look seems to be popular with Asian women. I used to see a lot of Asian women in NYC wear their hair that way, both with or without a baseball cap on.

Interesting theory! You could be right about that.

IDK if Jimmy would be able to work for Kim in a paralegal capacity under the terms of his agreement, but paralegals do more than get lawyers coffee and make copies. JackMcCullough, what's your opinion about this?
Come to Southern California, home of the Ponytail, Yoga pants, matching shoes with Starbucks in hand

Old 06-07-2017, 10:16 AM

2,106 posts, read 979,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post

Now I feel bad accusing him of something he wasn't

Old 06-07-2017, 01:28 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,347,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
Now I feel bad accusing him of something he wasn't
Season episode "Five-O" goes into detail about Mike's son Matty and the details about his death (he was murdered by 2 other police officers).

Old 06-07-2017, 04:02 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,472,713 times
Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mike tell his daughter-in-law that his son finally did decide to go along with the other corrupt cops in his precinct? If I remember correctly, Mike was pretty broken up about this, because he believed that he had taken away the one thing that had set his son apart from the other cops in his precinct - the fact that he was honest. He had told him that he should go along to get along, or words to that effect, and eventually the son was also corrupted.

Quote:
Season episode "Five-O" goes into detail about Mike's son Matty and the details about his death (he was murdered by 2 other police officers).
Yes, and then Mike eventually killed the two cops in Philly who had killed his son, but letting them believe he was drunk and taking him to a remote location where they thought they were going to kill Mike too, only he turned the tables on them.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:13 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,472,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
If your license is suspended, as Jimmy's is, you are strictly prohibited from practicing law. I don't know how close you could come to it before they decided you had violated the terms of your suspension, but the risks are very high: I think it's pretty likely it would result in a revocation/disbarment.

Here's the link to a summary of the restrictions on a suspended attorney, and it does appear that there are law office functions he could do. https://lawyerist.com/66859/what-doe...n-really-mean/

If I were Kim, though, knowing that I had to report to any client whose case he works on that the work is being done by a suspended attorney, and knowing (she has to know, right?) how dishonest Jimmy is in his practices, I wouldn't do it. I think being confronted by real evidence of Jimmy's dishonesty, although it also gives her a bit of a rush at bars, is putting a strain on their relationship.
Thanks for your input and for the link to the article.

What I gathered from reading it, was that someone in Jimmy's position basically wouldn't be prohibited from performing paralegal functions, but could not confer with clients himself or offer any legal advice to clients, even if he was doing so under the direction of another lawyer.

Old 06-07-2017, 07:42 PM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
I think that's right. One time years ago an attorney I know whose license had been suspended offered to take on some work to help out at our office. I was willing to consider it, but the other lawyers in the office were unanimously against it. I thought he was a decent guy, but nobody wants to be tied to professional misconduct.

Old 06-08-2017, 10:06 AM

17,599 posts, read 15,272,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
I think that's right. One time years ago an attorney I know whose license had been suspended offered to take on some work to help out at our office. I was willing to consider it, but the other lawyers in the office were unanimously against it. I thought he was a decent guy, but nobody wants to be tied to professional misconduct.
Law license can be suspended for many things, though.. Lawyer gets a DUI, my understanding, they can have their license suspended. I wouldn't consider that "Professional Misconduct"

Now, disclosing to your clients that a suspended lawyer is working on their case might really be an issue. because I can see some clients, especially ones not familiar with the attorney in question, balking at that. Probably easier for folks in a large firm, as any cases they were handling, the clients would already be familiar with the suspended lawyer.

So far as BCS.. I think Mesa Verde would probably have an issue, but I can also see them saying that if Kim feels confortable, they'd be comfortable with something Jimmy was working on.

Old 06-08-2017, 11:04 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
I don't want to get too far down what might be a sidetrack, but anything that gets a lawyer disciplined, even if it is just a reprimand, is professional misconduct. You literally can't get disciplined without it.

What counts as professional misconduct is another question, and the rules of professional conduct, while generally consistent (I would say the majority of states, if not all, follow some version of the ABA's Model Rules), differ some from state to state. I don't remember an attorney in Vermont getting a suspension or any discipline just for DUI in many years, and we had a guy temping in our office for a while who was going to classes as part of his penalty for DUI. On the other hand, the guy who brake-checked a motorcycle and caused a crash, kept driving home, got his wife to claim that she was driving, and never came clean until after she spent the weekend in jail--yeah, he got suspended.

Just recently I was thinking of putting together a continuing legal education seminar on the ethics of Saul Goodman. It would be a lot of work to piece together all the video clips and research the rules, but I do think it would be an entertaining and educational session.
ETA: Oh, look, there's a blog, or at least there was, that covers this: http://ethicsofbettercallsaul.tumblr.com/

Last edited by jackmccullough; 06-08-2017 at 11:54 AM..

Old 06-09-2017, 04:13 PM

743 posts, read 877,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manyroads View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mike tell his daughter-in-law that his son finally did decide to go along with the other corrupt cops in his precinct? If I remember correctly, Mike was pretty broken up about this, because he believed that he had taken away the one thing that had set his son apart from the other cops in his precinct - the fact that he was honest. He had told him that he should go along to get along, or words to that effect, and eventually the son was also corrupted.

Yes, and then Mike eventually killed the two cops in Philly who had killed his son, but letting them believe he was drunk and taking him to a remote location where they thought they were going to kill Mike too, only he turned the tables on them.

I think the son didn't go along at first but then because of what Mike said he eventually did. It was too late though because the other cops didn't trust him because he hesitated, so they killed him. Mike's mission now is to provide for his DIL and granddaughter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV