Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2024, 08:22 AM

50,839 posts, read 24,347,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
This post is re-opening a thread that is 6 YEARS OLD.
So what?

Old 01-14-2024, 02:18 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
So what?

this one will be great .. so maybe change the title and be cool?

https://screenrant.com/feud-season-2...10%20p.m.%20ET.

Old 01-14-2024, 03:06 PM

19,814 posts, read 9,371,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
I know this is OT, but I have personal knowledge regarding Jack Lord. I was a child who appeared in some shows in Hawaii in the late 60s and early 70s. I was in 2 "Hawaii 5-0s" and had scenes with JL. He was extremely unpleasant to a child and downright entitled to adults on the set.

He was also in a scene where a beach shack was blown up. My calabash Uncle (close family friend who is treated like family) owned the shack being blown up. He sat in the shade watching the action when JL became churlish. People attempted to calm him down and get him to film his scene. He basically threw an adult temper tantrum.

My Father (who was 6'6 came to the set to be with me when he saw JL shouting at my Uncle. Dad walked over and looked down at JL and asked if there was a problem, because he was yelling and swearing around his little girl. It was absolutely amazing how quickly he he lost his attitude and shot the scene.

I also remember in the mid 80s seeing him in the grocery store. He had full make up and was berating the cashier. What a prince.
I have some personal knowledge of celebrities, both directly and indirectly, as 30 years ago, I was a secretary to a very wealthy man who associated with celebrities. Some of them I met were very pleasant and considerate and nice, but many others were not (to say the least) -- just like people in general. I also know that ANYONE can have a bad day and lose their tempers -- even the nicest person in the world, so to speak -- and so if someone catches them in a bad mood, their perception that this just might be how the person usually is might be incorrect -- and ditto for thinking that a bad-tempered and egotistical jerk might be mistaken for being a wonderful person because someone sees him being nice to someone for a few minutes.

But all that being said, celebrities are usually "on" (meaning they are aware of the impression they are giving), and so I would definitely believe someone's opinion who was in a celebrity's presence for days at a time other than someone who just saw the celebrity in a restaurant or who was giving someone an interview or signing autographs. I think that anyone who is not actually insane can be nice for at least a couple of hours (and remember we are talking about actors, meaning people who can put on an act). It is much harder to continue putting on an act for hours and hours, or days and days.

P.S. But it still amazes me sometimes when I see the "oh, he was so wonderful" accolades for some people after they die, when I know that so-and-so was actually someone who was so nasty that I would not voluntarily spend five minutes with him. The old adage "perception is everything" does have quite a bit of truth to it, I think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV