Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2017, 03:26 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,235,046 times

Advertisements

Im watching the pilot now. So far......damn what a cast! Lots of big names female and male. Of course most are middle aged or past. Guess finding good parts as you age is still a problem for everyone. Not sure Lange is going to be able to get the edge she needs as Joan

Old 03-22-2017, 02:22 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,030,737 times
I'll keep watching but imo it's not feeling like it needed more than 3 episodes. There's been some drama but I still don't see an epic feud.

Old 03-22-2017, 08:15 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,406,188 times
I am watching this show and enjoying it very much.
I used to love Jessica Lange and am happy to see her in this although her face lift
is concerning and a bit off. Anyone else think this?
She is a great actress as is Susan Sarandon who on the other hand
has had a very good face lift, Ha! Both are very good in this series.

Kind of ironic how these old actresses ( who can't get other work due to age) are playing roles that depict old actresses
having to find their own movie material.
Wonder if that is how the project came about.

Old 03-23-2017, 08:42 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,227,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post

Kind of ironic how these old actresses ( who can't get other work due to age) are playing roles that depict old actresses
Could be. I noticed Jessica and Susan are producers of this part of the Feud anthology. Although Jessica has been employed with AHS for the past few years.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:53 AM

661 posts, read 2,899,351 times
I'm not sure what Susan Sarandon has been doing, but Jessica Lange has been amazing in American Horror Story. Last season wasn't the same without her. She still seems to be pretty busy.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:59 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,406,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Could be. I noticed Jessica and Susan are producers of this part of the Feud anthology. Although Jessica has been employed with AHS for the past few years.
Thanks,
didn't know this about Lange.

Old 03-23-2017, 01:01 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,030,737 times
Quote:
I used to love Jessica Lange and am happy to see her in this although her face lift

I don't think she's had any bad work done. I sat 10 feet away from her on Broadway. She looked fine on live with Kelly last week. Might just be the make up for the series.

Old 03-23-2017, 04:15 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,873,772 times
Quote:

Susan Sarandon is one of those actresses that looks more and more beautiful as she ages. Michelle Phiffer is another actress who seems to age very nicely. I don't know if they have had work done on their face but it must be minimal because it looks very graceful and natural.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:50 PM

26 posts, read 32,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Then after she left pepsi they fired all the older people and my dad got the axe too not sure why because he was making a killing and he was in talks with Jack Lord (what an arse hole ) to do commercials for pepsi but they never happened because of the demands of JL some weird ones let me tell you .
You're quick to call Jack Lord an "arse hole" but you don't say what he allegedly did. It looks like the same old nonsense that has been going on for 50 years, where people look to call Jack names after all the nasty rumors circulated - which were all made up by the media.

I worked on a documentary on Jack which will soon air in a few months, and was involved in interviewing many people who worked with him, and he was anything but an "arse hole." The ones who badmouthed Jack were the real *******s.

Jack also hated doing commercials but did some in the '50s when he had to in order to earn a living, and then one when he did Stoney Burke in the early '60s because it was for the sponsor. He did a commercial for a Hawaiian Bank in 1971 to promote a local business, and that was it. Joan left Pepsi in 1973, and if these negotiations were going on at that time, it's very unlikely because there would have been publicity about it.

I know a man who was close friends with Jack Lord, and he tells me Jack didn't even like soda. He was big on fitness and even said, "All that stuff does is bloat you." Given this, it doesn't make sense that he would even consider doing a commercial for Pepsi.

Jack was also friends with Bette Davis and would have lunch with her whenever he was in LA.

If he made demands, it was so he could get out of the deal. He was also a fan of Joan Crawford's and maybe he did that to get even with them for giving her trouble.

"Arse hole" he was anything but, but it looks like he was dealing with many ...

P.S. Jack Lord (played by Eric Callero) is in the April 2nd episode.

Last edited by Vrinda81; 03-23-2017 at 08:21 PM..

Old 03-24-2017, 06:41 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,121,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrinda81 View Post
You're quick to call Jack Lord an "arse hole" but you don't say what he allegedly did. It looks like the same old nonsense that has been going on for 50 years, where people look to call Jack names after all the nasty rumors circulated - which were all made up by the media.

I worked on a documentary on Jack which will soon air in a few months, and was involved in interviewing many people who worked with him, and he was anything but an "arse hole." The ones who badmouthed Jack were the real *******s.

Jack also hated doing commercials but did some in the '50s when he had to in order to earn a living, and then one when he did Stoney Burke in the early '60s because it was for the sponsor. He did a commercial for a Hawaiian Bank in 1971 to promote a local business, and that was it. Joan left Pepsi in 1973, and if these negotiations were going on at that time, it's very unlikely because there would have been publicity about it.

I know a man who was close friends with Jack Lord, and he tells me Jack didn't even like soda. He was big on fitness and even said, "All that stuff does is bloat you." Given this, it doesn't make sense that he would even consider doing a commercial for Pepsi.

Jack was also friends with Bette Davis and would have lunch with her whenever he was in LA.

If he made demands, it was so he could get out of the deal. He was also a fan of Joan Crawford's and maybe he did that to get even with them for giving her trouble.

"Arse hole" he was anything but, but it looks like he was dealing with many ...

P.S. Jack Lord (played by Eric Callero) is in the April 2nd episode.

Oh so you are calling my dad and the folks at pepsi arseholes classy , real classy I would not watch anything about Jack Lord . Thanks for calling people you don't even know , aholes class I will tell ya . of course you wont say anything bad because you are making money off of it ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV