Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2017, 03:48 PM

26 posts, read 32,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Oh so you are calling my dad and the folks at pepsi arseholes classy , real classy I would not watch anything about Jack Lord . Thanks for calling people you don't even know , aholes class I will tell ya . of course you wont say anything bad because you are making money off of it ....
I don't care about your dad or anyone at Pepsi. You started this by calling Jack Lord an arsehole, which is not being classy, either. Thank you as well for calling someone you never met an arsehole as well - not classy.

I am not making money off of "Bette and Joan." I didn't work on it. I worked on a different project and the money I got was not based on the information I got. They would have paid me what they did no matter what people said.

You don't have to watch anything. This may not have occurred to you, but not everything is a direct command. If this incident occurred, regardless of what Jack allegedly said to your dad, he would have done it because he didn't want the job in the first place. There are so many people in this world who have done more harm to it than Jack Lord ever could, but if you want to spend the rest of your life hating him to the point where you will not watch anything about him or with him in it, then your problems must be very miniscule. We could all only wish to have so few problems in life that we have can still respond so angrily over an actor who supposedly sunk a deal to promote a third-rate soda.

Last edited by Vrinda81; 03-24-2017 at 04:02 PM..

Old 03-24-2017, 06:18 PM

14,785 posts, read 24,078,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrinda81 View Post
i don't care about your dad or anyone at pepsi. You started this by calling jack lord an arsehole, which is not being classy, either. Thank you as well for calling someone you never met an arsehole as well - not classy.

I am not making money off of "bette and joan." i didn't work on it. I worked on a different project and the money i got was not based on the information i got. They would have paid me what they did no matter what people said.

You don't have to watch anything. This may not have occurred to you, but not everything is a direct command. If this incident occurred, regardless of what jack allegedly said to your dad, he would have done it because he didn't want the job in the first place. There are so many people in this world who have done more harm to it than jack lord ever could, but if you want to spend the rest of your life hating him to the point where you will not watch anything about him or with him in it, then your problems must be very miniscule. We could all only wish to have so few problems in life that we have can still respond so angrily over an actor who supposedly sunk a deal to promote a third-rate soda.

lol >>>>

Old 03-24-2017, 06:40 PM

2,270 posts, read 4,122,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrinda81 View Post
You're quick to call Jack Lord an "arse hole" but you don't say what he allegedly did. It looks like the same old nonsense that has been going on for 50 years, where people look to call Jack names after all the nasty rumors circulated - which were all made up by the media.

I worked on a documentary on Jack which will soon air in a few months, and was involved in interviewing many people who worked with him, and he was anything but an "arse hole." The ones who badmouthed Jack were the real *******s.

Jack also hated doing commercials but did some in the '50s when he had to in order to earn a living, and then one when he did Stoney Burke in the early '60s because it was for the sponsor. He did a commercial for a Hawaiian Bank in 1971 to promote a local business, and that was it. Joan left Pepsi in 1973, and if these negotiations were going on at that time, it's very unlikely because there would have been publicity about it.

I know a man who was close friends with Jack Lord, and he tells me Jack didn't even like soda. He was big on fitness and even said, "All that stuff does is bloat you." Given this, it doesn't make sense that he would even consider doing a commercial for Pepsi.

Jack was also friends with Bette Davis and would have lunch with her whenever he was in LA.

If he made demands, it was so he could get out of the deal. He was also a fan of Joan Crawford's and maybe he did that to get even with them for giving her trouble.

"Arse hole" he was anything but, but it looks like he was dealing with many ...

P.S. Jack Lord (played by Eric Callero) is in the April 2nd episode.
I know this is OT, but I have personal knowledge regarding Jack Lord. I was a child who appeared in some shows in Hawaii in the late 60s and early 70s. I was in 2 "Hawaii 5-0s" and had scenes with JL. He was extremely unpleasant to a child and downright entitled to adults on the set.

He was also in a scene where a beach shack was blown up. My calabash Uncle (close family friend who is treated like family) owned the shack being blown up. He sat in the shade watching the action when JL became churlish. People attempted to calm him down and get him to film his scene. He basically threw an adult temper tantrum.

My Father (who was 6'6 came to the set to be with me when he saw JL shouting at my Uncle. Dad walked over and looked down at JL and asked if there was a problem, because he was yelling and swearing around his little girl. It was absolutely amazing how quickly he he lost his attitude and shot the scene.

I also remember in the mid 80s seeing him in the grocery store. He had full make up and was berating the cashier. What a prince.

Old 03-24-2017, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
I know this is OT, but I have personal knowledge regarding Jack Lord. I was a child who appeared in some shows in Hawaii in the late 60s and early 70s. I was in 2 "Hawaii 5-0s" and had scenes with JL. He was extremely unpleasant to a child and downright entitled to adults on the set.

He was also in a scene where a beach shack was blown up. My calabash Uncle (close family friend who is treated like family) owned the shack being blown up. He sat in the shade watching the action when JL became churlish. People attempted to calm him down and get him to film his scene. He basically threw an adult temper tantrum.

My Father (who was 6'6 came to the set to be with me when he saw JL shouting at my Uncle. Dad walked over and looked down at JL and asked if there was a problem, because he was yelling and swearing around his little girl. It was absolutely amazing how quickly he he lost his attitude and shot the scene.

I also remember in the mid 80s seeing him in the grocery store. He had full make up and was berating the cashier. What a prince.

I was looking for you honey I'm so glad you came along and I told him first what a real jack arse JL was .Thanks for coming on here.

Old 03-24-2017, 07:33 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,019,925 times
Now this is a feud!

Old 03-24-2017, 10:27 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,853,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Now this is a feud!
This thread certainly took an unexpected turn.

Old 03-25-2017, 09:28 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,189,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
This thread certainly took an unexpected turn.
And to think I am NOT involved!!

Old 03-25-2017, 01:09 PM

Well I am !!!!!LOL ....

Old 03-27-2017, 10:40 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,209,320 times
I grew up watching movies with the great legends and stars of their eras. I miss movies that were of that caliber.

I'm enjoying watching this series. I had never heard of the "Feud" on Fox until I caught this thread last week.

I am going to catch up on the first season.....and can't wait for next season too.

I have long admired and been a fan of both Jessica Lang and Suzanne Sarandon.

Just to share something interesting:
My daughter had an encounter with Susan a few years ago. Susan was in Santa Barbara staying at the Four Seasons for a charity marathon....My daughter was working at a rental car agency who had an branch office on site at the Four Seasons.

My daughter had been working with a company from the U.K. whose employees were being gifted with a visit to Santa Barbara for a week. A s my daughter put it, a U.K. company on the scale of Micro Soft, so there were about 100 employees to be serviced with rental cars etc.

As my daughter was finishing up what had been a very long morning she was approached by Susan Sarandon....who said that she had observed my daughter throughout this process, and wanted to invite her to have tea. My daughter accepted and while she only had time for a 15 minute break, she said Ms. Sarandon was just what we always thought she would be like, Ladylike, very complementary and genuine.

Old 03-27-2017, 11:25 AM

50,784 posts, read 24,289,888 times
Watched again last night.

In addition to Lange not looking anything at all like Crawford, the guy playing Sinatra was so far off it made me laugh out loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV