Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2019, 08:32 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,091,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'm paying top dollar for 250 tv channels i'll be damned if i'm going to pay more to watch special shows. if i cant tune in on the existing channel grid i have then that show will not be watched by me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Just how many of those 250 TV channels do you watch anyway? I bet it's no more than 10.
I am with Jambo. I watch more than 10 channels. I have FIOS’ full package. Every time I look for a package deal that would save money, I see at least one channel that would be missed, either by me or my wife. I will miss The Orville, but life will go on. It isn’t or wasn’t my choice to make the move.

Seth, if you are reading this, I DVR and fast forward through the commercials anyway, so you weren’t gaining anything from me in the first place. You won’t in the future, for sure now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2020, 03:48 PM

17,606 posts, read 15,284,873 times
The Orville has been cancelled.

Season 3 will be the last season, unless another home is found for it. https://www.thecinemaspot.com/2020/0...eason-at-hulu/

Old 08-03-2020, 04:27 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,238,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
The Orville has been cancelled.

Season 3 will be the last season, unless another home is found for it. https://www.thecinemaspot.com/2020/0...eason-at-hulu/
That's about as poorly written (and researched) an article as I've ever seen on the Internet. And that's saying a lot.

Seth MacFarlane said way back when that S3 would be the last. He had no intention of going on and on. And the writer of this incredibly poor article admits as much...

I am still trying to get more details on the situation but from my understanding, the intention was never to make a fourth season. However, we will still be getting the third season.

There are no more details for you to get, Mr. Bad Writer. As even you discovered, the intention was never to make a fourth season. It wasn't cancelled, it's run its course. This same writer then goes on to say:

Even though the show is cancelled, it is still possible for fans to get a fourth season. These networks and streaming services cancel shows all the time, but series like Lucifer, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, and The Expanse have all found their homes somewhere else.

No. What part of NO don't you understand. The network didn't cancel it, the creator did. So no, it's NOT possible to get a 4th season. This isn't like Lucifer, which truly was cancelled, and was later saved by Netflix.

Old 08-03-2020, 05:01 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,811,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post

No. What part of NO don't you understand. The network didn't cancel it, the creator did. So no, it's NOT possible to get a 4th season. This isn't like Lucifer, which truly was cancelled, and was later saved by Netflix.

And it's not like The Expanse which, when cancelled by SyFy, had story for as many as six more seasons already written.

Old 08-03-2020, 08:46 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,238,679 times
I should clarify, just in case... my rant was directed at the writer of the article. NOT at the poster who shared the link: Labonte18

Old 08-03-2020, 11:17 PM

735 posts, read 1,171,839 times
Don't believe it. The show is better than the recent Star Trek series that have come out. Also Mecharandom42 a youtuber that comments on pop culture, knows someone who works special effects on the Orville. According to that person it isn't true.

Old 08-03-2020, 11:22 PM

8,509 posts, read 4,752,974 times
I wouldn’t even call it a Star Trek clone. It’s a satirist’s fun show using a lot of Star Trek.

I was actually kind of shocked that Seth MacFarland was actually a fairly decent actor, though granted it’s his own show. The thing with his ex as XO kinda always drive me nuts, doe.

Old 08-04-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
I should clarify, just in case... my rant was directed at the writer of the article. NOT at the poster who shared the link: Labonte18

Didn't take it as such.

But, I never thought that McFarlane had only planned this for 3 seasons. It seems to me that if he were offered a 4th season of it, he'd take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I wouldn’t even call it a Star Trek clone. It’s a satirist’s fun show using a lot of Star Trek.

I was actually kind of shocked that Seth MacFarland was actually a fairly decent actor, though granted it’s his own show. The thing with his ex as XO kinda always drive me nuts, doe.

The best I'd describe it would be credited as 'based on'.. It's certainly taking some of the best parts of classic (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY) Star Trek and using that to build off of.

But, it also has that touch of influence from something like Galaxy Quest as well, where it just doesn't take itself quite so seriously.

Old 06-23-2022, 08:49 PM

9,990 posts, read 5,691,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
Season 3 to move from Fox to Hulu
Not impressed with it so far. Let's face it, the show was a barely warmed-over rehash of Star Trek with some bits of typical Seth McFarlane low-brow humor dropped in here and there. There's been a lot less of the latter so far, leaving it mostly the former. If I want to re-watch Star Trek episodes, I'll just go do that. Penny Johnson was a lot hotter back then anyway.

Old 06-23-2022, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Not impressed with it so far. Let's face it, the show was a barely warmed-over rehash of Star Trek with some bits of typical Seth McFarlane low-brow humor dropped in here and there. There's been a lot less of the latter so far, leaving it mostly the former. If I want to re-watch Star Trek episodes, I'll just go do that. Penny Johnson was a lot hotter back then anyway.

Her and her kids are the most annoying characters on the show.

I haven't been overly impressed with S3.. But, S1 and S2 were some of the best Sci-Fi out there. Now, that may be saying more about the lack of overall good sci-fi at the time, but..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV