Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2019, 10:50 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
... when they asked Bortus if the nicotine gum was working and he said no. Funny.
You just typing it made me lol!!!! "No."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2019, 07:23 AM

735 posts, read 1,171,613 times
OUTSTANDING episode of the Orville last night. Plenty of guest stars including another Star Trek actor!!!

IF FOX DOESN'T RENEW THIS SHOW FOR SEASON THREE I AM GOING TO BE SO PISSED!!!!

Old 04-12-2019, 07:26 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,880,620 times
Great episode last night. I wonder if they'll build a statue of Dolly Pardon on that planet?

Old 04-12-2019, 07:58 AM

45,431 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venture2000 View Post
OUTSTANDING episode of the Orville last night. Plenty of guest stars including another Star Trek actor!!!

IF FOX DOESN'T RENEW THIS SHOW FOR SEASON THREE I AM GOING TO BE SO PISSED!!!!
A couple. In addition to Sirtis Tony Todd (Kurn) was one of the Moclans. Frakes directed the episode. Ted Danson was an Admiral.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:37 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
I got a chuckle from the Dolly Parton stuff....I'm sure we all did. But great episode? Hmmm.......

Seth MacFarlane - SJW to the stars. Don't you folks get a little tired of that being just about all there is to this show?

Old 04-12-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I got a chuckle from the Dolly Parton stuff....I'm sure we all did. But great episode? Hmmm.......

Seth MacFarlane - SJW to the stars. Don't you folks get a little tired of that being just about all there is to this show?

Better 9 to 5 than this, maybe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rptW7zOPX2E

Watch some other shows, all of them are loaded with social commentary.

Old 04-12-2019, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Better 9 to 5 than this, maybe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rptW7zOPX2E

Watch some other shows, all of them are loaded with social commentary.
Which is just one of the multitude of reasons I don't and won't watch most other shows.

Surely you are not contending that it is a matter of having to pick your poison. There are lots of alternatives to watching commercial TV.

Old 04-12-2019, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Which is just one of the multitude of reasons I don't and won't watch most other shows.

Surely you are not contending that it is a matter of having to pick your poison. There are lots of alternatives to watching commercial TV.

No. I'm contending people can watch, or not, whatever the **** they want. If someone is too dumb to not catch various messages, if they're there, then maybe they're too stupid to own a TV.

If you're watching HULU or other of the newer non-commercial outlets and claim there are no "messages" there then you might step back and really look.

Old 04-12-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
No. I'm contending people can watch, or not, whatever the **** they want. If someone is too dumb to not catch various messages, if they're there, then maybe they're too stupid to own a TV.

If you're watching HULU or other of the newer non-commercial outlets and claim there are no "messages" there then you might step back and really look.
Nope, not watching HULU or anything similar. Most of the TV I watch is like today's Masters golf or something from my Blu-Ray/DVD library. But most of my time is spent elsewhere than in front of a TV.

Our current media culture is 20 feet beyond flood stage in social commentary, most of it from the political outer reaches. That this show drowns in it nearly every week and, in fact, essentially has no other purpose but to serve as a vehicle with which to carry MacFarlane's fringe-left political agenda, is its ball-and-chain.

Old 04-12-2019, 09:42 PM

17,599 posts, read 15,279,200 times
Quote:
A couple. In addition to Sirtis Tony Todd (Kurn) was one of the Moclans. Frakes directed the episode. Ted Danson was an Admiral.

THAT'S who it was.. I kept thinking it looked like John Amos, but younger.

It was a good episode.. But enough with the Moclan storylines for a while.

The Dolly stuff was forced. Like Dolly alot.. But that was kinda shoehorned in there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV