Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2017, 09:56 PM

7,377 posts, read 5,492,216 times

Advertisements

Best: Breaking Bad

Mediocre: Grimm

Worst: Lost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 10:24 PM

12,869 posts, read 9,093,207 times
Best: Another vote for Bob Newhart and MASH.

Worst: Much harder because so many are bad or just simply go on for two seasons longer than they should have and just die a slow lingering death. One of the worst, and I know many will disagree, is St Elsewhere. I just felt so, cheated, by the ending. I know it was similar to Bob Newhart which is one of the best, but the thing is, that was inn keeping with the whole style of the Bob Newhart show, but completely out of sync with St Elsewhere. Just left a bad taste in my mouth and felt like I'd wasted my time watching all those years.

Oh, and someone mentioned JJ Abrams. Lord, I hate his work. What he did to Star Trek is a crime. Never could stand Lost because it was such a mess of a story, so I never cared about the ending.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:43 PM

3,258 posts, read 3,215,181 times
Best--another vote for Six Feet Under and Breaking Bad. I actually liked the way The Sopranos ended too. I'd like to add another--The Larry Sanders Show. Just perfect!

Worst--already mentioned but I'll pile on -- Seinfeld. Larry David & Jerry should refund part of their royalties for that one.

Old 07-06-2017, 11:51 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,674,869 times
The Good Wife - It was surprising how awful the ending was, just silly and stupid.

Really didn't fit the story line, to have two very bright, successful women act so out of character, the last show, for the roles they played as Alicia and Diane high powered lawyers.

It seemed overall insulting for the show to have such a ridiculous ending.

It would have been a more appropriate ending to have Alicia and Diane opening an all woman Law Firm like they had discussed this would have been an appropriate ending to what was a great series.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:44 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,341,966 times
"Lost" had so much potential - I remember being hooked on that premiere episode. We couldn't wait for the next Wednesday to watch it because it was such a great show. And then it got derailed around season 3 or 4 and we quit watching. Unfortunately because I HAD quit watching, the ending left me even more "lost" than ever.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:07 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,114,381 times
Now that fargo season 3 has ended how awful was that ending ? right up there with bad if you ask me , it was stupid the ending .

Old 07-07-2017, 07:09 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,114,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
The Good Wife - It was surprising how awful the ending was, just silly and stupid.

Really didn't fit the story line, to have two very bright, successful women act so out of character, the last show, for the roles they played as Alicia and Diane high powered lawyers.

It would have been a more appropriate ending to have Alicia and Diane opening an all woman Law Firm like they had discussed this would have been an appropriate ending to what was a great series.

You bet this ^^^^^

would have been a much better ending .

Old 07-07-2017, 07:17 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,466,734 times
Friday Night Lights
Bob Newhart (very last scene is so perfect!)
Mary Tyler Moore
Frasier

And while this is a bit off-topic: I sometimes will go to Netflix (other services, I'm sure, provide the same ability) and watch first & last episodes, a sort of "hi, goodbye" thing. Fun to watch, esp'ly with long-running series, where characters age, new people figure prominently at the end, etc.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:19 AM

22,932 posts, read 28,314,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Now that fargo season 3 has ended how awful was that ending ? right up there with bad if you ask me , it was stupid the ending .
I liked it.

That said: Season 3 was my least favorite season so far. Not bad. Still one of the best shows on TV. But in terms of FARGO, season 3 just didn't have the umph of seasons 1 and 2.

Old 07-07-2017, 09:47 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,277,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post

I just loved this show up till that Planned Parenthood episode and stopped watching it. When a show starts shoving it's political agenda down the viewers throat...I'm done with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV