Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 04:22 PM

581 posts, read 456,448 times

Advertisements

Lost
Roseanne
The Sopranos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 05:04 PM

3,888 posts, read 4,542,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Last couple of scenes of "CASTLE". Mass slaughter of the protagonists is a pure cop (bad pun) out. I was very disappointed with the last two seasons.
I've seen my share of weird endings, but that one took that cake. It actually made me and hubs angry! It felt like an intentional FU to the fans! lol!

Old 07-29-2017, 08:27 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Lost was lost to me from beginning--the writers/show-runners just messed w/audience's minds for no reason at all...
The Wire was bit of letdown in final season but hope MacNulty was able to pull it off
And yes--The Sopranos--- artful ending perhaps but not satisfying for most viewers...

Old 07-30-2017, 08:36 AM

1,227 posts, read 2,064,347 times
It's just that they made the mother to be so likable and a perfect match to Ted! They kept telling us why Robin and Ted wouldn't work for seasons only to bring them back together in the end after killing off the mother and breaking up Barney and Robin, which I liked together! They made Barney regress so much too! Ugh terrible ending!

Old 07-30-2017, 08:52 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,663,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Worst...Sopranos...left us all arguing over what it was supposed to mean. Didn't seem like an ending to the story so much as they just stopped telling it.

Northern Exposure had a terrific ending, Friends was wrapped up in a satisfying manner.

Agree on the Soprano's as "all time worst",Newhart was all so pretty bad .

Best ....Mash !Second runner up the ending to the original Fugitive!

Old 07-30-2017, 07:25 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,814,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
And if it had to be left ambiguous, it could have been accomplished far more artfully than the scene in the diner. Strangers walking in and out..Meadow having problems parking her car..none of that added up to anything. It just seemed like filler material and none of it was sufficient in itself to serve as a foundation for what we were supposed to be guessing was happening.
it didn't necessarily add up to anything. It might have just been what happens. People have trouble parking. Strangers come and go. Or, it might have - that's the ambiguity. And really, that's the life of a crime boss. Everything that is otherwise normal is maybe some part of a greater machination to snuff you out. That's Tony's life.

And maybe that life was snuffed out with a bullet to the back of the head as we cut to black. Or maybe not. It could go either way.

Old 07-30-2017, 07:48 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
it didn't necessarily add up to anything. It might have just been what happens. People have trouble parking. Strangers come and go. Or, it might have - that's the ambiguity. And really, that's the life of a crime boss. Everything that is otherwise normal is maybe some part of a greater machination to snuff you out. That's Tony's life.

And maybe that life was snuffed out with a bullet to the back of the head as we cut to black. Or maybe not. It could go either way.
I understood all that, that is the interpretation of the ending that I made as well...leaving us with an image of ongoing paranoia. However, it is also the sort of conclusion one reaches after thinking about it for a time, not what you think when it happens. As I noted, they could have crafted a scene where this message came across as we watched, not as a later conclusion. They could have tricked us into thinking Tony was absolutely going to be assassinated by someone in the diner...but ultimately reveal this person to be innocuous...Tony is visibly relieved...then we go dark.

It would have been more satisfying.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:56 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,192,887 times
I remember being disappointed as a kid when Dark Shadows ended, because it just ... ended. Nothing was wrapped up, it just went out like there would be another episode the next day.

I didn't mind how Mad Men ended as much as the disjointed nonsense that led up to the final episode. Oh, yeah, and I was annoyed that Megan's mother was actually happy.

Old 07-31-2017, 06:03 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,371,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Oh, man! I almost forgot about that one, probably to save my sanity. That is definitely the worst. Bar none.
Quantum leap gave it a run for the money.

Old 08-01-2017, 10:12 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Models, Inc.

I'm not sure which was worse, the cliff hanger (with Mitch P. surveying his handy work) or the summary of scenes that said the show was over (leaving Carrie Anne Moss in limbo in South America hooker hell), the summary clearly having the label of "This is only one take, make the best of it".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV