Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 05:26 AM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I love 2 Broke Girls.

I despised that raunchy show. See, there IS an azz for every seat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2018, 06:13 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,238,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
I despised that raunchy show. See, there IS an azz for every seat.
True dat!

Old 06-26-2018, 10:14 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,099,661 times
I think the rest of the cast are a bunch of back stabbing Hollywood nuts and would not and will not watch this . Talk about some loyalty here if it were nt for Roseanne a lot of these people would be has beens in Hollywood . I would not count one of them friends if I were her . I hope it goes down in flames .

Old 06-26-2018, 02:12 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,697,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think the rest of the cast are a bunch of back stabbing Hollywood nuts and would not and will not watch this . Talk about some loyalty here if it were nt for Roseanne a lot of these people would be has beens in Hollywood . I would not count one of them friends if I were her . I hope it goes down in flames .
Interesting. I thought they (the cast) threw Roseanne under the bus really fast. Like they were just waiting for that excuse.

Old 06-26-2018, 03:43 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,270,399 times
Quote:
I agree 100%.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:16 AM

6,904 posts, read 7,611,912 times
Let's see:

John Goodman has consistently acted professionally for more than 30 years. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000422/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1 He has appeared in many Oscar winning and cult favorite films. He is beloved in the acting community, and is well known as a really nice guy.

Laurie Metcalf has consistently acted professionally for more than 30 years. https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0582418/?ref_=nv_sr_1 She was recently nominated for an Oscar. She has won two Tony awards, in addition to many other less well known awards.

Then there's the little known actor George Clooney. Wonder whatever happened to him?

The others were kids. Most of them still work professionally. None of them have turned out to be druggies or criminals, which is pretty good for child actors.

I believe quite firmly that the original Roseanne show was only successful because she was surrounded by such excellent, professional actors. (I also believe quite firmly that what she recently said wasn't racist and she shouldn't have experienced such out of proportion backlash.)

I'm surprised Goodman and Metcalf ever even wanted to get locked into a television show again; they don't need it professionally. I guess the money must be good.

Last edited by 601halfdozen0theother; 06-27-2018 at 05:48 AM..

Old 06-27-2018, 02:32 PM

11,642 posts, read 12,717,447 times
I think the money was really good. It was only supposed to be 10 episodes so that would not have committed them to too much time and they could continue doing other projects.

Both Laurie Metcalf and John Goodman were guest stars on a bunch of other television shows years before Roseanne. If you watch old shows, they turn up from time to time. Most likely, since they already had a big dossier, they would have been in some other hit show or movie because they must have been known to many casting directors by the time the Roseanne show was in the planning stage. I also believe that John Goodman already had a few smaller roles in some movies.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:01 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,531,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
I love 2 Broke Girls.
worst show ever televised.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:06 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,147,573 times
Quote:
The only reason this show was a hit was because of Roseanne. Hollywood just doesn't get the political climate right now. No way will this spinoff last past a few episodes.

Old 07-02-2018, 08:50 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,238,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
The only reason this show was a hit was because of Roseanne. Hollywood just doesn't get the political climate right now. No way will this spinoff last past a few episodes.
While I tend to agree with you on the show lasting, it's because of Roseanne, not the political climate. People read too much into that stuff.

Roseanne was funny, and the glue of the show. I like most of the cast, esp John Goodman, but the show was called Roseanne for a reason. I think without her it doesn't have legs. But who knows.

Politics has nothing to do with it. My wife is a good example. She's far more "right" than I am, but she could give a hoot about TV & politics. She just liked Roseanne. She also, as an aside, loved 2 Broke Girls. Whodathunk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV