Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2023, 03:16 PM

17,584 posts, read 15,254,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slater View Post
I think it's inevitable (and natural, probably) that fans of the original series will judge it against the new series. In that respect, the new show will almost certainly come up lacking. Hopefully, most viewers will judge it on it's own merits.

And because of that.. I wonder if the old school way of doing this would be better?

What was the old school way? You'd do a 'reunion' show. Maybe it's a 2 hour movie.. Like they used to do with shows from the 80s (mainly).. You had a couple of Growing Pains movies.. A Facts of Life movie.. That kind of thing.

You put out that 2 hour movie.. It catches everyone up on where the characters are at now.. It would give you the chance to introduce your plot points that you'd want to explore, establish where your characters are and what they're doing.. Explain what happened to characters that wouldn't be returning..

And you do all that while only investing in a 2 hour production that gives you the option to say "Yep.. That just didn't work.. Let's move on" or "There's serious potential here, let's go to a full series order"

The 'reunion' show is just perfect for this. Think of the shows that have come back that bombed.. Murphy Brown is a pretty good example.. If they had just done a reunion type show.. I think they would have realized.. Hey.. Bad idea. Let's not go forward.

Frazier.. I mean.. The big questions here.. Where is everyone now? Because the answer to that, I think, pretty much is the answer to whether we'd watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2023, 06:12 PM

2,714 posts, read 2,214,139 times
I did not like the original show, so I doubt I will waste my time watching this.

Old 01-17-2023, 09:36 PM

19,208 posts, read 16,693,063 times
Never crazy about that show but happy as a clam they brought back Night Court. It's good to laugh again.

Old 02-07-2023, 06:43 PM

2,221 posts, read 1,333,854 times
Another blurb about the reboot.

https://ew.com/tv/kelsey-grammer-fra...boston-cheers/

Old 02-07-2023, 07:22 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,178,929 times
Would not be the same.

But if they do it then Chicago would make sense as that is where he ended up at the end.

Plus it would be a nice tribute to John Mahoney who loved living in Chicago and spent his last years back in the famous Chicago theater scene that he loved so much.

Hope it is better than the boring as hell Night Court reboot!!!

Old 02-09-2023, 04:46 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,703,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Would not be the same.

But if they do it then Chicago would make sense as that is where he ended up at the end.

Plus it would be a nice tribute to John Mahoney who loved living in Chicago and spent his last years back in the famous Chicago theater scene that he loved so much.

Hope it is better than the boring as hell Night Court reboot!!!
I'll watch just to see Nicholas Lyndhurst. He's a sitcom veteran across the pond.

Old 09-12-2023, 11:28 AM

18,469 posts, read 31,635,068 times
I used to really like Frasier but since it is on 4 times a night, and I have seen every episode at least 65 times, I find that all they do on this show is yell, constant yelling....and after a while I get a little sick of Frasier going off on one of his almost shaksperian rants, always screaming.

so, I only watch one episode now, and I'm starting to not even like it anymore. Out of all the actors, I like Kelsey Grammer the least.

then we have everyone loves Raymond, and I cant stand that show or Ray Romano for that matter, I don't find him funny at all.

Old 09-12-2023, 01:16 PM

1,381 posts, read 724,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I used to really like Frasier but since it is on 4 times a night, and I have seen every episode at least 65 times, I find that all they do on this show is yell, constant yelling....and after a while I get a little sick of Frasier going off on one of his almost shaksperian rants, always screaming.

so, I only watch one episode now, and I'm starting to not even like it anymore. Out of all the actors, I like Kelsey Grammer the least.

then we have everyone loves Raymond, and I cant stand that show or Ray Romano for that matter, I don't find him funny at all.
I have the 4 episodes a night as well and now can only tolerate maybe one of them. I now find Roz and Frasier to be whining, pathetic self-centered pia's who just cry about failed sexual encounters/relationships. They are just sooo desperate and it's just gotten too old.

I certainly hope the new show is nothing like it.

Old 09-12-2023, 06:47 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,247,479 times
I never cared about the original show, so a reboot wouldnt matter. Sorry.

Old 09-13-2023, 06:26 AM

8,814 posts, read 21,278,987 times
without the Dad , it would not be the same

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV