Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2022, 04:19 PM

22,953 posts, read 28,365,202 times

Advertisements

https://deadline.com/2022/10/frasier...us-1235134390/

‘Frasier’ Sequel Starring Kelsey Grammer Picked Up To Series At Paramount+

Excerpt:

Quote:
Details about the new series are also not being revealed beyond the fact that it is focused on Frasier Crane’s (Grammer) next chapter in a different city. He will be surrounded by new characters, with original Frasier cast members not expected to be series regulars but could make guest appearances.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2022, 07:38 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,257,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
https://deadline.com/2022/10/frasier...us-1235134390/

‘Frasier’ Sequel Starring Kelsey Grammer Picked Up To Series At Paramount+

Excerpt:
Thanks for posting this. Frasier is one of my top five series of all time. I can still watch an episode if I'm flipping around the channels late at night. But...

I just can't see this. Lightning in a bottle is tough once, but twice? Frasier had the perfect cast, and Emmy level writers. No matter how good it is, the reviews will be comparing it to the original.

Putting it on Paramount+ doesn't help. The potential audience is smaller, and (IMHO) the target demo is older, and less likely to subscribe to P+.

Old 10-04-2022, 10:27 PM

33,360 posts, read 26,587,975 times
If it doesn't have the original cast members as regulars then I don't want to watch it. I want to remember the original Fraser as it was. I'm stuck in time that way.

Old 10-05-2022, 06:15 AM

22,953 posts, read 28,365,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Thanks for posting this. Frasier is one of my top five series of all time. I can still watch an episode if I'm flipping around the channels late at night. But...
Ditto. I still watch it on streaming occasionally. The show still holds up as one of the best sitcoms every made.

Quote:
I just can't see this. Lightning in a bottle is tough once, but twice?
Three times actually. This character started on CHEERS. Which brings us to ...

Quote:
Frasier had the perfect cast, and Emmy level writers. No matter how good it is, the reviews will be comparing it to the original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
If it doesn't have the original cast members as regulars then I don't want to watch it. I want to remember the original Fraser as it was. I'm stuck in time that way.
All true, and all a definite danger. But all the same arguments I remember when FRASIER was first announced decades ago. "It'll never be as good as CHEERS!" "No Sam Malone! No way!" "Why Frasier Crane? Give Norm his own show!" "The writing was so great. FRASIER will never measure up!"

All valid arguments. And all ultimately proved wrong.

Will the new FRASIER be able to repeat the miracle? I don't know. I'm as doubtful as anyone. But I'll give it a chance.

Quote:
Putting it on Paramount+ doesn't help. The potential audience is smaller, and (IMHO) the target demo is older, and less likely to subscribe to P+.
Maybe. Streaming is definitely the way of the future. But this show's built-in audience definitely skews older.

Old 10-10-2022, 02:36 PM

11,090 posts, read 6,975,250 times
I would LOVE to see the whole gang again, even without Martin Crane and Eddie. And some of the recurring guests as well. I just wonder if it could work. It could, if the writers have a magical like quality to their writing because the cast we can most definitely count on.

Old 10-16-2022, 08:33 AM

37,313 posts, read 60,014,190 times
This is a meal that won’t satisfy nearly as well as the first one
That Frazier was so good because of the cast and the writing
Grammar is nuts to think he can create another Frazier just as good…

Old 10-16-2022, 09:33 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,257,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
This is a meal that won’t satisfy nearly as well as the first one
That Frazier was so good because of the cast and the writing
Grammar is nuts to think he can create another Frazier just as good…
Every word is truth. I often wonder what drives an actor to do this. He's got money (over $10 million a year to this day from reruns alone). He can't think it will be as good as the original (or does he?). I know actors love to act, and perhaps at his age, there ain't a lot of offers, so he takes the one he knows will be picked up.

Old 10-16-2022, 10:22 AM

51,041 posts, read 24,544,958 times
I'm not going to make the presumption that this won't be a good series. But, I admit that it will be tough to top John Mahoney and David Hyde Pierce. Sometimes everything just comes together perfectly, and the original of "Frazier" was one of those times. However, this could still be a good show.

Old 10-16-2022, 08:16 PM

37,313 posts, read 60,014,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm not going to make the presumption that this won't be a good series. But, I admit that it will be tough to top John Mahoney and David Hyde Pierce. Sometimes everything just comes together perfectly, and the original of "Frazier" was one of those times. However, this could still be a good show.
It won’t
Grammar is not the same man he was when Frazier was filmed

Heraclitus wrote: “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.”

Old 10-20-2022, 12:35 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,943,926 times
Pass....

The original series was really good. I can't see it happening again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV