Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 12:23 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Are we being led to believe that she is a bad robot ? you said how to stop piper in the future , so im guessing that she might have been intended for evil use ? again this show keeps me asking things .
The "creator" (O'Quinn), gave a very ambiguous answer to Jo about good/bad. The reporter was saying how telling an AI just screws up the code and apparently shuts them down. Good thing to know. I wonder if that works on Alexa?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 07:51 AM

12,780 posts, read 14,996,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Glad to see that it's getting better because I like this show the LEAST of all the new fall shows I've been watching & this one was almost going to get the ax if the 3rd episode wasn't any better. I haven't watched ep #3 just yet, so I'll see..............
I'm officially done w/ this show. I don't think it got better w/ ep #3 or 4. I liked it the least of all the NEW fall shows I started watching anyway. There's tons of other (old & new) shows I watch.

Old 10-17-2019, 06:59 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I'm officially done w/ this show. I don't think it got better w/ ep #3 or 4. I liked it the least of all the NEW fall shows I started watching anyway. There's tons of other (old & new) shows I watch.
Thanks for this. I was debating on giving the recorded episodes a try.

Old 10-17-2019, 07:12 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,981,341 times
I actually like the idea of Piper being an AI that was purposely made to appear to be a child in order to make it easier to accomplish whatever it/she is here to do. Appearing to be a child lets it/her be manipulative in a very sneaky way...Piper stopping the car in order to save a turtle on the road made Jo feel less afraid of Piper. The show is more interesting to me now, and I'll keep watching.

Old 10-18-2019, 08:33 AM

2,119 posts, read 4,169,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
I actually like the idea of Piper being an AI that was purposely made to appear to be a child in order to make it easier to accomplish whatever it/she is here to do. Appearing to be a child lets it/her be manipulative in a very sneaky way...Piper stopping the car in order to save a turtle on the road made Jo feel less afraid of Piper. The show is more interesting to me now, and I'll keep watching.
Me too.. Piper is humanizing herself IMO so she is accepted. Excited to see more...

Old 10-18-2019, 01:54 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgal View Post
Me too.. Piper is humanizing herself IMO so she is accepted. Excited to see more...

this is good now Jo can stop being afraid of what piper might do to mia . I think that would have to be in the back of her mind as well . I hope she can stay with this family cause they seem like really good people .

Old 10-18-2019, 09:39 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Love conquers all, finally!
Well, except for the gunshots at the end...bummer.
What an interesting part Emily is in all this.

Old 10-24-2019, 07:20 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,097,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Love conquers all, finally!
Well, except for the gunshots at the end...bummer.
What an interesting part Emily is in all this.
im wondering if the big lady that was in the car with benny is dead ?

Old 10-24-2019, 06:39 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,576,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
Me, too. I'm loving that Jo and Benny know that Piper's and AI. I feel like the show is getting better and better. I really love this show, and hope it lasts.

Old 10-25-2019, 08:44 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Back on next Tuesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV