Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2011, 08:12 AM

5 posts, read 17,334 times

Advertisements

Yes my husband and I watch it and some really urk us too. I also like the International one as well, it so neat to see homes in different parts of the world!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 11:58 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,758,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I've just got to laugh, Beretta. Right after your post comes 3 ADs. Two for herpes products and one for a divorce lawyer.

House Hunters is starting to wear on me. What we seem to be seeing are a bunch of bratty women who want stainless and must have granite. I guess I'm getting old but why can't people just appreciate the house? They seem to want the sun and the moon along with a place to live.

The couples I generally enjoy are the young ones who are buying their first house. Their priorities are different. They usually are not trying to spend a lot of money to get a McMansion. They are willing to paint. They see more to the house than counter tops and flooring. They see a home rather than a showplace.

When I see some of the prices on these fancy places that are more house than the buyers need I want to yell at them "There is more to life than spending all your money on a house. Look at the economy, folks. It's bad. Be smart with your money. You will regret it later if you are house poor."
I think you are ON to something here ! It DOES get tiring and it's almost like HH TELLs them to say it all the time...: It's like every womans dialogue is: '

Her : " I need stainless steel, wood floors, fireplace, and BIG rooms "

Men :" I need a MAN cave and since she will be doing the dishes, I don't care about the dishwasher and since she will be cooking, I don't care about counter space. "

Nothing wrong with wanting these things but writers please change it up !

Like ROBOTS !

Old 03-18-2011, 01:19 PM

5,120 posts, read 16,599,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miaiam View Post
...A pool table in the living room?! You have go to be kidding me! When they showed the "x months later" part I really thought the pool table wouldn't be there, who has a pool table in the living room?!...
If I had a family room & I would use a pool table, then I would put one in my living room. Now if said pool table was just a dropping place for a whole bunch of stuff, THEN I'd have a problem.

When either spouse uses words like "allow" and "let" referring to whether or not the SO can do/have something or go somewhere it makes my blood boil. Two adults should not use those words when discussing each other's decision making. I cringe when I hear my married co-workers talk like that.

Old 03-18-2011, 01:27 PM

2,053 posts, read 4,816,509 times
I agree, anybody who shares common areas - spouses, roommates, relatives, neighbors, whoever - should be in agreement, and at least willing to be considerate of others.

I simply mentioned that very few people would put a pool table in the living room (rather unusual, but to each his own), given that it is usually an area where people socialize and have family/friends over. A family room is usually an area where people play together, so I think it would a more appropriate place. However, if one enjoys playing pool, and others who share that space don't mind, one places it wherever one likes, it is one's house after all.

Then again, that is just my opinion.

Last edited by Miaiam; 03-18-2011 at 01:37 PM..

Old 03-18-2011, 07:01 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
All of your alls posts have made me LOL! The fake accent really had me shaking my head! What is up with that chick? She is a nut!

Old 03-18-2011, 08:26 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
All of your alls posts have made me LOL! The fake accent really had me shaking my head! What is up with that chick? She is a nut!
hehehe.....so glad you joined us and chime in about the show. I find,as time goes by, that I watch the people more than the houses--well sometimes.
But the people crack me up. Make me feel entirely sane

Old 03-18-2011, 08:31 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Ok I haven't posted in months...but the lady with the fake British accent annoyed me so much I had to vent about it to someone besides my DH.

I mean really, WTF was that? I was so embarrassed for her. She even corrected herself for saying grass instead of garden or something cuz it was too American I guess?

POSER!!!

so glad you're posting again sophia!! I know--didn't that accent drive ya bonkers???

LOL@Poser

Old 03-18-2011, 11:55 PM

41,961 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
She's scared of moths,of sleeping on the bottom level of any house,afraid to live by water in case an alligator eats her dog. Afraid of hurricanes--which would seem normal except that well she's afraid of everything else.
She seemed afraid of Florida, period.

And the boyfriend was no prize, either; he was afraid of neighbors and a lack of pool tables!

Old 03-19-2011, 08:36 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Ok I haven't posted in months...but the lady with the fake British accent annoyed me so much I had to vent about it to someone besides my DH.

I mean really, WTF was that? I was so embarrassed for her. She even corrected herself for saying grass instead of garden or something cuz it was too American I guess?

POSER!!!
hahaha! Even her own mom mentioned it. I wanted to slap her.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:43 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
But the West Palm show really highlighted the problems with the show. The lady came across as the most idiotic buyer to ever appear on the show. She was afraid of hurricanes, gators, moths and attackers.

Then, "two months later," she has the same herpes attack in the same place but suddenly is the picture of emotional health, neuroses eradicated, and she is becoming an agent in the hopes of calming other paranoid Florida buyers. If that wasn't the phoniest episode of all - and there are some pretty phony ones - then I don't know what to say. To me, that episode made House Hunters finally jump the shark for me. I'm done.

On a side note, I once knew a very odd girl in our small New England town. She went to basic training in North Carolina and then came back with a full-blown Southern accent. How long is basic training? A couple of months? And she lived in New England for 20 years?

I haven't lived in New England in 15 years and I still have a touch of my Bahstahn accent. I've lived in The South since I left and don't have a hint of a Southern accent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV