Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2014, 08:46 PM

8,650 posts, read 10,180,076 times

Advertisements

Any guesses as to who Donna Mills will play? I know there have been many different guesses out there (Julian's mother, Alexandra Quartermaine, Sydney Chase, etc...), but I'm wondering if she's associated with Barrett Enterprises somehow and the one bankrolling Julian, although I wouldn't begin to know how that connection would exist. I wonder if she'll be Nina's mother as well. Supposedly, she will be a new character.

Then it got me wondering if they were going the direction of Barrett. I know sometimes Cartini likes to pick a particular time in GH history to refocus on. Luke's been acting not like himself recently...sort of reminded me of his supposedly-dead cousin Bill Eckert. Bill at one point dated Brenda's sister, Julia as well as Holly. Brenda and Julia's father was Harlan, who dated Tracy and was killed when Bill shot him when Bill was pretending to be involved with the Cartel (along with Faison, Leopold (Dominique's ex), and Ned's father Larry Ashton) that was planning to control global business using a deadly substance...which reminds me of the storylines that revolved around the mutant strain of encephalitis back in 2006 (Holly was part of storyline), the neurotoxin with Jerry Jax in 2007, and the polonium poisoning which both had to do with Jerry Jacks and Faison. Maybe the polonium poisoning was a continued effort by Faison that started all those years ago with the Cartel.

In any case, I can't remember if Julian's and Olivia's mom had died or was just never shown. I thought it would be interesting if DM's character actually turned out to be Olivia and Julian's mother who had been banished from their lives by Victor Jerome because he found out that she had an affair with Harlan Barrett (since he got around) and maybe became pregnant with his child (Nina - would be Julia's and Brenda's half sister since they all would share the same father and she would be Julian's and Olivia's half sister also since they shared the same mother). Maybe Harlan set his mistress and their daughter up with some money or perhaps he discounted both of them after she got pregnant. She may have turned to the WSB back then to work with them to bring down Victor Jerome and subsequently give them information about Harlan Barret. This may also actually be why/how Julian was spared by the WSB and went into the witness protection program. Now, she may be finding a way years later to destroy the Barrett legacy. Having reconnected with Julian after all the lost years may be why she is bankrolling him in the name of Barrett Enterprises so that he could re-establish himself and regain the territory that belonged to the Jeromes, but maybe she is selfishly doing it for herself as well. Since Sonny now owns that territory, maybe the common denominator for both DM's character and Julian is the Sonny/Brenda connection. Yet, perhaps Faison and Jerry Jax fit into it somehow also, or even Bill Eckert...or, she somehow got involved with the WSB which is how she realized that her supposedly dead son Julian was actually alive.

I'm sure it will be something different, but it's nice to imagine different storylines.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2014, 09:09 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,547,897 times
AZLiam, how long did it take you to come up with that scenario? Impressive, to say the least. I hope there is nothing to do with Bill Eckert coming up. There are enough snoresville boring characters on the canvas now as it is, Silas, Sonny, Olivia, Sam, Rafe, Molly, etc.

I don't remember Harlan Barrett, but I remember Victor choking on a necklace because Lucy Coe rejected him.

Sydney Chase, in the form of Morgan Fairchild, is ten years younger than Donna Mills--it could still happen, though. I can see her playing someone like that. Could that be who Julian was talking to today, on the docks (maybe)?

Old 03-05-2014, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
AZLiam, how long did it take you to come up with that scenario? Impressive, to say the least. I hope there is nothing to do with Bill Eckert coming up. There are enough snoresville boring characters on the canvas now as it is, Silas, Sonny, Olivia, Sam, Rafe, Molly, etc.

I don't remember Harlan Barrett, but I remember Victor choking on a necklace because Lucy Coe rejected him.

Sydney Chase, in the form of Morgan Fairchild, is ten years younger than Donna Mills--it could still happen, though. I can see her playing someone like that. Could that be who Julian was talking to today, on the docks (maybe)?
Hey fuzzy...I've been watching the show since the late 70's, so I, like many longtime viewers just imagine storylines after awhile. After you've seen so many shows and storylines, it seems like stuff just gets recycled, so I like to use my imagination to come up with stuff that sort of incorporates the history of the show. I started doing that moreso during the JPF/Guza years when history was strongly ignored.

In any case, there's a few characters I could do without also. I also wasn't a huge fan of Bill Eckert either, but if there ever was a reason to explain how Luke could turn on his family and become such a loser, I had one. Since Faison knew Bill back then, he could have revived Bill with Helena's help (when he supposedly died) and somehow brainwashed him into believing he was Luke. It also may have explained how Luke could have had an affair with Holly and had Ethan. Helena and Faison could have arranged for brainwashed Bill to impersonate Luke and meet up with Holly, so that she believed he was actually Luke. The continued plan may have stalled when (around '96), Helena was really sick. Then, when Faison returned to Port Charles back in the early 2000's when Lucky was kidnapped by him, he could have snatched up Luke and replaced him with a brainwashed Bill as part of Helena's revenge (since he and Helena were working together). No one would have imagined that Bill actually took Luke's place, but it would help to explain how Luke turned into the guy he did versus the father who once loved his children and his wife.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:14 PM

I think the blame for Luke's character assassination lands squarely in the laps of the various writers, and the fact that Anthony Geary just doesn't seem to care anymore.

Old 03-05-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
I think the blame for Luke's character assassination lands squarely in the laps of the various writers, and the fact that Anthony Geary just doesn't seem to care anymore.
+1000

ITA...I just never understood why the previous writers would ignore the history of the show. The show is a story....it has a beginning, a middle, and an ending. I understand that the show has to introduce characters to keep the story going, but for quite a few many years, the show did not resemble much of what the "story" of GH had been, nor its history. I do not mind occasionally characters that help to drive the storyline forward, so long as it makes sense and incorporates at least some of the history of the show into it.

Old 03-07-2014, 08:16 PM

8,081 posts, read 4,759,280 times
I think it's Luke, but he was given some mind-altering drug at the loony bin that has rewired his brain. This whole thing with him acting inappropriately might just be a series of oddball scenes where he gets to play something different, but not any sort of long-term plotline (think: Olivia and her psychic visions).

Since Tony Geary comes and goes as he pleases, I would be very surprised if his current situation ties into any of the other plotlines (Donna Mills, Julian/Ava, Silas/Nina/Sam, etc.). He can't be relied on to participate in any long-term storyline due to his frequent "disappearances", so the writers have to isolate him into his own little bubble, interacting mostly with Jane Elliot (Tracy) rather than being a character who crosses into others' stories with any frequency and drives story for the show as a whole.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:01 PM

His behavior today toward Monica was despicable. I can't believe no one decked him.

Old 03-08-2014, 06:33 PM

8,081 posts, read 4,759,280 times
Yes, if they wanted to make it clear that he's "not himself", they really sent it over the top. I've developed quite a fondness for Monica, so I would have been PO'd at Luke saying that crap at ANY time. But just as she's discovered her only remaining son was in ICU? Tracy should have broken a vase over his head (she's good at that). He had no right to criticize AJ's being a "drunk". Luke's drinking got Monica's grandson killed not too long ago.

The preview of Monday, with Luke putting the moves on Kiki (!!) ought to be funny, not rage-inducing. We ought to send her a box of vases!

Old 03-08-2014, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
Yes, if they wanted to make it clear that he's "not himself", they really sent it over the top. I've developed quite a fondness for Monica, so I would have been PO'd at Luke saying that crap at ANY time. But just as she's discovered her only remaining son was in ICU? Tracy should have broken a vase over his head (she's good at that). He had no right to criticize AJ's being a "drunk". Luke's drinking got Monica's grandson killed not too long ago.

The preview of Monday, with Luke putting the moves on Kiki (!!) ought to be funny, not rage-inducing.
That's what I was thinking, too. The oh he's just a drunk on a bender is stupid enough, but to say that after what he did is inexcusable. Monica could have said something about that, too, like, let's hope he doesn't get behind the wheel and kill someone. Why didn't she? Monica is no doormat.

As for Luke hitting on Kiki--for real? That's sort of sickening to me! But, what would be funny is if Roger Howarth came up and punched his lights out! Like he would in real life, probably.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:07 PM

41,999 posts, read 75,328,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
He had no right to criticize AJ's being a "drunk". Luke's drinking got Monica's grandson killed not too long ago.
Honestly, I think Luke would say this even if he was himself. The character has gone so far off the edge, he's practically worthless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV