Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2009, 12:01 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,935,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
It's a TV show meant to be entertaining....so..yeah it's far fetched.

I'm wondering how the hell they're going to get out of Jail. They crime wasn't committed on their turf and they got busted by cops that aren't in their pockets with illegal weapons....and a lot of them had records. Some of those guys could be going down for a long time.

This is the one part I didn't understand. They knew that there would be a lot of witnesses. Whether or not they were armed doesn't matter. Jax told them cops were probably on the way.....and they still went in!?!?
Me too, and it should be good as long as nothing "super natural" happens (no brazen day time escape, no imaginary legal loophole situation, etc), or too unrealistic. In real life, those dudes were caught in the act with weapons (In California, they have been known to give years based on each bullet after handing out the initial 10 year mandatory sentence), which should equal bond being denied (because of the nature of the crime) and them waiting in jail until trial which would be months/years away, seperated from each other, not in general population, probbaly on 23 hour lockdown, in a federal installation after the RICO case would be re-opened by the feds because of new ongoing criminal acts, and each member would snitch out the next to get reduced sentences and to avoid 30 plus years in the penitary, with them all finding out at the end that Clay was always an infomrant for the Feds, giving them up at each possible turn. No guts, no gory, no fanfare. But I guess that wouldn't make good TV

Last edited by cool rob; 10-15-2009 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2009, 02:42 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
I'm guessing the next episode or two will show the league making sure SOA stays in jail while they set up in town. Trying to change the local police force, city council etc. I wonder if the lawyer guy they are trying to steal land from will be able to help.

Interesting that the Irish may have been negotiating with the league. They probably set the car bomb, which is how Chib knew the sound.

They "had" to go in and retaliate after they were attacked on their home turf. Even the chief knew what was going to "have to happen".

Old 10-15-2009, 02:47 PM

2,722 posts, read 5,472,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
This is the one part I didn't understand. They knew that there would be a lot of witnesses. Whether or not they were armed doesn't matter. Jax told them cops were probably on the way.....and they still went in!?!?

yep I thought that was reeeeally lame also.

Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,237,991 times
Originally Posted by drjones96
Quote:
Isn't that a gang thing?
If they did not retaliate they would be seen as ******* by the other MCs.
I mean they were bombed on their own turf, they could not let that go unanswered.
And the retaliation had to be done quickly, otherwise it would only have been seen as cowardice.
Using witnesses as an excuse to not to retaliate is saying that you respect the law more than you do the MC (or the street).
Besidez they went in expecting another gang and not a church full of civilians.

Last edited by Tricky D; 10-16-2009 at 12:34 AM..

Old 10-16-2009, 07:11 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,472,593 times
They are not a gang, they are a club.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:40 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,124,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
They are not a gang, they are a club.
It's the same premise when it comes to outlaw clubs I believe.

Old 10-16-2009, 10:53 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,270,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by drjones96 Isn't that a gang thing?
If they did not retaliate they would be seen as ******* by the other MCs.
I mean they were bombed on their own turf, they could not let that go unanswered.
And the retaliation had to be done quickly, otherwise it would only have been seen as cowardice.
Using witnesses as an excuse to not to retaliate is saying that you respect the law more than you do the MC (or the street).
Besidez they went in expecting another gang and not a church full of civilians.
Yeah, I mean they had to retaliate but to do it even when they know in advance that the cops are coming? They aren't in the business of going to jail for the fun of it. When they go down the club suffers...and if there is significant footing by the League in Charming....well....they lose the war. There was too much risk and not enough reward for getting their retaliation.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by drjones96
Quote:
They aren't in the business of going to jail for the fun of it. When they go down the club suffers...and if there is significant footing by the League in Charming....well....they lose the war.
True, but you have to remember that they went in having the wrong Intel.
They believed they were going against a League membership drive, right? So they had to send in enough men to compensate for being outnumbered.
The other thing is that they wanted to hurt the League in the exact way that they were hurt, embarrass them by hitting them on their home turf.
And let’s face it, if we compare Zobelle and Clay I'd have to say that Zobelle is a better strategist. Simply because he had planned everything to a T, while Clay has always been as predictable as a shark that has smelled blood.
The only way for the SOA to win the war is either for Clay to change his game or step down and let Jax be the leader.
It literally is evolve or die.

Last edited by Tricky D; 10-16-2009 at 01:57 PM..

Old 10-16-2009, 02:24 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,935,082 times
The league has been baiting SOA for several episodes, as Jax mentioned. They wanted a public retaliation, because they are better connected financially and in the legal system. Maybe some good prison riot next week.

Old 10-16-2009, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Oildog
Quote:
Maybe some good prison riot next week.
I dunno.
Isn't this how Zobelle has always operated, tricking his rivals into jail?
I think it’s up to Opie & the ladies to kidnap Zobelle's daughter to prevent a hostile takeover.
I don't think Gemma would object to mix (club) business with pleasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV