Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,076,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
In April david McCallum signed a two year extention to his contract to stay on at NCIS.
I'm very glad to hear this. I like David McCallum. I remember him from Man from U.N.C.L.E. I know - I'm old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 02:52 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,216,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
I'm very glad to hear this. I like David McCallum. I remember him from Man from U.N.C.L.E. I know - I'm old.
Was one of my fave's as well. But in my mind... I'm not nearly as old, although I remember Sputnik.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:53 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
I don't watch it regularly, but catch it past the season when nothing is on, but he'd my favorite. I think of how much he reminds me of the eminant Mr. Waverly now. It like Illya got older and wiser

I sure wish I still had my complete set of Man from UNCLE novels, especially the David McDaniel ones. I have number 4, the Dagger Affair, but the rest got added to the 'lost in moving' list. Sigh.

I think in the UNCLE tv movie, he *did* play an older Illya who now had Mr. Waverly's job.

Its been said that Ducky had a mysterious past. Hmmm, maybe?

Old 05-17-2012, 03:14 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
In April david McCallum signed a two year extention to his contract to stay on at NCIS.
Quote:
He did? Oh good, maybe someone will find and save him then!

I had such a crush on Illya when I was a kid. See, I'm old too, LL.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:08 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,710,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I too - and I was older than a kid!

In a past episode I got such a kick out of a comment Gibbs made about Ducky. I can't now remember the context but it was in response to a question about Ducky's previous name and Gibbs responded with a straight face, "Ilya Kuryakin". I laughed out loud and wondered how many people understood the reference!

Excellent show and a fantastic series finale.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 PM

2,733 posts, read 1,546,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post

In a past episode I got such a kick out of a comment Gibbs made about Ducky. I can't now remember the context but it was in response to a question about Ducky's previous name and Gibbs responded with a straight face, "Ilya Kuryakin". I laughed out loud and wondered how many people understood the reference!

That was an episode when Kate was still alive. She asked Gibbs what Ducky looked like when he was younger. Gibbs said, "Ilya Kuryakin." I also wondered if most people understood the reference.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:39 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by educator1953 View Post
That was an episode when Kate was still alive. She asked Gibbs what Ducky looked like when he was younger. Gibbs said, "Ilya Kuryakin." I also wondered if most people understood the reference.
I either missed that or do not remember it. LMAO! That's "cool beans".

Old 05-18-2012, 10:31 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,076,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
He did? Oh good, maybe someone will find and save him then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post

Well, I can see I'm in good company. I had a crush on him too. Sigh...

Educator, thanks for the information about that episode. I wish I could have seen that, just for the memories alone! To me, that's terrific dialog/writing.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:59 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,679 times
Quote:
Same here. Open channel D. I don’t consider that “old” though and I have a feeling he'll make it.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:08 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,263,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
Same here. Open channel D. I don’t consider that “old” though and I have a feeling he'll make it.
They really need to have Napolian Solo as a guest star. Imagine the scene, Ducky looks at him, perplexed. Do I know you? he asks. The aged Solo looks as if its just a hint of a memory. "Maybe. But I think a long time ago." Then he excuses himself and goes off to discuss some old case when he was a young agent. Been working the same sort of job for a long time.

Ducky looks thoughfully at him, then gives him a look as if remembering him, but says nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV