Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2009, 11:04 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,962,008 times

Advertisements

I think Lil Rounds is in serious trouble. I think she is GONE after her performance.

They should just crown Adam the champion and Allison the runner up and get it over with. The guy who's wife died (cant remember his name, the glasses guy) blew his load too early in the competition. Now he just sounds like your typical boring church singing guy. Same with Lil. She's another typical contestant who has talent, but can only sing church songs and not popular songs or show that she's and artist. She's gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 11:05 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,485,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
A DVR capacity is only 1 hour?? Or depends on a model?
I don't know. I just put for all the American Idol shows to be recorded and at 1 hour it stopped recording, right before they came back from commericial for Adams performance.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:18 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,101,803 times
Default What are your ratings for tonight's American Idol contestants?

What are your ratings for each of the performances from American Idol?

Danny: I thought he gave a good performance this evening but it wasn't as great as his 2 recent performances, I thought he could've done better on his performance, I give his performance a 7/10

Kris: I liked the song he performed but it was a weak performance, Kris can be really good but tonight he failed to impress me, I give his performance a 4/10

Lil: This girl has a good voice but she doesn't know how to perform the songs and it was too karokee like, I give her performance a 5/10

Anoop: I'm not a big fan of Anoop but tonight he really impressed me with his performance and did a great job, I give his performance a 10/10

Scott: Good performance and I thought his performance was rather underrated, I thought Scott really showed a different side of him in his performance, I give his performance a 8/10

Allison: Great performance and she definitely made the Bonnie Raitt classic sound her own, her performance was IMO just as great as her Motown performance 2 weeks ago, I give her performance a 10/10

Matt: I'm not a big fan of his vocals but he really did a good job performing the Stevie Wonder classic and made it sound his own, this was definitely Matt's best performance yet. 9/10

Adam: Great performance and he did a great job performing the song and it was great seeing a different side of him yet still did a great job with it, I give his performance a 10/10

Old 04-07-2009, 11:33 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,454,385 times
Danny, Anoop, Matt, Kris, Lil, Scott - 3/10

Allison - 9/10

Adam - 25/10

Old 04-08-2009, 01:12 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,847,281 times
Danny: 6/10
Kris: 7/10
Lil: 5/10
Anoop: 8/10
Scott: 7/10
Allison: 7/10
Matt: 5/10
Adam: 5/10

Old 04-08-2009, 01:20 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,847,281 times
I want to know why they always run over. What if every show did that? We'd have a mess. I know I can set my DVR to start or end early or late, and with this show now I always make it record fifteen minutes late. That's overdoing it a bit, but I want to make sure I have everything.

I love Tears for Fears but I didn't know that song Adam did. I wish I did, because I probably would have loved it. It's hard for me to get into a song I've never heard before unless it's absolutely killer.

I was psyched that they were going to do 80s songs, but I was disappointed in what was chosen. Almost the whole show this time was...blah.

Old 04-08-2009, 02:32 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,144,604 times
I thought the blind guy was AWFUL and needs to go. I thought Lil was reallyreally bad and needs to go soon. I obviously don't get Adam. I thought he was terrible.

I think Allison was the best of the night, and I also liked Anoop. The others were okay, nothing special either way for me.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:12 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,539,736 times
Ok...seriously....Scott needs to go....or learn to enunciate. He started out great then.....seriously....Scott needs to go.

And take Lil....sorry, she's pretty and has some pipes, but like another said, a good church singer but....Lil has to go.

Still not a big Matt fan...Anoop did so much better. I hope he keeps it up.

Allison is gonna go far. I'd buy her stuff
I'd buy Danny's.

Adam is a great performer but I doubt I'd buy his stuff.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:14 AM

247 posts, read 688,118 times
I've been so impressed by Alison and thought she was amazing last night. Seems like many on the board like her too, yet she often ends up in bottom 3. She may end up going far by someone deciding to give her a record deal, but it doesn't seem like voters are going to be the ones to keep her around to the end. Hope I'm wrong. I'd listen to just about anything she sings.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:27 AM

5,295 posts, read 5,243,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
I want to know why they always run over. What if every show did that? We'd have a mess. I know I can set my DVR to start or end early or late, and with this show now I always make it record fifteen minutes late. That's overdoing it a bit, but I want to make sure I have everything.

I love Tears for Fears but I didn't know that song Adam did. I wish I did, because I probably would have loved it. It's hard for me to get into a song I've never heard before unless it's absolutely killer.

I was psyched that they were going to do 80s songs, but I was disappointed in what was chosen. Almost the whole show this time was...blah.
It was a Tears for Fears song, but the version he sang was the one done by Gary Jules....youtube "Mad World, Gary Jules" to hear it...it's a much better version of the song than Tears for Fears version.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV