Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 06:58 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
It's not the DVR capacity that's the problem. I run into the same thing on Sunday nights with the Amazing Race when a game runs long before it's aired. Anytime a program goes over time, the DVR is only set to record the one show at the standard time so it doesn't adapt to any change in programming.
I think it's the the cable company. When they know ahead, they usually adjust the time in the programming (like for Lost going until 10:02) and the box records until 10:02 (unless it's manually set to tape until 10:05 or whatever). But when they don't know that GREEDY producers have accepted too many commercials and the show is going to run NINE minutes over, then they can't do a change before hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 07:04 AM

3,872 posts, read 8,712,128 times
I see I'm the only one on this thread who likes Scott, lol. I think as an easy listening artist, he's really great.

I think I'm also the only here who thinks Lil sounds horrible and CAN'T sing.

Last edited by NicoleJ; 04-08-2009 at 07:15 AM..

Old 04-08-2009, 07:06 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trustmeiknow View Post
I want to know why they always run over. What if every show did that? We'd have a mess. I know I can set my DVR to start or end early or late, and with this show now I always make it record fifteen minutes late. That's overdoing it a bit, but I want to make sure I have everything.

I love Tears for Fears but I didn't know that song Adam did. I wish I did, because I probably would have loved it. It's hard for me to get into a song I've never heard before unless it's absolutely killer.

I was psyched that they were going to do 80s songs, but I was disappointed in what was chosen. Almost the whole show this time was...blah.

I am like you and didn't know this song so had nothing to compare it to. When a contestant sings something you know it is easy to say "oh wow, look what they did to make it different" I wasn't able to do this with Adam this time.

I was pretty excited too since there were so many great songs from the 80's they could have chosen. Then to be let down like that, it made me want to forget about American Idol this year, after all it seems like it is almost a given that Adam will win. Why put the rest of the contestants through the rest of the season?

Old 04-08-2009, 07:10 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,280,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali's Grandma View Post
Ok...seriously....Scott needs to go....or learn to enunciate. He started out great then.....seriously....Scott needs to go.

And take Lil....sorry, she's pretty and has some pipes, but like another said, a good church singer but....Lil has to go.

Still not a big Matt fan...Anoop did so much better. I hope he keeps it up.

Allison is gonna go far. I'd buy her stuff
I'd buy Danny's.

Adam is a great performer but I doubt I'd buy his stuff.

I have to say I agree with you on this, I am not quite as mesmerized by Adam as other people. I admit he has an incredible voice and great stage presence but I wouldn't buy his stuff. I don't think he is the best that has ever been on AI, but it's just my opinion.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:35 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
Allison was my pick for last night and Adam's performance wasn't bad but I never heard the song before so I was hoping he would of sang something else. As for Lil Round she was not that good and will probably be in the bottom 3 tonight along with Scott and possibly Anoop.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:44 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,682,213 times
Tears for Fears did Mad World in 1982.....I liked Adam's version better!!

Last edited by shannon94; 04-08-2009 at 08:00 AM..

Old 04-08-2009, 08:31 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,538,808 times
I think Lil and Scott will be the two lowest. I like Lil but she never seems to pick the right song. Don't they have people helping them on picking and arrangment. I think the theme of each week has beenb easy on this hroup. Last week it was whatevert and this week a song from the year they were born. IN past shows they had to sing Barry Manilow, Bee Gees , Beatles. I think that is when you see if the people can sing anything .

Old 04-08-2009, 08:51 AM

107 posts, read 283,577 times
My dvr also cut off and We were upset that we missed Adam, but after watching it just now online, honestly we didnt miss anything.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:01 AM

18,022 posts, read 27,468,060 times
I'll admit that Kris was down quite a bit last night and Matt stepped it up...but was Scott really as good as the some of the judges said and was Kris really that bad?

I'll expect Kris to be in the bottom 3 tonight, but if he gets voted off before Scott, that would be lame.

Lil, I don't know what it is she needs to do to recreate herself and be more original or something... I would really like to see her step up and do well. I would vote Scott off way before her, but we'll see how that goes. I would credit Scott for doing the best he can do though. Once he gets voted off and once Lil steps it up, this can become a fierce competition.

I think Anoop did really well and obviously Alison and Adam have no worries.

Danny Boy... you sure had the judges in your pocket last night. I thought the whole first have of that performance was unbearable to listen to and he only sounds good when he's belting those notes out. I think I finally hear those claims that he's either flat or sharp, usually flat. I can't figure out why the judges slobbered all over him last night, including Simon. The beginning sucked the middle was forgettable, the ending started off better, but went back to suck in the end... performance tilted towards suck. That's what Simon should have said.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:34 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpascal View Post
I've been so impressed by Alison and thought she was amazing last night. Seems like many on the board like her too, yet she often ends up in bottom 3. She may end up going far by someone deciding to give her a record deal, but it doesn't seem like voters are going to be the ones to keep her around to the end. Hope I'm wrong. I'd listen to just about anything she sings.
Simon will save Allison if she's voted out. When she was in the bottom 3 a week or so ago, Simon said she'd be the only one he'd save. I think the last two standing will be Adam and Allison with Adam be chosen as American Idol. I prefer Kris over Anoop and Matt, but he didn't do well last night. Lil and Scott need to be sent home. Adam's smile, quietness and modest answers do remind me of Elvis when he first started. Are any of you old enough to remember Elvis when he appeared on the Ed Sullivan show?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV