Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2012, 10:43 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Okay I may be later to the party...I started watching the Big Bang Theory about 6 months ago....Gosh where have I been...this is actually the first sit com I can watch...Sheldon is awesome!

My favorite so far is when Sheldon moves to Montana.

I always watch the reruns on TBS...
After Sheldon's apartment gets robbed, he decides to find the safest place to live, and moves to Montana. When Sheldon asked someone to help carry his suitcase, the man ran off with it and Sheldon moved back.

hahaha great episode.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2012, 11:06 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
After Sheldon's apartment gets robbed, he decides to find the safest place to live, and moves to Montana. When Sheldon asked someone to help carry his suitcase, the man ran off with it and Sheldon moved back.

hahaha great episode.

Yep! I loved when Sheldon had the map out to research places to move and asked Penny "aren't you from Omaha?" And she said "yes I am" then Sheldon crosses off the state of Nebraska...that was great!

Old 08-01-2012, 12:06 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,083,707 times
I just got into this show last week...I know very late to the party. I was watching Family Guy on TBS and this came on afterwards and I couldn't turn it off. I can't believe I never watched it prior to now. But, it does make for some amazing summer viewing when there's nothing else on. I get to catch up on 5 seasons of awesomness and they're all brand new to me. I've set my DVR to record any episode that's on either TBS or my local FOX stations.

Sheldon is hilarious and the entire cast is just a great ensemble. They each have a great personality and they're all likeable (a difficulty in today's sitcom market).

Can't wait to catch up on all the episodes.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:24 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
Or that producers did that on purpose so the characters can communicate with each other while walking up to their apartments.
If they fixed the elevator just think of all the funny scenes that wouldn't exist: Sheldon recanting the names of the stars and messes up so he walks back up to start over again, the countless falls down the steps, Sheldon and Leonard pushing that huge box up 4 flights of stairs because Leonard is so smitten with Penny and like you said, the communications while walking to their apartments.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:33 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times
I love it...one of my friends knocks on doors like Sheldon...and I never knew why...now I do.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
I love it...one of my friends knocks on doors like Sheldon...and I never knew why...now I do.
He didn't knock like that in the 1st season and I'm so glad they changed it to the way he knocks now lol

Old 08-01-2012, 12:40 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Have we discussed wardrobe yet? Because I just love the t-shirts Sheldon and Leonard wear.

One little detail I like is that Sheldon apparently buys multiple copies of shirts--when he finds a t-shirt slogan he likes you'll see him wearing the same shirt on many episodes but in different colors (especially the man-bot t-shirt, which I've seen him wear in green, blue, and purple). What a Sheldon thing to do! The batman and robin shirts are hilarious.Oh, and the ones with rubik's cubes.

Also love Howard's colorful outfits. You know what, as bizarre as his color choices are are, there's something about his clothing that rings true. It seems believable to me, and I don't always feel that way about sit com wardrobes. I have to wonder if the costume designer actually knew someone who dressed the Wolowitz way.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:55 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Oh, and speaking about Howard's wardrobe, if you want a party game related to the show, get all your friends to look for the alien in Howard's outfit. Is it on his belt buckle? A pin? Part of the design on his shoes? You just know he has an alien somewhere. I don't know why, but he does. Inside joke maybe? Anyway, the first person who spots it when he walks into a scene gets to drink a shot.

Also, look for the gear shift belt buckle. I'm not sure if he has a few different versions or if the stick actually shifts but I'm fairly sure it changes from "drive" to "neutral" or "reverse" depending on his mood.

Old 08-01-2012, 06:23 PM

19,517 posts, read 9,540,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Have we discussed wardrobe yet? Because I just love the t-shirts Sheldon and Leonard wear.

One little detail I like is that Sheldon apparently buys multiple copies of shirts--when he finds a t-shirt slogan he likes you'll see him wearing the same shirt on many episodes but in different colors (especially the man-bot t-shirt, which I've seen him wear in green, blue, and purple). What a Sheldon thing to do! The batman and robin shirts are hilarious.Oh, and the ones with rubik's cubes.

Also love Howard's colorful outfits. You know what, as bizarre as his color choices are are, there's something about his clothing that rings true. It seems believable to me, and I don't always feel that way about sit com wardrobes. I have to wonder if the costume designer actually knew someone who dressed the Wolowitz way.
If you like some of those shirts they wear, check out website
called Cafe Press and you can search by tv or just type BBT, I
think that'll work too. Several sayings, different color tshirts,
and different styles. Every once in a while they run promos.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Oh, and speaking about Howard's wardrobe, if you want a party game related to the show, get all your friends to look for the alien in Howard's outfit. Is it on his belt buckle? A pin? Part of the design on his shoes? You just know he has an alien somewhere. I don't know why, but he does. Inside joke maybe? Anyway, the first person who spots it when he walks into a scene gets to drink a shot.

Also, look for the gear shift belt buckle. I'm not sure if he has a few different versions or if the stick actually shifts but I'm fairly sure it changes from "drive" to "neutral" or "reverse" depending on his mood.
I think the alien items are because of his job and his dream of being an astronaut..you know, the whole "outer space" thing. But his dickies and color co-ordinated outfits just crack me up. When he and Raj went rollerskating...that outfit just killed me LOL

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV