Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2012, 04:36 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,120,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsereed View Post
Sheldon getting sexual with Amy will most likely be its ''jumping the shark'' moment.
If they make it the big story of the season and devote several episodes to it, that would be a sharking jumping mistake. And they need to avoid a wedding--one wedding is enough for this show.

I was thinking this whole Sheldon & Amy have sex plot would be on a single episode (and not even the main plot of the episode), and then maybe referred to from time to time. It's not something they would do a lot, but it's important to see characters grow and mature, and like the moment he held her hand, it's a major event that should happen in Sheldon's life--yet it's not something they'd want to spend too much time on.

To paraphrase Leonard, Sheldon's sex life is like sighting the Loch Ness monster. It's something to watch for, and a sighting for a second or two could be a thrill. But you don't want to think about it too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2012, 04:38 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,802,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
The Manhattan Project episode is probably my absolute favorite but there aren't any episodes I don't like!

Last night on TBS it was the one where Sheldon and Howard debate over the species of the cricket so they decide to bring it to the lab. When they walked in Raj said it was like Silence of the Lambs lol...but my favorite line was Sheldon to Raj: Interesting. You're afraid of insects and women. Ladybugs must render you catatonic.
So witty and shallow. I don't undeartand what people see in this show full of clishes and inhabited by one-dimensional characters...

Old 08-16-2012, 05:46 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,629,238 times
I just finished the first season..I think I may purchase seasons 1-5...I'm seriously addicted to this show. I may watch the first season again due to Howard's aliens....I didn't even notice...I looked at Howard's belt buckle but I can't make out what it is...I thought he wore the Batman logo???

Old 08-16-2012, 06:35 AM

As long as I'm suggesting running plots for the next season, here are some other things I'd do this year:

1. Biggest running plot for the entire season: Bring back Leslie Winkle, but not as a love interest--as Sheldon's work partner. They both need to be assigned to a project that the department thinks is crucial to winning a contract, yet they both think is demeaning (maybe even pointless). Yet, as the year progresses they have some minor successes, leading to moments when they bond and moments when they spat because they're competing for some honor that comes from the project. It would be a very complex up-and-down project for them. And a chance to discuss the reality of jobs you take on due to budget cuts.

2. Second biggest running plot: Raj is told that keeping his job depends on successfully completing a a public speaking class. Or maybe a support group for his shyness. Progress is slow but steady, and involves his friends helping him learn to make speeches on various oddball topics. Other people in the support group have colorful personalities. At the end of the season Raj has to make a make a presentation for his project at work, and a lot hinges on his doing a good job.

3. Bernadette takes a 6-month assignment in another city. Howard visits as often as possible, and she comes out to California when she can. This allows her and Howard time to have jokes about being newlyweds, yet also allows Howard plenty of time with the guys. They can have some fun exploring Bernadette's new city. Maybe a plot involving getting stranded at a bus terminal or a car breaking down. Most of all it allows us to avoid a whole season of Bernadette in the house with mom. That joke's getting a little overdone.

4. Leonard's love life needs to mostly take a break this year. He's had more than enough love stories, so maybe this year he can spend more time with stories about an interesting work assignment. Or, maybe he can develop some financial problems and need to take a temporary part time job as a waiter at Cheesecake Factory. That has some possibilities.

5. Penny will help give Amy a makeover, but other than this they'll play down the "girl time" plots. They were fun but were starting to become a bit much last season, so we need to tone it down this year. Penny needs to start doing an ad series for a local company that includes making a series of embarrassing commercials and also touring local malls doing something mildly foolish.

6. At some point Sheldon will need advice or assistance from Leonard's mom. When he wins some sort of award, she will attend the ceremony, having become interested in his project. That sets up an interesting battle between the two moms, both of whom want Sheldon to do something for the awards ceremony. The awards ceremony is also where the prank is pulled that eventually leads to sex with Amy.

7. Leslie Winkle needs to have a cat that she occasionally needs to bring to the office. Sheldon will say it's "zazzy" which will really annoy her, so he'll call the cat Zazzles just to be a PITA. And it will really annoy her every time he says it! There will be various scenes of Sheldon talking to the cat or doing things with the cat such as putting it in the driver's seat of the robot car.

Last edited by Caladium; 08-16-2012 at 06:45 AM..

Old 08-16-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
I can't see Sheldon getting all gungho on sex and he doesn't usually drink.
True, but he does play pranks that make people want to take revenge. I can see someone playing a revenge prank on him that would involve slipping something into his drink at an awards ceeremony or something like that.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:46 AM

3,987 posts, read 5,023,003 times
Great ideas, Caladium!!

First, Sheldon has been "drunk" twice, I believe. Once when he accepted the academic award and ended up showing the audience "Uranus"...hehe THe second time, he was at the cheesecake factory and ended up singing and playing on the keyboard in the bar. I don't think there were other times...

Did anyone see one of the episodes last night that had Leonard's mother getting drunk? She ended up at Sheldon's apt. and planted a big wet one on Sheldon's mouth. Poor thing was so stunned...cut to commercial.

Yea, I don't want to see anymore weddings and I don't want them to become too outlandish. I don't agree with the poster who says the characters are one-dimensional. I think one would have to watch many shows to determine the depth...but also remember, this is a COMEDY. Too much "seriousness" would turn it into a different show.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:24 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,151,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
So witty and shallow. I don't undeartand what people see in this show full of clishes and inhabited by one-dimensional characters...

it's CLICHE's not CLICHES

Old 08-16-2012, 10:10 AM

4,066 posts, read 5,655,036 times
Chiches instead of clishes. Although I'm omitting the accent mark over the e that is sometimes used.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:41 AM

12,526 posts, read 17,572,449 times
cliché or cliche

Old 08-16-2012, 10:55 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,254,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post

I'm sorry, but I don't UNDERSTAND the point of your post . Apparently every other show on TV is NOT inhabited by one-dimensional characters (yawn).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV