Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 10:07 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,676,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
I thought BSG was a very good drama, great plot twists and I was really interested in what would happen to the characters, and how it would all end. Caprica however, just isn't doing it. I do agree on the life is suffering analysis. How ironic if we found alien life and they were worse off than we are.
I see it as just a society that is self indulgent, see how Zoe talks to her parents in the flashbacks? You have it all but it is still hollow.
I am enjoying how the different races are from planets, so you see lots of different types of people identify themselves by their planet of origin.
In the meantime we can see Boomer on Five-O I keep waiting for her to jump into a Raptor. LOL!
Just hoping to see some Cylons soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2010, 07:00 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
I agree with the lack of anything else on
I do enjoy the idea of a society that is just so self absorbed that they have no idea what is around the corner. (sound familiar?) The issue of the teenager anger is a difficult hurdle for me to be the basis of the end of the colonies but now that it is more focused on Greystone I can see grief driving you to be come a Dr. Frankenstein.
I like the Adama family scenes, shows where the old man got his moxie.
They are both going in darker places than I expected. I guess the description of Adama's dad being a lawyer didn't make me think he'd get as deep into the mob as he has gotten. Before he was just their lawyer now he seems to be pretty thoroughly mobbed up. Graystone has also really went in a downward spiral, what he did to that one guy was just vicious. (Although if said guy abused under-aged hookers, as I think they indicated, that numbs the pity for him a bit.)

Old 10-27-2010, 09:26 AM

anyone watching?

Finally a cylon..."by your command"

Old 10-27-2010, 01:16 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,077 times
I can't get interested enough in it to follow it. The first ten eps kept my interest, but now it's just a soap opera to me.

I feel cheated; I want BSG back.

Old 10-27-2010, 04:13 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt-7 View Post
anyone watching?

Finally a cylon..."by your command"
Yeah that was nice. There's talk though that they might dump this series in favor of one set during the First Cylon War. They're thinking the lack of space battles, or space action of any kind, might be why the ratings are fairly low.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:51 PM

1,385 posts, read 2,454,744 times
Caprica has been cancelled!

Why do I always think the shows I like will stick around? After so many good sci-fi shows biting the dust, I am reluctant to even start watching something new.

Old 10-27-2010, 10:25 PM

783 posts, read 2,258,077 times
Good. I'm looking forward to the next go at it. Caprica was a great example of producers trying to give an audience what they thought the audience should want rather than what the audience really wants. If I want to be preached to, I'll go to church.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Caprica is one of those shows where you are always waiting for something to happen and it never does,While the acting may have been adequate if you are going to give me sci-fi i dont really care about poignant drama i wanna see space ships and aliens. Caprica canceled?good riddance. Lets have some real Sci-Fi for a change, how about a new Star Trek series?

Old 10-28-2010, 09:06 AM

Yes my FB says it is going away
Really, Tuesday has to be the worse day LOL!! Hard to get fired up to watch it.
Well I am still interested in how the "old man" incorporated his shady family past with the leader he became.
I hope the new show will still continue to tie up loose ends. IMO the entire teenager/angry/so I am gonna make an avatar idea was no so bright.
Interesting how folks became more interested in it than life (v-world) Not too far off the mark folks...
I keep waiting for Polly to call in some gladiators...LOL!
I loved her in "Rome"

Old 10-28-2010, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Caprica was one of those shows where you are always waiting for something to happen and it never does, canceled?good riddance. Lets have some real Sci-Fi for a change, how about a new Star Trek series?
I am down for that!!
BSG battle scenes were the best, anything new needs to remember that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV