Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 11:14 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,127,278 times

Advertisements

Maybe she wants to compete.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 12:25 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,258,578 times
I'm also against the masses and am sorry Paula is leaving and Kara will continue as a judge. I'm sick of Randy's repetitive comments also. I've heard rumors Paula might go over to SYTYCD. It was an insult to Paula signing Seacrest to a $45-million dollar contract. He's not that funny. Even if Paula supporters and Adam's fans leave the show, the audience so far outnumbers the competition, it won't go off the air. Simon's contract is up next year and if he doesn't renegotiate, that might be the end of the show. He's made comments the frequent trips across the ocean are getting tiresome.

Last edited by tigerlily; 08-05-2009 at 01:07 PM.. Reason: added sentence

Old 08-05-2009, 12:52 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,194,708 times
I'm sorry that Paula is leaving, because the most entertaining parts of the show were when Simon & Paula would have their arguments. Paula tried too hard to be nice to the contestants, but she didn't bother me. Kara, a quite respectable and knowledgeable judge, was probably regarded by her as a rival. I agree that Seacrest isn't worth $45 million!

Old 08-05-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
I'm sorry that Paula is leaving, because the most entertaining parts of the show were when Simon & Paula would have their arguments. Paula tried too hard to be nice to the contestants, but she didn't bother me. Kara, a quite respectable and knowledgeable judge, was probably regarded by her as a rival. I agree that Seacrest isn't worth $45 million!
Even when Paula and Simon argued it was in good fun. Watch for the fireworks between Kara and Simon this season. I think that's for real. Some of the contestants have chimed in that it was nice that Paula had something nice to say about everyone even if it was only a compliment about clothing.

Old 08-05-2009, 01:46 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,441,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Im thinking high fives and drinks are in order. I hated her on the show. She's not a judge, she's either a fan of the contestants or she has an inability to actually critique them the way Simon, Randy and Kara do.

Glad she's gone. As Ive said before, there can be a one legged, retarded monkey on stage blowing a kazoo out of his a$$ and she'd say "you look gorgeous, you're true to yourself, and I applaud you.....blah blah blah". God I cant stand her.
What have you got against Ryan Seacrest?

J/K - and FWIW, Kara sucks. Paula was a space cadet occasionally, granted, but Kara is pathetic. Paula's ramblings were part of the success of this show.

I think it would be totally cool if Paula switched to SYTYCD - she got her start in Hollywood as a choreographer, hand picked by The Jacksons when she was still a Laker girl. She's done a lot of choreography work for movies, for Janet Jackson during her "Control" period, before she ever started singing. I think a lot of people only see a drug addled has been; I see a woman with a lot of talent who did much of her best work behind the scenes.

And I hope SYTYCD pays her what she's worth - I think it's pathetic that the AI producers think Seacrest is worth $45 million to Paula's $10 million. That's a slap in the face if I ever saw one - good on you Paula!

Old 08-05-2009, 05:37 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,902,628 times
This show is still on???

Oy vey

Old 08-05-2009, 05:39 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,863,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
What have you got against Ryan Seacrest?

J/K - and FWIW, Kara sucks. Paula was a space cadet occasionally, granted, but Kara is pathetic. Paula's ramblings were part of the success of this show.

I think it would be totally cool if Paula switched to SYTYCD - she got her start in Hollywood as a choreographer, hand picked by The Jacksons when she was still a Laker girl. She's done a lot of choreography work for movies, for Janet Jackson during her "Control" period, before she ever started singing. I think a lot of people only see a drug addled has been; I see a woman with a lot of talent who did much of her best work behind the scenes.

And I hope SYTYCD pays her what she's worth - I think it's pathetic that the AI producers think Seacrest is worth $45 million to Paula's $10 million. That's a slap in the face if I ever saw one - good on you Paula!
OMG keep her far way from SYTYCD! We already have a lunatic on that show (Mary Murphy) we don't need another one.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:50 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,192,306 times
I'm not surprised. The salary offer they made to her is a joke compared to whats-his-name snarky british guy and whats-his-name host guy. And the new woman judge is not very interesting. Paula was an essential part of the appeal of the show. (Sorry, I don't watch or remember the names, but I live in a place where popular culture is pretty hard to avoid AI provides a lot of material for print, media and on line coverage.) I think the show is about to go over the cliff.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
OMG keep her far way from SYTYCD! We already have a lunatic on that show (Mary Murphy) we don't need another one.
You mean Mia, don't you? LOL. Sorry, I like Mary. I love watching the kids' faces when Mary puts them on the train.

Old 08-05-2009, 06:15 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,456,019 times
She'll be back. They will reach an agreement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV