Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2009, 08:51 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,816,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
No Tina was the first in the 2nd season she flew under the radar the whole game.

I disagree I think 2nd season Colby was the best survivor player. He won most of the challenges, very social and honest and got out voted with the jury in the end because they were upset he was a strong player. He just laid the outline to show that good guys very rarely win Survivor.

No way!!! hate him for the way he acted on the show if you want to, but he is by far the best player survivor has had, not the nicest, not the prettiest, but definately in there for the game more so than anyone.

Name 1 other player that even LOOKED for a hidden immunity idol with no clues!!! Russell found 2! he found the 3rd with 1 clue! I think he did a good job on the outwit, outlast, outplay than anyone ever has.

I think they have covered it plenty that his mistake was forgetting the human part of the game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2009, 09:23 AM

2,303 posts, read 5,680,497 times
I hate that I didn't think to record Nat and Russ on The Morning Show. It would've been nice to hear their commentary after having a little time to digest last night. I'm sure Russell is going to have a hard time swallowing this down. It just comes to show that you don't know what the jury has in mind--whether they're voting based on merit or personally. I just came around to liking Russell's game play within the past two weeks or so, but I still don't like how dirty he was. He could've been a little less damaging to his camp. Pouring everyone's water out was a bit harsh.

I was confused as to how Natalie could win that many votes, but after reading some of the comments, I guess I understand better now. I wish my boyfriend could have at least gotten one vote, but I guess he was worthless. I love how Jaison called them out with their financial situations. There really weren't many people who needed that money, considering their backgrounds. I know that has nothing to do with the actual game though, so I won't expand on that.

I can't wait to see the new season. I didn't start watching Survivor until about 2 or 3 years ago--I think Cook Islands was my first season. It'll be great to see some of the legends my bf tells me about. I really don't think Russell will last long in the new season. I think his viciousness has been exposed and these folks have probably been doing their Survivor homework. I'm going for the Heroes already, LOL

Actually, I stand corrected: I read somewhere where it says that filming for the Heroes vs. Villains season occurred in August and September. I guess they didn't get a chance to "read" Russell, but who knows?

Oh, to whoever asked about that question from Brett to Mick. I guess Brett didn't get his opportunity to snuggle up enough with Mick on the show, huh? They'd make such a cute couple, LOL

Old 12-21-2009, 09:31 AM

332 posts, read 772,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I disagree I think 2nd season Colby was the best survivor player. He won most of the challenges, very social and honest and got out voted with the jury in the end because they were upset he was a strong player. He just laid the outline to show that good guys very rarely win Survivor.
I don't think Colby should even be in the conversation because he made a huge blunder by taking Tina to the finals instead of Keith.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:40 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
No way!!! hate him for the way he acted on the show if you want to, but he is by far the best player survivor has had, not the nicest, not the prettiest, but definately in there for the game more so than anyone.

Name 1 other player that even LOOKED for a hidden immunity idol with no clues!!! Russell found 2! he found the 3rd with 1 clue! I think he did a good job on the outwit, outlast, outplay than anyone ever has.

I think they have covered it plenty that his mistake was forgetting the human part of the game.
Yes but the social part is a huge chunk of the show he didn't have any. I prefer the Colby types or JTs that are decent, strong at challenges and gets along with many.

Russell in my book is the most clever to bull dog around looking for the idols especially right in front of their faces pretty much.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:40 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,015,823 times
I forgot to mention Jeffs' comment; "The dumbass girl alliance, just beat your ass.".
Natalie should've turned to Russell and asked, "Who came in second?".
It looked like he was fuming the whole time. I bet he is like that in real life.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:47 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,190,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user376 View Post
I don't think Colby should even be in the conversation because he made a huge blunder by taking Tina to the finals instead of Keith.
OK first off Colby was "my man" before Dimples so I'm biased because he did get robbed. You are right he should have never taken Tina.

IBFT You can have Mick after the last 2 epis I have dreaded me saying I wanted him to win. He was about as dull as a butter knife and showed no passion why he wanted to win. Others must of felt that way too since he didn't get any votes.

Creekcat that was sweet when Dimples said.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:35 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
I knew he was going to lose when the editors chose to put his arrogant voice-overs in during their walk to the final tribal council in front of the jury.

Shambo was one of his votes; does anyone know who the other person who voted for him to win was?

I surprised myself when I found myself rooting for him against Brett.

But. . . Eric was right about Natalie, she actually had a strategy and played that strategy throughout the game. She watched who the group was voting off and modeled herself the opposite of them. She watched who was willing to put himself out there as the puppet-master and in spite of his obvious contempt for women, managed to charm him into aligning herself with him. She may not have been shown strategizing these things, but she certainly did so.

She was also the one who orchestrated Eric's ouster, which was the catalyst to the stunning crumbling of the Galu tribe. And in the lead-up to the final challenge, when Russell told her it was her on the chopping block if Brett won immunity, she used her smarts and wiles to get Russell to get rid of Jaison.

She may not have sussed out hidden idols without clues, but she sussed out people by paying attention to clues from them. And in the end, she played Russell to snatch the million dollars from him! That alone makes her the better player and deserving of the win.

Congratulations, Natalie.

Go suck an egg Russhole!

Old 12-21-2009, 11:23 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
The name of the game is to outwit, out smart, outlast; and Russell outwitted and out smarted himself with his arrogant condescending self centered attitude.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:27 AM

8,982 posts, read 21,171,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICS67 View Post
Guess I missed the episode where American Samoa was legally incorporated into northern Virginia.
You have a good point. It's also interesting how this brought out a bunch of new posters. Nonetheless, this thread would be more appropriate in the Entertainment forum under the TV sub-forum.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:31 AM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
Even though Russell played the best game, he shot himself in the foot with his arrogant condescending attitude and that was his demise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV