Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 05:52 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,816,761 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I'll admit that I've softened my opinion of Russell as a Survivor player overall, but I will never soften my opinion of him as a human being, given that he showed no shame in capitalizing on the deaths of 1,000 people and the suffering of tens of thousands more, by falsely claiming to be a victim of hurricane Katrina. He may be an entertaining reality show personality, but he's scum as a person.

Why care so much? It's just a game for C's Sake!!!! He went in and is playing a game!!! I would do the same thing for a million bucks haha!!!

nothing he says, nothing he does, will change what happened to the victims of Katrina, wether or not Russel, or you, or I, tell the most outragous lie we can think of, it changes nothing about what happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 06:28 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
I think some of Russholes comments and actions reveal a general lack of character and integrity. It may be a game but, games have rules and sportsmanship. Russell's approach seems not to be "may the best man win" but "let me destroy the rest so that I'm the only one left standing." It's the difference that makes Yao's bit of trickery creating a fake idol clever whereas Russell comes across as despicable and draconian. Or, for a more extreme example, the difference between "the rules of war" vs terrorism/guerrilla warfare. IMO

Old 11-20-2009, 06:59 AM

7,369 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Russell isn't the first person to play the game with deceit. Remember Johnny Fairplay and the dead Grandmother? I don't want him to win and I don't like him but I admire the way he is playing the game.
I am loving the tribal councils, the blindsides and the facial expressions of Erik on the jury. This season started out meh, but now I can't wait to watch every week.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:04 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
Why care so much? It's just a game for C's Sake!!!! He went in and is playing a game!!! I would do the same thing for a million bucks haha!!!
Oh yes, it is a game. I believe the true character of the contestant comes out because it is a survival game.

Russell's character is hooverville. It sucks.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:48 AM

2,905 posts, read 7,350,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
My vote for most clueless person, still in the game
Spoiler
Dave, he looks so lost at each tribal vote.

I don't think we can really say he's "clueless", compared to anyone else, considering how half of them have not had ANY idea what's been going on at tribal until it happens. Dave just makes more exaggerated facial expressions then everyone else. (Well, that would be except Eric, who looks like he wants to jump out of his seat!)

Old 11-20-2009, 07:54 AM

332 posts, read 772,831 times
Does anyone else think that John's flip was stupid and short-sighted? He's at the bottom of the Foa Foa alliance now, and all of Galu will despise him (except for Eric). Yes, in the short term, he had a 14% chance of drawing the rock if he doesn't flip, but in the long term, this move does nothing for him.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,417,496 times
The "other" team was back at camp when the winners of the challenge went off to the Island. Why didn't they start looking for the idol Instead they waited for Russell to return and follow him around.

I'm not a Russell fan but he seems to be the only one playing the game.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:58 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,596,004 times
I think John made a reasonable decision. He's safe and he has some credibility with the more powerful tribe now. If he'd survived the rock pick Russell would have him in his sites even earlier for elimination.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I think John made a reasonable decision. He's safe and he has some credibility with the more powerful tribe now. If he'd survived the rock pick Russell would have him in his sites even earlier for elimination.
What does credibility matter? Foa Foa can just dump him whenever they want, he's of no use to them now. His only chance is to convince Foa Foa to take him to the end because the jury would never vote for him.

Had they done the rock pick, whatever Russell wanted wouldn't much matter. Whichever faction came out with the numbers would just pick the other faction off one by one.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
The "other" team was back at camp when the winners of the challenge went off to the Island. Why didn't they start looking for the idol Instead they waited for Russell to return and follow him around.

I'm not a Russell fan but he seems to be the only one playing the game.
Just because they didn't show it doesn't mean they weren't looking for it. I don't know if they did or didn't, but I doubt the editors would have included a fruitless search for the idol in this situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV