Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2011, 09:26 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times

Advertisements

I stopped watching Oprah several years ago when she lost touch with her viewers. But in an odd twist of fate I saw the last 30 minutes of Chaz/Chastity Bono. It was a good show. Too bad Cher didn't come on, though.

I'm glad this thread was started. Say what I will, Oprah is an institution and I believe her last show will be May 25. These are the last days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2011, 07:06 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Yes, I saw it also. Chaz is very likeable though, and no one really can understand what runs through another persons mind. The girlfriend looked very nice and seemed intelligent, as is Chaz as well.
I think Chaz spoke well and was interesting to listen to. As a parent i am sure it is difficult especially Cher who is a public figure.....but Chaz seems well loved and happy now, and who are we to judge anyone.

as far as Oprah, I am not that crazy about her. Seeing the first interviews she seems to me like she had a chip on her shoulder or something that I quite cannot place, but I guess being a "reporter" that's all it is, is about the story.......

I am glad Oprah is going off the air, but if she said "OWN: one more time, I felt like slapping her, it was annoying, and yes O, we know you OWN a network........ugh !

Old 05-10-2011, 07:11 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
I have never seen one Oprah show. She never was of interest to me.

Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

In 25 years, never once? How can that be possible????
I feel like any time i ever put the TV on, or computer or anything, her ugly ass face always seems to pop up somewhere?

boy, I wish i was you !!!

Old 05-10-2011, 10:58 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
And you made a special trip onto this thread to tell us this? Well, if it somehow made you feel better I imagine it was worth it.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:22 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:

I love that A-Lexus!!! And well of course you have every right to pop in and let your friends here know that fact about you. But then you've been a member here long enough to know you had that right..........

Old 05-10-2011, 01:15 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Oprah is a living testament that anything is possible in America.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:26 PM

430 posts, read 1,694,959 times
I've enjoyed watching Oprah over the years and hope the OWN network improves (I think she started it too early, doesn't have enough programming yet and plays way too many reruns and other networks' shows). I respect that she's one of the most powerful people in the world and almost everything she touches turns to gold. Get to plug your book or product on Oprah? Then suddenly you're raking in the millions too.

I think Chaz seems to be a very likeable, calm person. I worry that after he has waited all these years to be in the body he wants, now he'll die early from an obesity-related disease.

Old 05-10-2011, 02:28 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,565,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Oprah is a living testament that anything is possible in America.
this is so true

Old 05-11-2011, 11:52 AM

5,581 posts, read 6,508,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fields of Green View Post
I think Chaz seems to be a very likeable, calm person. I worry that after he has waited all these years to be in the body he wants, now he'll die early from an obesity-related disease.
How did he get so heavy? I remember seeing Chastity many years ago when she thought she was a lesbian, and she was very masculine and heavy even then. I would suspect all the hormones and medications he is taking for his transition, but like I said, he was heavy during his lesbian years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV