Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2011, 09:15 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
The "unseen moments" show is airing right now and it turns out that Chelsea -- she of the doesn't-work-hasn't-finished-high-school-drives-her-own-car-all-living-expenses-paid-by-daddy -- is on MEDICAID.

I'm sorry, but that really makes me angry. I'm all for helping people who really need it, but this spoiled brat DOESN'T need it, as far as I'm concerned. What she DOES need is to get off her butt and GET A JOB.
You forgot to mention her dayglo tan & horrible hair highlights.
I didn't see the show.
Really? She is on medicaid?
That is wrong. And shame on her parents, also, for permitting it, but her parents had to sign paperwork since she is a minor.

Endless cycles that never stop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2011, 09:44 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark of the Moon View Post
The "unseen moments" show is airing right now and it turns out that Chelsea -- she of the doesn't-work-hasn't-finished-high-school-drives-her-own-car-all-living-expenses-paid-by-daddy -- is on MEDICAID.

I'm sorry, but that really makes me angry. I'm all for helping people who really need it, but this spoiled brat DOESN'T need it, as far as I'm concerned. What she DOES need is to get off her butt and GET A JOB.
The father will pay for her to live alone; which IMO is a waste of money; especially when he has his own house & room for her & the baby... Anyway; my hub looked at his policy a few months ago; he's able to add my adult son (26) on his policy if he wanted/needed to. My son is not his kid. My daughter (not his kid) is on my hubs as secondary.

Why won't Chelsea's dad keep her on his policy? I also was amazed to hear it.

Old 04-16-2011, 11:07 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,561,054 times
I watched the extra footage yesterday; I wish they would have included some of it in the show.

My heart broke for Leah when she & Corey were arguing about him not helping more with the girls.

The footage of Kailyn & Joe's dad was good too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxgrrl View Post
What upset me worse was Jenelle and her loser BF going to get free food at a food pantry. And then Jenelle was very picky about what food she wanted to get. These two had money to buy drugs but not food? Yes, the system is definately flawed!
I thought it was Kiefer that was being picky?
Jenelle has money to buy gas; she also had money for a battery; tow truck & tire. I swear I wanted to slap Kiefer when the tire blew. I hope he is out of the picture for good.

Old 04-18-2011, 04:39 PM

303 posts, read 603,792 times

'Teen Mom 2' Star Leah Messer Files for Divorce | PopEater.com

Old 04-21-2011, 11:12 AM

862 posts, read 1,643,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
Due to the new health care law that is no longer the case. I'm a married woman with kids and my dad called me during the open enrollment for his health insurance company asking me if our health insurance was any good and if I wanted to be added to his insurance since I'm 26. I said no thanks, our insurance is pretty decent. But my dad now has my brothers who are 24 and 20, my sister who is 22, and 3 of my step siblings on his health insurance.

Because of the new laws any children, no matter the circumstance, can be insured up until 26 (even though I think it's technically until you turn 27, but not sure on that) on their parents policies.
But was that law in effect when Aubry was born? If not, Chelsea was probably already on Medicaid when the law came into effect. And hey, why put Chelsea back on your insurance when she's getting it free?

Old 04-22-2011, 08:53 AM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
But was that law in effect when Aubry was born? If not, Chelsea was probably already on Medicaid when the law came into effect. And hey, why put Chelsea back on your insurance when she's getting it free?
The new law went into affect Jan. 1, 2011 so Aubry was already born.

I wonder if Chelsea's dad is a business owner of some kind and doesn't actually have insurance. It's clear that he's very financially stable, so it's possible that he doesn't have health insurance at all.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:21 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
The new law went into affect Jan. 1, 2011 so Aubry was already born.

I wonder if Chelsea's dad is a business owner of some kind and doesn't actually have insurance. It's clear that he's very financially stable, so it's possible that he doesn't have health insurance at all.
If Aubrey needs to be admitted to the hospital, that bill will quickly go into the thousands.
Being financially stable does not mean not to have health insurance.
A wellness check plus shots costs about $300-$600 out of pocket. Within her 1st yr, she had at least 6-8 checkups.
A lot of flash doesn't mean there is a lot of cash.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:14 PM

2,609 posts, read 4,360,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
If Aubrey needs to be admitted to the hospital, that bill will quickly go into the thousands.
Being financially stable does not mean not to have health insurance.
A wellness check plus shots costs about $300-$600 out of pocket. Within her 1st yr, she had at least 6-8 checkups.
A lot of flash doesn't mean there is a lot of cash.
Ya, but he pays her rent, paid for her car, can pay for Adam to have a truck, paid for a short notice trip for her to go see Lady Gaga with 2 of her friends (including hotel room), has a massive house, etc.

If he doesn't actually have money, he sure likes to pretend he does. But I'm siding with he has money.

Before Chelsea got pregnant it might have actually been more cost effective for their family to not have insurance. If he owns his own business or doesn't have benefits through employment a premium could easily run him over $20,000 a year. They probably rarely visited the doctor, so they probably just paid cash for medical care. It would've been cheaper for them, especially since most hospitals and doctors offices charge you less if they know you're paying cash and have no insurance.

Now though, Chelsea and Aubry have their own place so she qualifies for Medicaid because, despite the fact that her dad is supporting her, he doesn't reside with her so she doesn't have to count the money he makes when applying for services. I don't agree with this at all... but she can do it.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:59 PM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
This is trash TV at it's finest. It is discusting to think that any public money goes to supporting anyone of these baffoons. They should be steralized so they can't reproduce more idiots!

Old 04-26-2011, 09:57 PM

323 posts, read 788,371 times
I think that Chelsea's dad is a dentist.. So he probably has his own practice, I'm guessing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV