Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2010, 10:49 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
If CPS was watching Sophia wouldn't be with Farrah.
come on now-Farrah isn't as bad as you portray her to be. I haven't seen her drinking or smoking around her. Their apartment is clean ( unlike Amber and Gary's---ewwwwwww,,,,,,,,,,,,nasty!!)
Posters are going on and on about Sophia falling off the bed. That was not a big deal. She's a year old,the bed isn't that high and the floor is carpeted. I would worrry more about her falling from the counters or crawling out onto their balcony. Farrah is young and makes some mistakes but I've not seen her do anything outright unfit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 12:41 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
come on now-Farrah isn't as bad as you portray her to be. I haven't seen her drinking or smoking around her. Their apartment is clean ( unlike Amber and Gary's---ewwwwwww,,,,,,,,,,,,nasty!!)
Posters are going on and on about Sophia falling off the bed. That was not a big deal. She's a year old,the bed isn't that high and the floor is carpeted. I would worrry more about her falling from the counters or crawling out onto their balcony. Farrah is young and makes some mistakes but I've not seen her do anything outright unfit.
People get their children taken away for anything these days. I wouldn't say Farrah is an abusive parent; I think she just doesn't think. Already in this season she's

~ left Sophia on the floor in the dark in a strange place
~ left alone in the sink where she burned herself
~ let her fall off the bed

I know she's young but by this stage in the game she needs to be a little more conscious of the things she does where Sophia is concerned.

Old 09-02-2010, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
People get their children taken away for anything these days. I wouldn't say Farrah is an abusive parent; I think she just doesn't think. Already in this season she's

I know she's young but by this stage in the game she needs to be a little more conscious of the things she does where Sophia is concerned.
uh huh-she will probably look back later and think, "I can't believe I did this or didn't do that".
But I worry lots more about the well being of Amber's daughter. Amber is so hostile and loud and screams and curses. The place they live is disgusting. I can't understand people who don't clean; I don't get it and consider such people lazy slobs. If they can't clean up the place the call home they can't have much concern for much else.

Old 09-03-2010, 01:13 PM

Default Amber on 16 and Pregnant

caught the Amber/Gary episode of 16 and Pregnant early this morning. I had never seen it but have wondered often where Amber's mom is. I thought she had died. Well she was on the episode that first introduced Amber. Amber's brother,Sean was on it also. He was a soldier stationed in Iraq. Neither have been mentioned on Teen Mom. Amber's mom was not nice to Gary or his mother and she was quite upset about the pregnancy and very angry at Gary's mom.
Amber was a calmer and more gentle person prior to giving birth. I seriously think she has no maternal instincts and blames the child for everything she considers wrong in her life. Some people are not meant to be parents even if they are capable of having a child.

Old 09-05-2010, 09:46 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,172,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickntired1968 View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but why didn't the camera crew stop Farrah from leaving her baby alone on the bed. I hope this was just a scene that was set up to what could happen if you leave a baby on the bed alone because this would be tragic if no one stopped Farrah from doing that. There has to be something wrong with Farrah...she has a "flat" effect to her. Her tone of voice doesn't change, her facial expressions don't change either. Could it be more than just being stuck up?
I've not watched a lot of reality tv on MTV in a long time, but the only time I can remember the crew getting involved was in Real World Honolulu when Ruthie was driving after drinking heavily. They basically got her to pull over and said they'd call the cops if she didn't let someone else drive if I remember correctly.

More specifically on the issue if I remember correctly they did not interfere on Real World Boston when some cast members allowed preteens a cup or some sips of wine (perhaps not really dangerous to the kids but illegal and not approved by the kids' parents) although they may have informed the YMCA or whoever the cast members were working for about the incident which resulted in those responsible being cut off from interacting with the kids. The point being that unless you're pretty clearly doing something illegal as well as threatening to other people the staff doesn't seem to step in.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:42 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,022,258 times
Quote:

Then you must be watching a totally different show.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

I agree that she's not abusive, she's just stupid.

She doesn't think past her powdered nose.

It's all poor Farrah, my mother is a such a crazy loon, and I'm too stupid to realize that I'm being scammed on Craigslist, I'm too stupid to know that leaving a baby in a sink is wrong, I'm so stupid I don't know to write out a check and maybe if I give the world my fake tears they will feel sorry for me. Nope~ the only one I feel sorry for is that baby.

Farrah needs to grow up and pay attention to what she's doing and she needs to quite blaming EVERYONE else for HER problems.

Old 09-06-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Then you must be watching a totally different show.
NO, I'm watching the same show as you but am I supposed to just agree with you?
Quote:
I agree that she's not abusive, she's just stupid.

She doesn't think past her powdered nose.

It's all poor Farrah, my mother is a such a crazy loon, and I'm too stupid to realize that I'm being scammed on Craigslist, I'm too stupid to know that leaving a baby in a sink is wrong, I'm so stupid I don't know to write out a check and maybe if I give the world my fake tears they will feel sorry for me. Nope~ the only one I feel sorry for is that baby.

Farrah needs to grow up and pay attention to what she's doing and she needs to quite blaming EVERYONE else for HER problems.
Wow, much hatred for Farrah.............weird

Old 09-06-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
NO, I'm watching the same show as you but am I supposed to just agree with you?

Wow, much hatred for Farrah.............weird

Hatred? No. I hate no one. What I feel for her is sorrow.

I don't care if you agree with me or not. She is an unfit mother who needs a lot of help.

Old 09-06-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Hatred? No. I hate no one. What I feel for her is sorrow.

I don't care if you agree with me or not. She is an unfit mother who needs a lot of help.

why single Farrah out?
Theres a whole lotta unfit parenting going on on this show.
Amber is much worse than Farrah on every level........IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV