Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2010, 06:02 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,426,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
Hatred? No. I hate no one. What I feel for her is sorrow.

I don't care if you agree with me or not. She is an unfit mother who needs a lot of help.
She is far from being an unfit mother Being a little extreme aren't you. She is just like ANY new mom, regardless of age- she is learning how to take care of a child- you kind of learn as you go at some points along the way.

She doesn't abuse her daughter, she is clothed, fed, has a roof over he head and obviously loves Sofia very much. Why do you hate the girl so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2010, 06:33 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,483 times
I finally got around to watching last weeks episode.

Farrah could not have been more disinterested in the speed dating thing - not that I think the guys she was meeting were particularly spectacular catches.

I feel awful for Catelyn - her family situation is horrible.

Amber - Granted I did not have to struggle through high school or a child when I was in my teens. So maybe I am being a little harsh. But does one really need to take a month off from a part time job to study for the GED? I do feel for her a little because it seems that she has maybe always struggled academically, and now she is stuck. Toward the end they have Amber's voice over saying how she put her education on hold after she had Leah, but I thought in the first season it was mentioned that she had dropped out of high school before she was pregnant.

Old 09-06-2010, 06:37 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Amber is much worse than Farrah on every level........IMHO.
I agree...

Old 09-06-2010, 07:10 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post
Farrah could not have been more disinterested in the speed dating thing - not that I think the guys she was meeting were particularly spectacular catches.
LOL I noticed that too. I don't know why she even bothered it was so clear she didn't want to be there. I guess she just wanted to see what was out there. I thought it was a little odd when she said to her friend "I'm glad you got a chance to see what I go through everyday" or something similar. Unless she was giving some birth control advice I didn't understand the reason for that comment

Quote:
Amber - Granted I did not have to struggle through high school or a child when I was in my teens. So maybe I am being a little harsh. But does one really need to take a month off from a part time job to study for the GED? I do feel for her a little because it seems that she has maybe always struggled academically, and now she is stuck. Toward the end they have Amber's voice over saying how she put her education on hold after she had Leah, but I thought in the first season it was mentioned that she had dropped out of high school before she was pregnant.
But she had time to go on vacation to Florida. Amber is lazy, not too bright and full of excuses. The baby has to sleep sometime....why not use that time to study since it's clear you're not using it to clean up? Oh that's right...that's the time you use to have unprotected sex with Gary or yell at him. She needs serious help.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:19 AM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
LOL I noticed that too. I don't know why she even bothered it was so clear she didn't want to be there. I guess she just wanted to see what was out there.
Heh. My favorite line was when one of the guys asked what she liked to do and her answer was tanning. LOL. Although if I were in her position - especially with the second guy who was super creepy, I would probably have been as disinterested as possible too.

Quote:
I thought it was a little odd when she said to her friend "I'm glad you got a chance to see what I go through everyday" or something similar. Unless she was giving some birth control advice I didn't understand the reason for that comment
I noticed that as well. I just figured she wants everyone to know how hard she works.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:10 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
No, you're not being harsh by a long shot. We're talking about a 20-year old (not entire a teen mom anymore) "woman" who is skirting about her life with neither a high school diploma nor GED. In fact, she failed the GED practice test miserably... despite taking a month off of work. There's nothing harsh about pointing it out at all.

It's the truth. But, what do we know? As someone earlier said in this thread:

Quote:
Education is important of course...but when you become a "realilty star" can it be put on the back burner? YES!
I guess for her sake, she ought to stay in the limelight as long as her mind isn't going to mature enough for the adult world.

And before I get flamed for picking on the "young mom", she's only a few years younger than I. I was a mom at her age, so I know the difficulties that she is facing. The issue I have with her is that she is creating her own problems by continually putting her wants over the needs of the family unit.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:36 PM

I so want to reach in the tv and smack Ryan's stupid enabling parents.
I can understand that they want more time with their grandson but while they're pushing him to talk to Maci why aren't they pushing him to get a job? And what kinda of sorry ass female wants a boyfriend who not only lives with his parents, but doesn't work and has a baby that he doesn't financially support? For her sake I hope she's on the pill.

When Maci said she thought Ryan's motivation for wanting more time with Bentley was financial, I said "no, his motivation is his parents want Bentley more" then he sits down with his friends and his ditzy girlfriend and says she's screwing him over. If he thinks that 80K for 18 years is being screwed over than he obviously has no idea how expensive raising a child is, which makes his parents even more stupid because they're not telling him this vital information.

Are they paying his child support? What the hell is wrong with these people?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:38 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
I so want to reach in the tv and smack Ryan's stupid enabling parents.
I can understand that they want more time with their grandson but while they're pushing him to talk to Maci why aren't they pushing him to get a job? And what kinda of sorry ass female wants a boyfriend who not only lives with his parents, but doesn't work and has a baby that he doesn't financially support? For her sake I hope she's on the pill.

When Maci said she thought Ryan's motivation for wanting more time with Bentley was financial, I said "no, his motivation is his parents want Bentley more" then he sits down with his friends and his ditzy girlfriend and says she's screwing him over. If he thinks that 80K for 18 years is being screwed over than he obviously has no idea how expensive raising a child is, which makes his parents even more stupid because they're not telling him this vital information.

Are they paying his child support? What the hell is wrong with these people?
No kidding. That and can I please slap Caitlynn's mom and her nasty potty mouth as long as we're slapping people tonight?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
No kidding. That and can I please slap Caitlynn's mom and her nasty potty mouth as long as we're slapping people tonight?
I am so done with her mother. I think she needs to go to rehab with Butch because it's clear that she's under the influence of something.

Now I see why Amber pushes Gary around so much...he doesn't have a backbone...he just does whatever he's told. He's a little bit too old to be falling for peer pressure. I wonder if his friend who's giving him such great advice is in a relationship?

I would love to see him go to court and say "i want to see my son more but I don't wanna get a job to support him, but my parents are willing to pay for everything" I wonder if part of this is because he doesn't want her to have a new boyfriend. If I were Maci I'd move exactly 100 miles away and tell him to kiss my ass. OMG as I'm watching this show I wanna strangle his parents. He's sitting at the table, not showing the slightest bit of interest in spending more time with his son because he's too busy shoving food down his throat and his parents are encouraging him to go to court. If I were Maci he'd have a hell of a fight on his hands.

Last edited by nat_at772; 09-07-2010 at 08:55 PM..

Old 09-07-2010, 09:19 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,811,149 times
Caitlyns mom is trash who calls their daughter a b/tch? I am so done with her she wins the award for the crappiest parent of the year. Even though Ryan is a bum Macie just can't take Bentley and move to another city... Amber is lazy and Farrah is just Farrah still a b/tch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV