Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2010, 07:55 AM

992 posts, read 2,373,405 times

Advertisements

Amber can afford her oompa loompa spray tans, bad highlights, and acrylic nails...but can't clean her apartment, get a job, or take care of her daughter. She is the epitome of selfish. Who the heck YELLS at a 1 year old to stop throwing a fit? That poor girl just wanted some attention. She's a freaking one year old.

I'm the one who said Kyle was creepy, and I mean in the sense that he's kind of there, a little vapid, a little too eager. I know Maci is his first girlfriend, and it's almost as if she's with him by default...like, oh, this guy always loved me...he's stable, has a job and he adores me...I can adore him too. I don't know-it seems forced to me. I imagine she is lonely and wants companionship, but I don't know, it seems unauthentic.

Where is she getting the money to pay $825 a month for an apartment with no job up there in Nashville? It looks like she's trying to transfer mid semester too. It's all so weird and strange. While I'm certainly not Ryan's biggest fan, I do think that somewhere in him he really loves Bentley and doesn't want to see him go...we're all coming down so hard on him, but his parents need to tell him to man up, get a job, quit napping, and be a man for his little guy. He's a spoiled brat and I imagine he would feel better about himself if he got some independence.

I think Gary hangs around devil eyes because he thinks that's the best he can get. At least he quit wearing his high school "lineman camp" tee shirt. He needs to lose some weight, get a job that he can feel proud of, take care of Leah and tell Amber to go soak her head. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, just really insecure and down and she just kicks him around even more. I don't think I've ever heard her say anything nice to him. She's a wretched, awful girl. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 10:15 AM

491 posts, read 1,045,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
There is no way they would be able to afford daycare, even with both of them working. Daycare is extremely expensive, especially for a child Leah's age.
Sure they can. I paid for daycare (by myself) for my son when he was that age.

If she can afford her spray tan, highlights and fake nails on only one income, then her and Gary both working can certainly afford daycare.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:22 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
You know, I think I've been de-sensitized to overly large people wearing little to no clothing. I see much worse on a daily basis at the beach than what they showed of Gary. Perhaps that's why I'm not gagging or puking?

Oh, and here's something that will make you laugh. Though, aside from his expression, my mind went straight towards her form. Here's a tip, when you're punching, you don't bend your wrist like that else you risk injuring it.

I think tonight I'll finish watching Tuesday's episode of Morons with Babies... I mean, Teen Mom.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:04 AM

7,368 posts, read 5,483,693 times
Amber and Gary need to break up and grow up! They have a toxic relationship and it's not healthy for their daughter. This show makes me so mad sometimes I think I'm going to have to stop watching it!

Old 09-16-2010, 12:31 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJsMOM83 View Post
I do, however, agree with the second bolded statement. I wonder how Brandon and Teresa feel about this whole thing. Obviously they had to agree to it to some extent, but I truly do wonder if they just want to live in peace already.
That's what an open adoption is. They knew from day one that Tyler and Catelynn wanted to be in Carly's life, and they quite possibly have some kind of binding agreement.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:14 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Ok...so I was reading through all the comments and the only thing that has been on my mind is that Amber doesn't have time to get her GED but she has time to take dance lessons?

I like Kyle or at least what I've seen of Kyle. I think most of his awkwardness is because of the cameras. To the poster who said Maci still feels some anger at Ryan, I agree. But not that she's angry that he doesn't want to be with her (because I'm sure she's realized that he did her a favor by breaking up with him) but I think she's angry because she realizes that through Bentley, Ryan has some control over her life.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:27 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Ok...so I was reading through all the comments and the only thing that has been on my mind is that Amber doesn't have time to get her GED but she has time to take dance lessons?
Not just dance, but Krav Maga. Apparently she's also doing competitions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think she's angry because she realizes that through Bentley, Ryan has some control over her life.
That right there is my opinion, too. She doesn't appear to be angry at all about the breakup - just that she still has to deal with him because of the son they share.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:39 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Default Watching it Online now

Farrah's attitude in the car pissed me off. Sure the car breaking down was unfortunate but her reaction was beyond called for. If I was her mom, I would have told her to just get her car and go to the zoo alone. It seems like her whole purpose in life is to ***** about what a horrible life she has and how everything annoys her. Too bad she wasn't annoyed while she was being scammed out of her 3 thousand dollars. She needs to drop the tone and the eye-rolling and the whole "I can't stand you" attitude if she really wants to work things out with her mother.

I don't like the way that Maci went out and got an apartment before talking to her parents. I thought that was selfish and disrespectful considering all that they do for her. I'm not saying she should have asked for their permission but she should have called them and let her know this is what she wanted to do.

Eventually Gary is going to get tired of Amber kicking him out of the apartment whenever she gets mad at him. And eventually Amber is going to realize that she's not going to find another guy who will let her treat her like crap and still love her. Not that Gary's a prize (what kind of adult grabs the tv before they pack any of their personal belongings) but he's probably the best that Amber can do unless she gets some serious help. And some sheets.

Tyler is a cute kid when he smiles. I don't think I've ever seen him smile before.

Last edited by nat_at772; 09-16-2010 at 01:48 PM..

Old 09-16-2010, 01:42 PM

491 posts, read 1,045,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
That's what an open adoption is. They knew from day one that Tyler and Catelynn wanted to be in Carly's life, and they quite possibly have some kind of binding agreement.
You're right, I don't know why I forgot it was an open adoption.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:53 PM

114 posts, read 127,653 times
I'm pretty sure they get some $$ out of the deal with MTV. How did Farrah get a new car after she got ripped off by the buyer of her last car? She was overdrawn almost $3000. There's really no way someone with a high school degree can bounce back that quickly without some help. Plus her apartment is really nice for someone who is earning so little.

Gary and Amber had the same issues. Last season the car Amber was in was breaking down constantly and she had to take Leah to some sleazebag motel while she was having one of her arguments with Gary. Now she has a car with leather seats, she's tanned constantly (although she did work in a tanning salon), her nails are done, her hair is done, and she can afford a wedding dress. Someone who quits a job in a tanning salon after working part time cannot afford all that.

I am still convinced that the jewelry Tyler and Catelynn bought Carly was incredibly cheap, but Tyler is driving around in a fairly nice car. No one in that situation looks like they have much money, including Tyler's mom, but everyone seems comfortable. I noticed the day Catelynn's mom took her shopping for a prom dress she was driving around in a BMW. I wonder how Catelynn's mom could afford that? She certainly doesn't look like she works a white collar job.

Ryan and Maci are both driving around in style too, although I believe they receive most of their financial help from their parents, who don't seem to being doing so poorly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV