Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2010, 10:25 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times

Advertisements

I'm surprised there hasn't been much comment on the supreme and drastic weight loss that Amber has gone through. Apparently she has lost 65lbs and is now around 120lbs. Not to mention, she becomes more orange by the episode.

According to an article I read, she has been doing 2 hours sessions of cardio and strength training, in addition to Krav Maga. My question is: When she said that she was too broke and too stretched for time to get an education - where then, does all this come from? Plus, why isn't she getting Gary into it as well?

I'm also curious as to why there's no footage from her exercise regime - if she's indeed losing weight the right way, wouldn't it be good to show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 10:56 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
[quote=Rita Mordio;15539126]I'm surprised there hasn't been much comment on the supreme and drastic weight loss that Amber has gone through. Apparently she has lost 65lbs and is now around 120lbs. Not to mention, she becomes more orange by the episode.

According to an article I read, she has been doing 2 hours sessions of cardio and strength training, in addition to Krav Maga. My question is: When she said that she was too broke and too stretched for time to get an education - where then, does all this come from? Plus, why isn't she getting Gary into it as well?

I'm also curious as to why there's no footage from her exercise regime - if she's indeed losing weight the right way, wouldn't it be good to show?[/quote]
thanks for the information and you make very valid points.
I should think she would get Gary involved;though I also have NO idea how she can afford anything extra. Does seem a great idea to show others(especailly teens) how to get into better shape. Wish someone could help Amber get her emotions into better shape. Body looking better-attitude worse.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:57 AM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,187 times
Gentle Newsflash peeps: (safe for me to state being the OP)

It's scripted and the goils get paid....I still love each and every one of them with all their warts

Old 08-19-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Gentle Newsflash peeps: (safe for me to state being the OP)

It's scripted and the goils get paid....I still love each and every one of them with all their warts
That's interesting because several of these girls are on various forms of welfare. If they are indeed being paid, then how are they still managing to qualify?

Old 08-19-2010, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
That's interesting because several of these girls are on various forms of welfare. If they are indeed being paid, then how are they still managing to qualify?
Regarding Ambers "drastic" weight loss - I don't think the show has addressed it at all. It's very possible she is losing it the old fashioned way with more excercise and less food intake no? I think she looks healthy. It's not as though she's waifish or anything. I think it rather rude she's referred to as the fat chick by some in the thread and then beat down when she has lost some too....looks like either way she can't win.

In regards to the welfare assumption - they would be kicked off the dole while recieving their paychecks from MTV

Old 08-19-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold*dust1 View Post
Regarding Ambers "drastic" weight loss - I don't think the show has addressed it at all. It's very possible she is losing it the old fashioned way with more excercise and less food intake no? I think she looks healthy. It's not as though she's waifish or anything. I think it rather rude she's referred to as the fat chick by some in the thread and then beat down when she has lost some too....looks like either way she can't win.

In regards to the welfare assumption - they would be kicked off the dole while recieving their paychecks from MTV
The show didn't address her weight loss at all - which they should. They should have shown this girl working her butt off (literally). It would have made for a good example. I wasn't one of the ones calling her various names for being overweight.. but I sure as heck will raise an eyebrow when she dramatically loses 65lbs over the course of a year.

She claims to do 2 hours of cardio four times a week. Perfectly good time to get an education, no?

I'd rather see her do something about her education instead of worrying about her physical appearance. Because... this is what she looks like now. Little extreme?

And back to the welfare thing - if they're still on welfare, it means that they either haven't been paid yet or they're being paid very little. Either that, or they're lying through their teeth about income.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
The show didn't address her weight loss at all - which they should. They should have shown this girl working her butt off (literally). It would have made for a good example. I wasn't one of the ones calling her various names for being overweight.. but I sure as heck will raise an eyebrow when she dramatically loses 65lbs over the course of a year.

She claims to do 2 hours of cardio four times a week. Perfectly good time to get an education, no?

I'd rather see her do something about her education instead of worrying about her physical appearance. Because... this is what she looks like now. Little extreme?

And back to the welfare thing - if they're still on welfare, it means that they either haven't been paid yet or they're being paid very little. Either that, or they're lying through their teeth about income.
IMHO yes of course they are getting paid! I don't recall that it was stated in black and white which ones were receiving welfare, but I am sure their respective states are aware they are on a reality tv series and they would be cut off the dole. We are supposed to be getting a glimpse into their real teen mom lives so when the show started, welfare may have been mentioned, but as more and more shows are spun out it's apparent they are enjoying a higher lifestyle and then notice how certain storyline mentions are dropped. Even the creators probably don't know how to explain it. If the girls are that duh...m.b not to report income it will catch up with them.

I can't speak to Ambers weight loss. If she was up near 200 after the baby, it wouldn't be drastic to lose 65 lbs. Do tons of people develop eating disorders...YES! Do I think she looks awful in the pix you provided - NO! Can I understand she would feel extra pressure after having thousands comment on her fat azz -YES!

Education is important of course...but when you become a "realilty star" can it be put on the back burner? YES! It's put on the back burner by countless ordinary non-reality show "stars". Sure it looks like she has a big head now, but she has a round face and needs to switch to fake and bake if that over dark tan is real!

Last edited by gold*dust1; 08-19-2010 at 03:05 PM..

Old 08-19-2010, 02:41 PM

1,192 posts, read 1,811,149 times
I actually met a producer for the show and i asked if they got paid and he said yes but not enough to live on. Speaking of getting paid Farrah has her story of her and her babies father in the latest Star magazine.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:55 PM

1,961 posts, read 4,385,483 times
[quote=Rita Mordio;15542194]

I dunno, but that photo looks totally photoshopped.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:04 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easternerDC View Post

I dunno, but that photo looks totally photoshopped.
it did to me too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV