Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 02:33 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,152,019 times

Advertisements

First, let me just say that I'm pleased Brent and Caite did not win. I didn't like their constant "You're stupid" fighting the entire game when anything went wrong and I thought it was hilarious that they went all over the world and when they got back to the USA, they had a cabbie who didn't speak English. She claims she's "smart" which is debatable but even I cringed at the end with the Lesbians showing very bad form. That was the dumbest thing I've seen at the finale in a long time. Very immature and speaks volumes about the Lesbian's character. Let it go.

Second, I am happy that the Cowboys played the game as well as they did. I enjoyed watching them enjoy the experience, not be "Ugly Americans", stay calm and most importantly, stay close as brothers. TAR has a way to really destroy a relationship quickly because of the stress and I was happy to see them actually enjoy each other by the time they were through.

Last, I was okay with the Brother's winning before the show started. Then, I watched them play. I don't understand the line cutting. As a mom who is trying to raise my kids to do the right thing, I think it says something about a person's character when they resort to something as juvenile as cutting in line in order to get ahead. As it turns out, their move to first class is what won the race for them and the cutting in line just made them look like cheaters. There wasn't a good reason to cut in line, and I am well and truly over people saying "it's for a million dollars" as if that's some kind of excuse to lose your moral compass since money is involved. Run the race, read your clues and try to figure out a non-cheating way to get on the mat before the other teams. If you have to resort to line cutting, then you're saying that you're willing to do anything for money and that's not someone I want to root for. It bothers me that a team that essentially did the wrong thing gets the win. And what's funny is that the cutting isn't even the reason they won the race...so they didn't NEED to do it...the brothers threw their "high-road" out for nothing.

All in all, I enjoyed TAR as I do every season. I hope that next season, the challenges will be a little harder and the U-turns and Speed Bumps will be harder too. They seemed to make the race easier this year and that was kind of disappointing...even the end, when they have to recall the race and put it in order with clues seemed really easy. It was like they've dumbed it down.

Also...now that the "Bro's" managed to weasel their way to first class, that will be the start of every single team trying to do the same. It's only unique once and I think the producers are going to need to make it a rule that you cannot buy a first class seat OR sit in first class on a flight. You can get as close to the front as possible in coach only.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 03:14 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
Dx3.....I agree to a point.....that point being that the Bros DID make the attempt while everyone else including the "Gravy Boys" took a nap.....[and I wanted the Gravy Boys to win]

BUT....as long as the two budding brain surgeons lost it was ok either way....

Old 05-11-2010, 06:14 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,112,180 times
I would have been okay with Brent and Caite losing if the cab driver wasn't the cause.

As for the Brothers winning, their line cutting tactic makes it impossible for me to be happy for them.

I really wish the Cowboys had won. Though I have to agree it would have been fun to see the Models won just to p*ss off the Lesbians.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:06 PM

1,722 posts, read 2,555,324 times
Good Lord. If the cowboys had been 1st in the line, he models 2nd, and the brothers cut in front of them instead, I'd bet there would be a lot less bellyaching in this thread about "line cutting".

The cowboys were asleep on the job. At least one of them should've been right behind the models to insure the brothers could not jump in front of them. Nap when you get home.

Old 05-11-2010, 08:17 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post
Good Lord. If the cowboys had been 1st in the line, he models 2nd, and the brothers cut in front of them instead, I'd bet there would be a lot less bellyaching in this thread about "line cutting".

The cowboys were asleep on the job. At least one of them should've been right behind the models to insure the brothers could not jump in front of them. Nap when you get home.
total nonsense. Dan and Jordan KNEW the cowboys were in line and had been for a couple of hours. But if they want to look like asses on national tv-fine. No one should be excusing it though. I would probably have took a nap too and not felt like I had to be on guard for someone taking my place in line.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
total nonsense. Dan and Jordan KNEW the cowboys were in line and had been for a couple of hours. But if they want to look like asses on national tv-fine. No one should be excusing it though. I would probably have took a nap too and not felt like I had to be on guard for someone taking my place in line.
It doesnt matter if it race or not you cant hold your spot even real world say for instance concert by placing book bag or something step out of line take a nap and expect no one to take your spot in real; life it aint going to happen and when your going for a million dollars you better show effort
you want it. If you read the earlier link they stated that didnt win them a million dollars . cry me a river

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 05-11-2010 at 11:27 PM..

Old 05-11-2010, 11:31 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,901,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mappy View Post

SO true! Everyone would be cheering if they'd cut in front of the models!

Old 05-11-2010, 11:36 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,788,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
It doesnt matter if it race or not you cant hold your spot even real world say for instance concert by placing book bag or something step out of line take a nap and expect no one to take your spot in real; life it aint going to happen and when your going for a million dollars you better show effort
you want it. If you read the earlier link they stated that didnt win them a million dollars . cry me a river

let's get real here, ok?
This was the last leg of the race and not the first time teams had gathered at various places to wait. Every team and MOST viewers understand the meaning of first there is first,second is second, third is third in line. Those arguing the point just want to argue. I have better things to do.
Show effort?/ LMAO
the cowboys didn't slack off on any challenge ever. Effort? Waiting in line requires effort?
Oh my gravy

Old 05-11-2010, 11:48 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,505,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
let's get real here, ok?
This was the last leg of the race and not the first time teams had gathered at various places to wait. Every team and MOST viewers understand the meaning of first there is first,second is second, third is third in line. Those arguing the point just want to argue. I have better things to do.
Show effort?/ LMAO
the cowboys didn't slack off on any challenge ever. Effort? Waiting in line requires effort?
Oh my gravy
they wasnt in line thats the thing they was beside the line napping
when they could should have waited to nap on that long flight
from China to S.F.
again it doesnt matter they are stuck on farm for not being smart

Old 05-12-2010, 07:00 AM

332 posts, read 772,553 times
I am mystified by this hullabaloo about line-cutting. The Amazing Race is not an afternoon tea session; it's a serious competition. Taking advantages when you can get them is playing smart.

And if we want to criticize breaches of etiquette, what about the cowboy purposely shouting nonsense in order to distract the brothers at the Star Wars task? I personally have absolutely no problem with it, but if the brothers are going to be pilloried for cutting in line, is it not contradictory to praise the cowboys for their "class"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV