Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 01:53 PM

4,796 posts, read 22,909,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
When you're in line at the store, do you think it's classy when someone cuts in front of you? Do you think it's classy when you're in line for the bathroom at a sporting event and someone cuts in front of you?

In the United States we form lines for services. Someone who cuts in front of others isn't just "competing" for those services, they're telling everyone they cut in front of that they are more important, better, superior, etc. Which is why when someone cuts in line, people are so outraged.

The brothers gained no advantage from cutting in line. Their advantage came from moving up to first-class on the plane. The cutting in line only demonstrated their lack of integrity, their willingness to be rude and to essentially cheat.

The cowboys action at the Star Wars challenge was competition. During baseball games and other sporting venues, people use noise to distract their competitors. And that's a legitimate strategy.
Every step of the race was competition, including getting in line, getting seats on the plane, getting off the plane--everything. It isn't any LESS classy to cut in line than it is to try to shout someone down. Yes, why not get in front of Caite and Brent? That would have been fair game too. The rules ensure fair play. The rules allowed the brothers to cut in line, AND THEY ALLOWED THE COWBOYS PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE UP FOR IT. Which they tried to do. They just weren't good enough. That's the way games work.

The race is about strategy not about moral superiority. If you are looking for morality to win, go watch a show on the Lifetime network or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 02:05 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post
Every step of the race was competition, including getting in line, getting seats on the plane, getting off the plane--everything. It isn't any LESS classy to cut in line than it is to try to shout someone down. Yes, why not get in front of Caite and Brent? That would have been fair game too. The rules ensure fair play. The rules allowed the brothers to cut in line, AND THEY ALLOWED THE COWBOYS PLENTY OF OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE UP FOR IT. Which they tried to do. They just weren't good enough. That's the way games work.

The race is about strategy not about moral superiority. If you are looking for morality to win, go watch a show on the Lifetime network or something.
Yeah, it's LESS CLASSY to cut in line. It shows no class. And things like this do matter in competitions. That's why we refer to things like SPORTSMANSHIP. Just because you are competing with other people doesn't mean that anything goes. It may be that "all's fair in love and war", but in everything else, fairness and integrity do count for something. The brothers revealed that they don't value their own integrity. And so no one else should value the brothers' integrity, either.

Yes, the cowboys failed to catch up, and that's the way games work. But it doesn't take away the fact that the world got to see two brothers cheat to gain an advantage in a race. They won, but they also lost. And that's too bad.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:37 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Cowboys did not win.

Other brothers cheated, in my book.

Cowboys showed nothing but CLASS.

Other brothers did nothing but whine, whine, whine.

Oh My Gravy! Love it.

Old 05-10-2010, 02:43 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
The part where the bros got to 1st class I missed last night - what exactly did they say to convince the flight attendant to allow them to sit there? And why didn't the other teams notice, and do likewise?
didn't show it but aparrantely they just asked....no one else notice cause they were sleepin

Old 05-10-2010, 02:52 PM

2,340 posts, read 4,632,407 times
This is silly.

It was rude to cut in line. Period. That fact has nothing to do with why they won. They won b/c they got off the plane first.

That doesn't change the fact that their "line cutting" gives a glimpse into their character. Winning 1 million doesn't make up for poor character.

Old 05-10-2010, 03:55 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,094,032 times
Okay update on the lesbians carol and brandy they have broken up and remain friends . carol is living in los angeles and brandy is living in colorado and she claims that they still remain friends . Ms tacky with the dark hair did not even clap when the winners were coming through the line . I knew she was going to be trouble when she started talking way to go !!! show your butt on national tv this was the worst amazing race I have ever seen and it will be such a long time before i watch again if i ever do .

Old 05-10-2010, 07:06 PM

44,634 posts, read 61,638,098 times
Saw the brothers and the Cowboys on the CBS Early Morning show this am. The boys got their million dollar check, presented to them by their mother.
The Cowboys exuded 1st class "Class". Let's hope they have a lot of success in their future endeavors.

Old 05-10-2010, 07:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,532,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodaka View Post

Im glad you see it like I do bro.
A million dollars on line and both members are going to take a non necessary nap. bro
Dan & Jordan showed what leaning on your brother for their strengh means
who cares about integrity or class your million dollars richer
is all they are seeing while they sitting in lap of luxury
Fabulous

Old 05-11-2010, 09:15 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,121,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Im glad you see it like I do bro.
A million dollars on line and both members are going to take a non necessary nap. bro
Dan & Jordan showed what leaning on your brother for their strengh means
who cares about integrity or class your million dollars richer
is all they are seeing while they sitting in lap of luxury
Fabulous
even tho I wanted the cowboys to win...the dropped the ball by taking a nap.
"Good Gravy guys"

Old 05-11-2010, 12:19 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,798,808 times
Default found this today

How Amazing Race Winners Went From First Class to First Place - PEOPLE TV Watch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV