Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 09:14 PM

1,228 posts, read 1,929,482 times

Advertisements

lost all respect for Adrienne Maloof and I am now finding out her shoe collection is not all that. More like cheaply made shoes that are WAY over priced.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,596,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catnip8056 View Post
I remember thinking, "who does Adrienne remind me of?" but just couldn't place my finger on it.

Then I was just reading one of the comments in the Bravo blog and BAM, a poster said it...

Charo! LOL
LOL that is pretty spot on. I wonder how old Adrianne is? I saw a lot of Charo back before cable when after 10 pm observing her as a frequent guests on the Johnny Carson show was one of the only viewing options.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Not to be a snotty b*tch but Bennetton is a great brand for middle class folks but it's no where near what you'd find at Bergdorf's or Henri Bendel. It was so weird she said that. She grew up in one of the world's fashion capitols and she doesn't have a clue of what was hot. Maybe she never actually went to her classmate's houses and guessed, IDK. I wouldn't be surprised if her story was as tweaked as Taylor's. If her father was rich why would she be living in a barely furnished home hanging on for dear life to this absentee fiancee?

Bennetton sweaters were a big deal in the eighties, they were looked upon much differently then they are now.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:57 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,412,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Taylor's story once again, is hard to believe.

So anyway, Russell jumps out of the bushes and beats this guy unconscious in the back of his head. Then not-so-tall or strong looking Russell picks him up and carries an unconscious man over to a pool and tosses him in? Then he tosses a pitbull in, who was just standing around watching (dog was 90 years old?) his master get beat to a pulp, and the soon to be wife of the unconscious man in the pool jumps in to save her dog that can't swim? Not her soon to be husband? Nice priorities!

So unconscious man regains consciousness, starts to get out of the pool, Russell notices, and Russell stops drowning his wife (who he also tossed in the pool) to go back after the guy? Wouldn't that mean Russell was in the pool too? Or did he only have Taylor's head in the pool (Taylor DID say she got tossed in, didn't she? Could be wrong). So Russell gives up on drowning his wife to go back after some dude who didn't drown while unconscious in the pool.

Nothing seems to work out for Russell, can't even drown someone properly.
This seems to be directed at what I wrote about the book.

NO. Mark was not knocked unconscious during the fight, nor was Russell trying to drown him. Russell was only punching him. Russell wasn't in the pool until he threw Taylor in. It was Taylor whose head he pushed underwater. Russell left Taylor and went after Mark again as Mark was climbing out of the pool.

Your assumptions are wrong. Russell didn't throw the dog in till he caught up with Mark for the second time. (The dogs were barking.) Jennifer dove in and saved the dog. After Jennifer climbed out of the pool, she picked up a fire log to hit Russell with to stop him from punching her fiance.

I don't know about you, but I find it requires too many mental gymnastics to review a book I've never read. Probably not a good idea. Just saying.

Hiknapster - I didn't get the book in the mail Wednesday, but have it ready for Thursday's mail. Hope I have enough stamps on it!

Old 02-16-2012, 03:24 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,381,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post
lost all respect for Adrienne Maloof and I am now finding out her shoe collection is not all that. More like cheaply made shoes that are WAY over priced.
Out of curiosity I just googled her collection, and some of it is cute! And it is all very "Adrienne" - she did a fine job of coming up with a collection that is distinctively her - which is good!

As for the price, most of it seems to retail for between $120 to $150, so she's not going for the top-of-the-line type clients - and I think that's smart. She's a lot more likely to appeal to mid-level consumers, due to her celebrity. I don't know what kind of distribution she's getting, but I can see the line appealing to some fans of the show - basically anyone who wants to dress like Adrienne can, just find a fitted little dress in a solid color and get a pair of her shoes! Instant RHOBH style!

Old 02-16-2012, 04:55 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Bennetton sweaters were a big deal in the eighties, they were looked upon much differently then they are now.
Yea, I remember that ... Bennetton was THE hip brand for high schoolers back in the day. As Kevin would say ... tres chi chi, bling bling!

Old 02-16-2012, 04:57 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
Someone punches my husband and throws my dog into a pool ... screw the wife, I'm calling the cops and child protective services ...

was Adrienne even in that last episode???

And there is a heck of a lot more going on with DimKim that just drinking. If she doesn't get help for her mental health issues, she'll dive head first into the bottle again. She seems to be happy with her kids texting her that they love her ... really? She shouldn't have any contact with anyone until she realizes and gets help with her psychological problems. It's sad. She's not better. She's just sober.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:00 AM

1,228 posts, read 1,929,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Out of curiosity I just googled her collection, and some of it is cute! And it is all very "Adrienne" - she did a fine job of coming up with a collection that is distinctively her - which is good!

As for the price, most of it seems to retail for between $120 to $150, so she's not going for the top-of-the-line type clients - and I think that's smart. She's a lot more likely to appeal to mid-level consumers, due to her celebrity. I don't know what kind of distribution she's getting, but I can see the line appealing to some fans of the show - basically anyone who wants to dress like Adrienne can, just find a fitted little dress in a solid color and get a pair of her shoes! Instant RHOBH style!
an the returns are high since the quality is very cheaply made and not worth the price.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:42 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Yeah! Dr Phil had a wacko like that on his show! He had cameras, tapes, the whole nine all over the house!! They had to stage an intervention to get him to confess and take them all out and get therapy!
Unless you've been with an obssesive type who feels the need to monitor your every conversation and know what you're doing every minute of the day, its difficult to believe.

Trust me when I say its common.

If her former friends or someone Russel assaulted can't give her accounts in the book some credibility tho, I'm not so sure about those.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:52 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERCHIC View Post

You lost respect for Adrienne over a shoe collection?

Unless they're Italian made shoes, most of them are produced over seas (china) that includes the high dollar shoe.

Where do you think Lisas shoe collection will be made?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.