Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 01:39 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,214,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
The disease of addiction has a biological component, that's why it's considered a disease. Most addicts are born with the genetic predisposition towards addiction (i.e. why Kim but not Kyle is an alcoholic) and the more a person abuses a substance, the more the drug use rewires the brain and their brain becomes hardwired to crave the drug. It becomes a drive, just like the drive to eat, have sex and drink when you're thirsty. Except, due to the genetic predisposition and the amount a person's brain is rewired, the drive to take in drugs is MUCH HIGHER than our basic, biological drives. If you've ever been really thirsty but unable to access water, this gives you an idea of what a craving is like for a user. Users have to struggle with these ongoing, persistant, chronic cravings for the rest of their lives and for many, the craving is too intense and it's just easier for them, in the moment, to give in.

If only willpower was required to stop being an addict, no one would be an addict. LOL. Everyone would just stop using when they feel they've had too much. Much more goes into it than that.
This is very true, of course, people still need to take responsibility for their actions, but addiction is never a simple matter of willpower. I work with a lot of addicts, and most people have no idea how badly they want to quit, most don't even get "high" many haven't for years, they have to use just to keep from getting horribly sick. There is no denying that addiction changes brain chemistry, that has been proven so people who have never been through it shouldn't think they can understand what it's like, and certainly shouldn't get self righteous about it, with the right combination of circumstances addiction can happen to ANYONE.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:16 PM

346 posts, read 499,529 times
I remember thinking, "who does Adrienne remind me of?" but just couldn't place my finger on it.

Then I was just reading one of the comments in the Bravo blog and BAM, a poster said it...

Charo! LOL

Old 02-15-2012, 05:32 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,809,008 times
Booooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggg!!!!

Wow, that one was a major snoozer. Hopefully the lost footage will be better.

Could Pyle be more self righteous???? Taylortrash isn't winning anyone over. Good luck to her.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:57 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,622,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Shooting Stars is sending the book to me and I very much appreciate it.
Update us with your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Oh! And before I forget: the recording devices? Please. She doesn't have a WIRELESS connection to her printer?
The hidden recording devices were to tape Taylor.

Believe it or not its commonly done by men with Russels issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingomo View Post
Russell wasn't forced to do the show. He knew what he was getting himself into, he signed a contract, and it just showed what a slug he really was and that is why he and his family were pissed. He has no one to blame but himself, that lowlife coward.
Yep, he planned to capitalize too.

Quote:
And by the way, that school Pam went to in NYC is NOT as highly classified as she said. Chick is still hung up on Benetton sweaters from the 80's. Her excuse for rattling off price tags and pointing out her designer wear is pathetic. And she's willing to kiss butt to fit in and would do it all over again? Talk about having issues.
Not really surprising. Shes on the show thanks to her BFF Taylor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
The show “completely defaced his character,” Laurie Ann Kelsoe, Russell's sister, told Drew Pinsky recently on his HLN show. “Shame on (Taylor) for doing this and for thinking that all he was was bad … if that's the case, then why did she stay there and spend his money?”
She couldn't afford the Beverly Hills lifestyle by herself. Hate to break the bad news to his sister it wasn't his money. Its money she and Russel have pending lawsuits to answer for (minus Russel).

Old 02-15-2012, 06:13 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,823,429 times
Between Taylor and Bravo and Andy Cohen's blatant coddling of her; Adrienne and Kyle - I had to stop. No more for me. I am out. I watched about 15 minutes of the reunion and I was done.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:13 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,782,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I am familiar with the school Pam mentioned, Nightengale-Bamford, and it is NOT the #3 school in the country. It's not even number 3 in NYC, but it is a fancy private school. I'll give her that much.

I thought the interaction between Kim and Kyle seemed authentic, but I think I'm alone on this one.

I think Kim is more than just an alcoholic. She has a pill problem, no doubt, and if she is like most addicts, she will replace her primary addiction with a second one. If not pills, then with food or pot or shopping, etc. I think she's a sad person. As with most addicts, she is self-medicating. Behind most alcoholics you will find someone with an anxiety or depressive disorder.

I have no idea what bee crawled into Adrienne's bonnet, but she seems cranky and bitter.

I don't think Kyle is as bad as everyone else does.

It's hard to look at Taylor. She's an opportunist and fake.
Yeah, I'm beginning to think Kim's underlying problem is psychological too. She could be bipolar, have dissociative disorder. IDK, I think there's a little more going on there.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Update us with your opinion.

The hidden recording devices were to tape Taylor.

Believe it or not its commonly done by men with Russels issues.

Yep, he planned to capitalize too.
Yeah! Dr Phil had a wacko like that on his show! He had cameras, tapes, the whole nine all over the house!! They had to stage an intervention to get him to confess and take them all out and get therapy!

Old 02-15-2012, 08:22 PM

1,680 posts, read 1,798,493 times
Brandi is quite attractive.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:35 PM

3,320 posts, read 5,607,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Yeah! Dr Phil had a wacko like that on his show! He had cameras, tapes, the whole nine all over the house!! They had to stage an intervention to get him to confess and take them all out and get therapy!
Maybe Traylor got ideas from Phil's show Just like she's been accused of gleaming info on how to act like a battered woman from her shelter volunteerism. BTW what controlling abusive tape recording husband allows their old lady to work at a battered womans shelter? What wife afraid of her controlling abusive husband talks smack nationally about being with him for his money and suggests he get rid of the stupid dog he picked out for dear daughters B-Day present? How does Traylor claim to be an example for battered woman when she wouldn't leave hers because the money would dry out Who would find the grifter an inspiration Oh that's right Kyle defended her right to stay with him for the MONEY

Old 02-15-2012, 08:47 PM

Quote:
And Dana's F**k You shoes were the epitome of class. Who pointed them out? Pearl necklace clutching Adrienne? Would have been a different story if Brandi had showed up with that trashy shoe wear.

And by the way, that school Pam went to in NYC is NOT as highly classified as she said. Chick is still hung up on Benetton sweaters from the 80's. Her excuse for rattling off price tags and pointing out her designer wear is pathetic. And she's willing to kiss butt to fit in and would do it all over again? Talk about having issues.
Not to be a snotty b*tch but Bennetton is a great brand for middle class folks but it's no where near what you'd find at Bergdorf's or Henri Bendel. It was so weird she said that. She grew up in one of the world's fashion capitols and she doesn't have a clue of what was hot. Maybe she never actually went to her classmate's houses and guessed, IDK. I wouldn't be surprised if her story was as tweaked as Taylor's. If her father was rich why would she be living in a barely furnished home hanging on for dear life to this absentee fiancee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV