Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2012, 08:46 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,528,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihatespoiledbrattypeople View Post
How do you know if you got the job or not after the Interview is over? do most employers not contact the applicant until a couple of days or a week to let them know if they got hired? or do they tell the applicant on the day of the interview, as in, immediately after the Interview is over?
You wait and wait longer. If they call you back for a 2nd interview you may very well get the job. Employers like to drag this out for weeks and some for months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2012, 01:33 PM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
You wait and wait longer. If they call you back for a 2nd interview you may very well get the job. Employers like to drag this out for weeks and some for months.
yeah, eventhough i was trolling in my previous thread, frustrated for being unemployed but i had a job interview at OSH yesterday, now i'm hoping I get hired there but i'm not gonna get my hopes up too high

Old 02-16-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
yeah, eventhough i was trolling in my previous thread, frustrated for being unemployed but i had a job interview at OSH yesterday, now i'm hoping I get hired there but i'm not gonna get my hopes up too high
I don't either. I had an interview Monday and they told me I should hear something in about a week. Then I'll have to submit to a 2nd interview and wait longer. Assuming they want me, then it will be at least another week, likely 2 for the test results to come back if they make me an offer. Its ridiculous how long it takes these days!

Old 02-17-2012, 03:13 PM

9 posts, read 11,599 times
Talking Full Details

Full Details Of Extension:
Conference Agreement Far Better For Unemployed Workers and UI System Than Original House Bill — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

Old 02-18-2012, 06:14 AM

645 posts, read 1,452,121 times
Default No one respects you when you are unemployed

When you have a job, everyone is your friend and you're okay with them. Soon as you lose your job here comes the devil. I'm tired of this and I'm frustrated.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:03 AM

Religion taught me not to judge others. Until you've been in someone's shoes you can't know what they face. Brush yourself off and rise above the negativity.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:42 AM

645 posts, read 1,452,121 times
Quote:
Religion taught me not to judge others. Until you've been in someone's shoes you can't know what they face. Brush yourself off and rise above the negativity.
Thank you sooo much for the positivity

Old 02-20-2012, 12:03 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,313,826 times
Quote:
I don't either. I had an interview Monday and they told me I should hear something in about a week. Then I'll have to submit to a 2nd interview and wait longer. Assuming they want me, then it will be at least another week, likely 2 for the test results to come back if they make me an offer. Its ridiculous how long it takes these days!
before the recession started, before the economy got ****ty, or just back in the old-days, was it normal for employers to contact you, or just call you back even when you got rejected? even when you did not get the job? I remember watching an episode of Fresh Prince in which Carlton received a phone call back after an Interview, and they call him back, to let him know he did not get the job, is that just TV? or was it really like that back in the early 2000's and before? The reason why I was mad about Home Depot rejecting me is because before I worked at Target, when I applied for jobs, not only would I not get hired, i would not even get an interview, so i was very pissed off and frustrated for not getting half of a chance. Rejection i can handle, getting teased, lead on, is another, so it's because for a very long time i was never getting interviews, but lately i have, i have gotten 2 so far this new year.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:46 AM

Quote:
before the recession started, before the economy got ****ty, or just back in the old-days, was it normal for employers to contact you, or just call you back even when you got rejected? even when you did not get the job? I remember watching an episode of Fresh Prince in which Carlton received a phone call back after an Interview, and they call him back, to let him know he did not get the job, is that just TV? or was it really like that back in the early 2000's and before? The reason why I was mad about Home Depot rejecting me is because before I worked at Target, when I applied for jobs, not only would I not get hired, i would not even get an interview, so i was very pissed off and frustrated for not getting half of a chance. Rejection i can handle, getting teased, lead on, is another, so it's because for a very long time i was never getting interviews, but lately i have, i have gotten 2 so far this new year.
I don't really know. I have only received 1 rejection that I remember in the last 8 or 9 years. Prior to this my last interview was in 1992 and I can remember going to 1 interview which I don't think I heard anything about afterwards back then. I usually have always been hired on 1st/2nd interview for almost all of my past jobs before that. My guess is that with hundreds of resume submissions that its near impossible for them to contact everyone that shows an interest in the posted job. HR is overworked right now. I can tell you that I am glad I am not an HR person these days.

Old 02-21-2012, 04:55 PM

71 posts, read 249,967 times
I'm new to this forum and didn't read all 38 pages in this thread, but let me explain that 12 years ago the hiring environment was radically different that what it is today. Of course there were companies back then that would not acknowledge your application or resume. But the majority of them would get back to you letting you know they had found a better suited candidate. This was all before email was widely used so the response was usually by phone or mostly by snail mail. I guess you can say workers and job seekers were treated with respect back then. Nowadays you are just a bunch of keywords in a huge database - similar to a lottery, if you picked the right words you had a chance encounter with a living breathing person. But if you didnt, then your resume just goes into space somewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment