Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 01:45 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,010,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGreat View Post

As I said go look at the unemployment votes over the last 4 years, unless something is tied to it for the rich it doesn't get passed, aka Bush tax cuts, I believe that is the one that passed that bobtn mentioned! !
As of 12/2010, you would mean the Obama tax cuts.The Bush ones expired, and the bill Obama signed was a brand, new bill. Like Bushes', it provided the largest break for the first $8k taxable, a huge 33.3% (5/15 for the idiots bad at math) tax break for them, from 15% to 10%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 02:27 PM

1,828 posts, read 4,660,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
As of 12/2010, you would mean the Obama tax cuts.The Bush ones expired, and the bill Obama signed was a brand, new bill. Like Bushes', it provided the largest break for the first $8k taxable, a huge 33.3% (5/15 for the idiots bad at math) tax break for them, from 15% to 10%.
But you fail to mention that the GOP refused to pass it without the Bush tax break for the rich!
Nice try though, you know the rich need even more money!

Old 08-12-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
But you fail to mention that the GOP refused to pass it without the Bush tax break for
all.

Yes they did insist on no tax increases for anyone. Now if your statement had been true, they would have insisted the bill be written bringing the 10% rate on first 8k to 15% as before.

And get your memory cleared up. The vote took place in December, 2010 with Pelosi's House (11/2/10 wonderful new House did not get seated until 1/20/2011), so Dems held the majority in both chambers at the time.

They had to pass it, so they must have liked it.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
all.

Yes they did insist on no tax increases for anyone. Now if your statement had been true, they would have insisted the bill be written bringing the 10% rate on first 8k to 15% as before.

And get your memory cleared up. The vote took place in December, 2010 with Pelosi's House (11/2/10 wonderful new House did not get seated until 1/20/2011), so Dems held the majority in both chambers at the time.

They had to pass it, so they must have liked it.
There's nothing to clear up! It was all done for concessions for Republicans! So the GOP wants to cut entitlements (middle class help) in favor of breaks in taxes for the rich, yea makes alot of sense for most people in the USA.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/17/us...pagewanted=all

Old 08-12-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
There's nothing to clear up! It was all done for concessions for Republicans! l
Wrong. Dems had majorities, but several Dems insisted on extending the tax cuts, pushing those in favor of letting cuts expire into the minority. Same thing has happened this year, with several Dems already pushing for another extension of the Obama 2010 tax rates.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Wrong. Dems had majorities, but several Dems insisted on extending the tax cuts, pushing those in favor of letting cuts expire into the minority. Same thing has happened this year, with several Dems already pushing for another extension of the Obama 2010 tax rates.

lol, you obviously see it with GOP blinders on, its pointless to go any further with this. I was once like you, but woke up when I watched cspan for 2 years when I was out of work and the GOP voting down unemployment extensions without having something for the rich tied to it. It was like clock work, it would get voted down and carrots for the rich needed to be attached to it for it to pass thanks to the GOP.

Old 12-04-2012, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 906 times
I hope they pass 2013 exstention,i was laid off in sep,and im colecting intil my claims use up at the end of the year,so i have not been on any exstentions yet.I have a wife and 12 year old autistic son,after my bills are paid plus food, the rest of my money go's in for gas for job hunting.I can't even find a low paying job,i am a construction worker and there is nothing out their.when there's more than 3 million off by feb, 2013.With no exstention what do you think people will do to feed there families.What will happen is, suvival instince will kick in. I was watching all the news channels this morning and there was no talk about all the people that will lose there unemployment.It's just a hunch but i think it will be on every channel in the world by the middle of feb 2013.When there is mass caos.NOT SURE IF I SPELLED THAT ALL CORRECTLY BUT YA ALL GET MY POINT.GOD BLESS AMERICA AND EVERYONE READING THIS.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:54 AM

2 posts, read 2,500 times
It it is unfair to lump unemployed people in to one category - Lazy.

I handle my career search as a full-time job and then some. I have unemployment because I earned it working 25+ years. I am sure there are people who manipulate the system but with the rigidness of the system I do not see how.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:53 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,412,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuccess1544 View Post
It it is unfair to lump unemployed people in to one category - Lazy.

I handle my career search as a full-time job and then some. I have unemployment because I earned it working 25+ years. I am sure there are people who manipulate the system but with the rigidness of the system I do not see how.
No, you have unemployment because you were not fired for a disqualifying reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment