Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2009, 03:48 PM

90 posts, read 145,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaskye07 View Post
Didn't the first release say that they began mailing eligibility notification letters on May 8 to those who were POTENTIALLY eligible for benefits.

Now his release states to those who met???????????? they are talking about the first letter in both these releases. I figured they already knew who was eligible when they sent the letters out.
That's what I'm saying montana, they changed the wording of it on this post, first it was POTENTIALLY, now it's WHO MET, your right they knew as soon as we did that app on May 22nd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 03:49 PM

231 posts, read 368,100 times
Just goes to show you how much misinformation the GADOL was giving out. They told some people that just because you got the letter does not mean you will get SEB, now it seems as that whoever they mailed the letter to will get SEB. I said yesterday when I went to the office in Cobb the rep told me I had been approved for SEB but then others were given information by other reps of GADOL that said there was no way a rep could of or should have told me this because they were not privy to who was approved and now I think they were privy and that's why the rep told me that yesterday. Now I had gone to the same office before yesterday to inquire about SEB but was never told I was approved until yesterday. I digress and I am just happy that we will have money soon. I blame the GADOL solely for all the confusion and misinformation.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:54 PM

231 posts, read 368,100 times
Everyone at the GADOL was talking out both sides of their mouth. But I think they underestimated the will and courage people can build up when people are just trying to survive. That's why I think they had the money and was just sitting on it to draw interest.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:58 PM

90 posts, read 145,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gushion2002 View Post
I was only off one day but thats what i was told,I would not lie to you I want to see eveyone get back on their feet.Im glad to see this is finally going to happen!

gushion2002, please forgive everyone for being skeptical, it's just that so much misinformation was given to us, it just got to the point that we just couldn't put our trust in anything that was being said, but I for one want to thank you, and I know believe that you had some inside information, and I thank you for sharing it with us.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:03 PM

160 posts, read 531,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slt54321 View Post
Everyone at the GADOL was talking out both sides of their mouth. But I think they underestimated the will and courage people can build up when people are just trying to survive. That's why I think they had the money and was just sitting on it to draw interest.

Yep, my question is why didn't Georgia get the SEB funds until the 5th of this month? Whos to blame there, the state for not getting legislation passed quickly enough, or the Fed's for dragging their feet? Perdue signed the new unemployment laws back in April if I'm not mistaken. Why did the money take so long to get to the people?

Old 06-09-2009, 04:03 PM

74 posts, read 139,541 times
Thanks

Old 06-09-2009, 04:05 PM

461 posts, read 945,395 times
Default Gushion2002

Yes, you were a day off and I hope you can understand how frustrated we were after the information you gave us didn't happen.

I called you a liar and I am deeply sorry for that. I said that if you were not lying I would apologize to you,,,,,,, so here I am saying I am sorry for calling you a liar.
After it was marked not paid you have to understand that I and others thought you were a liar and I was the one that chose to say it...

I hope you will accept my apology for calling you that... misinformation was everywhere........................................ .
Again please except my apology. If I am wrong I will say I am wrong.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:08 PM

74 posts, read 139,541 times
I know you were under alot of pressue,If there is any i can do let me know.

Old 06-09-2009, 04:10 PM

2 posts, read 5,506 times
I just came back to advise everyone about the GA DOL making the announcement that the first of the SEB checks will be going out tomorrow (thurs. June 10,2009)... So make sure you are certifying and if the problem is with your pin being "suspended" just call or email ga dept of labor and they will quickly reinstate it for you. have a great day everybody!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 04:15 PM

136 posts, read 242,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy65 View Post
I just came back to advise everyone about the GA DOL making the announcement that the first of the SEB checks will be going out tomorrow (thurs. June 10,2009)... So make sure you are certifying and if the problem is with your pin being "suspended" just call or email ga dept of labor and they will quickly reinstate it for you. have a great day everybody!!!
Surely you mean Wed the 10th

Thursday is the 11th.

And does anyone else find it odd that they are releasing the checks on a Thursday if that is the case? Typically it's always been on a Wed, Tuesday night at 12am for DD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment