Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 AM

175 posts, read 354,638 times

Advertisements

For those of you on food stamps, or those who just want to save some money, I highly highly highly recommend Angel Food Ministries. We started ordering a couple months ago, there are no income requirements and you can order as much as you want. The food was excellent, the steaks and other meats restaurant quality and nothing is generic brands. The people at the church were very sweet, I didn't feel like a charity case, and lots of people were pulling up in nice cars, etc so it's was not a humbling experience by any means. Several of my younger college student friends are now ordering too, and they love not eating ramen lol! I think this month we spent $120 and got enough meat to make about 15-20 meals for our family of 5. We never splurged on steaks and whatnot, so it's actually like a treat for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 10:43 AM

231 posts, read 368,112 times
angelam72-do you recall how you answered the questions pertaining to if you would be available to work?

Old 06-15-2009, 10:45 AM

kyto-where is Angel Food Ministries, I am in Cobb, is there one in Cobb

Old 06-15-2009, 10:51 AM

462 posts, read 989,918 times
Atlanta Church of Christ in Cobb County. There may be more. You can order online at

Welcome - Angel Food Ministries

Old 06-15-2009, 10:52 AM

285 posts, read 662,191 times
Well waitin I just got off the phone with a former co-worker and was told to call Logistic Care of Georgia if I was interested in becoming what is called a voulunteer driver for medicaid patients. The program will pay forty cents per mile if you are willing to transport patients to their appointments mind you that you would have to take them over one hundred and fifty miles to their doctor which may be in Atlanta, FL or Carolina and they may live in any city within the state of Ga. The only catch is that you must be responsible for these trips for maybe the first forty-five days because it takes medicaid this long to get the paper work processed (lol) may I will look into this as I did do this for antoher company and I brought home over $700 per week but I was never home and I really loved during this but I am thinking this would be considered self-employed since you will be driving your own vehicle. Something to look into I know their office is in Savannah.

Old 06-15-2009, 10:56 AM

175 posts, read 354,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slt54321 View Post
kyto-where is Angel Food Ministries, I am in Cobb, is there one in Cobb
Several. Go to Welcome*- Angel Food Ministries and you can search by your zip. Look at all of the ones close to you because ordering for June has cut off at some of them already. You can use your EBT card to pay for it too. I always call my order in because the online system is confusing unless you are using a debit or credit card.

If you do order drop me a message and I'll give you my name for the referral. For every 10 people you reffer you get a free box of food so you can't beat that!

Old 06-15-2009, 11:01 AM

kyotosong-thanks will do. I don't qualify for food stamps. I wish I did.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 AM

285 posts, read 662,191 times
Sorry you had to trek that far SMS200 maybe tonight we can be rest assured that all so far is a little better.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:03 AM

blromious-thanks for the tip.

Old 06-15-2009, 11:04 AM

53 posts, read 90,999 times
I had put that I would accept part time work because I am a full time student and have 2 kids, so I would be available to work part time. Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment