Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 08:41 AM

285 posts, read 662,581 times

Advertisements

I enjoy the people on this thread so helpful in everyway. I t has really made me feel better to know so many people with caring hearts and one day I have to personally thank Mrs. Yates becaue even today she did not seem to be annoyed in anyway with all the calls that she has gotten they need to give her a raise or promotion especially some time off whatever her heart desires!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 AM

10 posts, read 18,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarev View Post
There has to be at least TWO (not 4) different potential employers on two different days during any week in which you claim SEB. Claim weeks run Sunday thru Saturday.
Thanks mamarev. I thought I read somewhere that you had to make 2 contacts on 2 different days = 4. So we only have to turn in 2 contacts for each week!

I contacted someone this morning in the division that Randy is in (but didn't talk to him). I did talk to a lady who told me I needed to contact my local center. Told her they only tell me 'all you can do is wait', she proceeded to verify my info - address, dd - and told me that I should see change tonight!! Hoping, waitin' and praying!!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:00 AM

Slt54321 you are so correct I know that the work load is heavy for all the dol employees but unitl this sitation is rectified they all need to be putting in a lot of overtime since they have been given the money to take care of this crisis.

Let me thank so many people on here also because if it were not for you slt54321, flyfishva, music_theater, Jgeorgia, mamrev, Sms200, honeyluke12, no jobs buddy and all the others who tiredlessly gave of themselves days and into the late nights to travel to other sites to let us know what was going on and who to contact to help speed this process we may have been waiting longer than the twenty-eight days.

A lot of us was on the verge of beening evicted, utilities disconnected and some without their vehicles. I am praying that the family whom we put in the middle of our circle one day that had to pawn their title is ok or has anyone heard from them. I know this is not over because until the job market gets better we all are going to need each other for encouragement and guidance to what needs to be done next. I am an older one on here over fifty and this has really taken a toll on me but I so thank you all and if ever I can do what I can just e-mail me @ stirrininsoul@yahoo.com!!!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:02 AM

Waitin that is what Ms Yates did for me this mornin and we will see tonite what happens.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:09 AM

151 posts, read 318,068 times
Since I am full time student, I turn in my "certification" form on fridays. This morning, they had already updated certification screen to show "forwarded to account," so it seems they are finally getting things into their systems and flowing! Hopefully, things will continue to go smoothly for everyone this week and the implementation for those who are still waiting is completed today!

Old 06-15-2009, 09:31 AM

53 posts, read 91,067 times
Hey when did your tier2 end? I turnedin my blue form as well but I haven't seen any change yet.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:38 AM

https://compass.ga.gov/selfservice/

This is a link for online application for Food Stamps for Georgia.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelamk72 View Post
Hey when did your tier2 end? I turnedin my blue form as well but I haven't seen any change yet.
My Tier 2 ended a couple months ago and I completed the SEB application on May 21st.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:45 AM

90 posts, read 145,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyotosong View Post
I have 12 puppies and a kitten that all need homes! LOL! The kitten I bottle raised from birth and he's free- just needs a loving home. The puppies are for sale. 2 are Shih Tzus and the other 10 are BIG dogs, Golden Pyrenees which are a cross between Golden Retriever and Great Pyrenees.

It's never boring around here!

kyotosong, What is your asking price for the Shih Tzus?

Old 06-15-2009, 10:11 AM

53 posts, read 91,067 times
oh ok, so I may get paid at the end of the month since my tier 2 ended June5th...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment