Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2009, 07:41 AM

53 posts, read 91,009 times

Advertisements

Ok everyone is really confusing me....I did my Seb application online on June9th because my 2nd tier ran out on June5th.. So of course mine still says processing, but I am a full time student at college and have to send in the blue forms to certify, so Is there anything else I need to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 07:43 AM

I called the Atlanta office and was treated like a piece of dirt of course and got no answer to my question....

Old 06-15-2009, 07:44 AM

285 posts, read 662,267 times
Flyfishva I just off the phone from with Mrs. Yates and she went over my routine about am I employed but Praise God she said by tonight my application should read processed and soon everything should be in order. I will keep you guys posted. I had just went through no help to help on the way. WOW!!

Old 06-15-2009, 07:49 AM

285 posts, read 662,267 times
angelamk72 I can only give you the number to Ms. Yaates office and see if you can get some clarity from them 1-404-232-3990 they seem to be nicer people.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:56 AM

151 posts, read 317,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelamk72 View Post
Ok everyone is really confusing me....I did my Seb application online on June9th because my 2nd tier ran out on June5th.. So of course mine still says processing, but I am a full time student at college and have to send in the blue forms to certify, so Is there anything else I need to do?
That should be all you have to do for right now; however, as you can see by the issues we have all been posting about, you do have to stay on top of them to make sure there are no hold ups on your case. As a student, you will not have to complete job search, but do continue turning in your blue slip. Did you turn in your blue slip for last week? My suggestion would be, allow time for your normal deposit schedule this week. If it doesn't show up on the same day you usually get it, call your local office and ask for status on your SEB application. If they tell you they don't know, ask if there is someone else you can speak to. If they have the nerve to tell you "no," then ask to speak to their supervisor. Stay calm and polite (I know it is difficult!) and try to continue asking questions until they get an answer. If all else fails, call poor Mrs. Yates.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:05 AM

151 posts, read 317,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitin View Post
So, on June 22 when we certify (for this week) we will have to enter only the 4 contacts that we make this week? We don't have to enter contacts we've made for the other 2 weeks that we have certified for? Can we sign up on Sunday and send in the contacts on Monday?
The work search requirements begin the first week after the mail date on the SEB Monetary Determination letter that you will receive from GADOL. It sounds like the entry of the work search record will be a separate action from the certification process, so yes, you could (but I wouldn't) certify on June 21st (Sunday) and enter your work search on June 22nd (Monday) but just be sure that the dates you list for the actual job inquiry/application are during the week for which you have certified. There has to be at least TWO (not 4) different potential employers on two different days during any week in which you claim SEB. Claim weeks run Sunday thru Saturday.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:12 AM

Thank you for the input..I just hope I don't have to wait the 28 days as well to see the money..I just got my letter Friday but I did send in my blue slip for the week ending the 13th...

Old 06-15-2009, 08:21 AM

Everyone has been so helpful with the SEB information...

Old 06-15-2009, 08:36 AM

231 posts, read 368,156 times
blromious-glad to hear everything is in order.

Old 06-15-2009, 08:40 AM

231 posts, read 368,156 times
Its amazing how Ms. Yates can fix things in a phone call. I wonder if its possible for the GADOL to allow other employees have access to the same info Ms. Yates has access to because it would lighten her load and help more people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment