Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2009, 06:52 PM

461 posts, read 945,082 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginamae38 View Post
thanks
we'll all be better off when they start our money
so we all need to keep praying
crossin our fingers n toes wouldnt hurt
i start of every day sending off my resume...one day i'll get a job again
I am sorry for what you are going through. Seems like you are one of the ones hardest hit.... It is a shame they won't retro back at least until April 21st the day he signed the bill. That would sure help you out a lot.

What the gdol doesn't understand is there are only so many places you can apply for work in each town. It's hard to find work in another town because so many people are in the shape we are in.

They want us to go and look for work, but what they don't get is it takes money to do that. Cars don't run on air. It is only fair that they retro back at least til the 21st of April or when ever your benefits ran out on Second Tier (to the one's still jobless). All other states are doing this.

I know one thing Perdue and Thurmond will not get my vote and I bet they won't get the vote of all affected by their dumbass decisions regarding seb.
People who have a job and haven't lost their jobs DO NOT KNOW what it is like......... They better be thankful because the way things are going it could happen to them tomorrow.
Let's pray that everyone shows paid on Tuesday...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2009, 07:01 PM

285 posts, read 661,944 times
Looking over some things at dol frequently asked questions and I saw where whatever date you filed your claim on exactly 14 to 21 days from then is when the first check will be deposited and the same day the determination allowing benefits is mailed.

I think we are looking good for this week because some of us filed on the 21st of May and some after that date so if were to count from then to this week we are looking at 21 days. I did not see anywhere about the 28 days as the letter states. I have all of my previous letters from before and they even states within 21 days.

Praying for us all and please keep your heads up!!!

Old 06-07-2009, 07:02 PM

23 posts, read 46,227 times
Ginamae38 my heart goes out to you and your family....it seems like if its not for one thing its another thing that adds to hard times. I know it may not seem like much but at least you have been able to keep your internet so that you can still get your resumes out there. I think in order to remain sane in these tough times you have to find one good thing and thing of it as a blessing. Everyone stay strong we have made it through another week and hopefully we will continue to make.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:00 PM

461 posts, read 945,082 times
Didn't Gushion say she was a woman?/????

Well if she is then this is the post she posted?????
IM not on my computer right now my wife called and told me that a email came in from my local office from yesterday and this person told me that they were finally ready to cut checks beginning Monday night and that every one would recive 2 weeks .this person also stated that you will only have to bring in your work searches only if you are called in.But you will only get your regular benefit amount and not the extra 25.00 that regular unemployment recived.But you will not be taxed for the first 2100 of your seb.

If she is a woman why did she say her wife??????

Old 06-07-2009, 09:04 PM

309 posts, read 649,604 times
thanks ya'll
i just keep reminding myself of what my Nana taught mewhen I was little. 'when one door slams shut another better one opens and i just cant see it at the time cause i dont know whats down the road for me'
i'm sure we'll be fine.
i got a few days to a week to crash at my grown daughters but they are struggling too cause my son in law missed seb by one day,lol.
eviction wolf is at their door too

dol got the rules going on with the screws!!

btw my golden letter states 28 days which i never could understand cause a regular ui claim is 21-
i'm only counting 15 days from when i filed on 5/21
but my thinking is comin n going at the same time and plan a,b,c, and d have all fallen through.

i'm just grateful my family's 'stuff' isnt going to be on the side of the road
good luck n god bless ya'llcause i truly dont expect to be o/l much longer .thanks for the support and info sharing

so i'll be sending off another few resumes right at midnight to meet the different employers on different days requirement,lol

Last edited by ginamae38; 06-07-2009 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-07-2009, 09:34 PM

175 posts, read 354,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaskye07 View Post
Didn't Gushion say she was a woman?/????

If she is a woman why did she say her wife??????
I think making assumptions or accusations about someone's gender and/or sexual orientation is beyond inappropriate. Won't you feel awful if gushion is a woman and a lesbian!

Old 06-08-2009, 05:43 AM

727 posts, read 1,097,015 times
Ginamae-you need to go to court. Can you get a ride? Your circumstances are not the norm-and I am pretty sure the judge would be sympathic to your situation. You would still owe the money but I'm sure payment arrangements could be worked out. If nothing else, I would find out who the judge is that day and call or email him and explain why you won't be there. I take it the legal did not connect you.
All of this makes me want to do something in the way to help people-maybe my new career path?? I'm so tired of the little guy(US)being screwed when it wasn't us who brought our whole economy down. Where's our bailout? I have some great idea's about how to provide housing for people like Ginamae and myself and all the others impacted by this-but it takes money. I don't know if you guys have heard of this-but in someplaces they are building housing made from old shipping containers-if I had a grant-that is what I would do-start a community for people like us. I know you are thinking WTF-but if you google it you will be shocked at how nice they are and they are cheap-you can buy one for around $2500. Okay-done with todays rant.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:42 AM

175 posts, read 354,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishva View Post
Ginamae-you need to go to court. Can you get a ride? Your circumstances are not the norm-and I am pretty sure the judge would be sympathic to your situation. You would still owe the money but I'm sure payment arrangements could be worked out. If nothing else, I would find out who the judge is that day and call or email him and explain why you won't be there. I take it the legal did not connect you.
All of this makes me want to do something in the way to help people-maybe my new career path?? I'm so tired of the little guy(US)being screwed when it wasn't us who brought our whole economy down. Where's our bailout? I have some great idea's about how to provide housing for people like Ginamae and myself and all the others impacted by this-but it takes money. I don't know if you guys have heard of this-but in someplaces they are building housing made from old shipping containers-if I had a grant-that is what I would do-start a community for people like us. I know you are thinking WTF-but if you google it you will be shocked at how nice they are and they are cheap-you can buy one for around $2500. Okay-done with todays rant.
Sounds like something they could do with those thousands upon thousands of FEMA trailers that never got used!!!

Old 06-08-2009, 06:54 AM

727 posts, read 1,097,015 times
No kidding although I did hear last week they are selling them to people still without a perminent home in New Orleans for $5.00-they aren't safe due to the formaldyhde problem but hey-keep the windows cracked.

Old 06-08-2009, 06:56 AM

74 posts, read 139,509 times
some people have to much time on their hands I never said I was a Women,I am on here to help not to be strung out on a limb
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment