Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2009, 12:16 PM

136 posts, read 242,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelamk72 View Post
I called the Cartersville office and was told by a lady that she didn't know what I needed to do, so I called the Yates line and spoke with Jaylan and she did it for me and said it should update in 48 hours that there was no need to go to the career center...I told her what Cartersville said and she was going to have the issue with them looked into....She said she had to set me up for the not able to establish a new claim thing, does that sound right?
yup sounds like you were taken care of by someone who knows what to do glad your claim is fixed and hopefully within a few days your status will change
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 12:17 PM

53 posts, read 90,973 times
Yeah Cartersville stated they have to get their computers updated..Bullcrap, they just dont want to do their jobs and if it wasn't for people like us they wouldn't have one....lol

Old 06-16-2009, 12:18 PM

Thanks music-theater you have been a great help

Old 06-16-2009, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelamk72 View Post
Yeah Cartersville stated they have to get their computers updated..Bullcrap, they just dont want to do their jobs and if it wasn't for people like us they wouldn't have one....lol
that's b.s.! BY LAW all of georgia had to update their whole computer system BEFORE they recieved the fed money it was part of the stipulation behind it. What a bunch of idiots. They probably just didn't know how the SEB is handled and figured that was the best answer.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:31 PM

I suggest ANYONE who calls over their SEB to be transfered to whomever is over the Policy & Procedure in that career center. They know the drill with SEB and can handle most issues over the phone.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:08 PM

12 posts, read 24,190 times
Finally!!!!!! I talked to a lovely lady named Wendy at the UI counter at the COBB/CHEROKEE Career Center. Yesterday, I overheard her telling another rep exactly what needed to be done, file a new claim, so it can be denied. By the time, I got to the counter, she had left. The next rep had no idea, told me I was good.

Well today, I finally got Wendy. She knew exactly what needed to be done and did it. She said they received a memo but no one really knew what to do. Everyone she did a manual claim on yesterday, was updated and showed paid today.

So filing a new claim is correct.

Thank you to all who have paved the way and have figured out the system. Write those thank you letters and bombard Thurmond's office with the info that has helped so many others out, this website. Thank GOD for Google or I would still be waiting and waiting.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:17 PM

I totally agree..Jaylan told me that she put mine on the list to be input manually as well, that is should update by Friday..Let's hope soo

Old 06-16-2009, 01:37 PM

462 posts, read 989,524 times
We need to write two letters, one to Thurmond telling him how disorganized, unprofessional, and incompetent the DOL is. Then we need to write letters of commendation to the superiors of the individuals who helped us. I don't want Mr. Thurmond to assume that we are giving him credit for anything but the inadequate way in which he prepared his employees and the system, as well as the total disregard for the very people he is sworn to help.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM

95 posts, read 227,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EUGENE MINCEY View Post
Mine says processed for 3 weeks.LOOK BACK IN FORUM YESTERDAY,someone posted email for Randy and Iemailed about 3 pm and mine went thru this morning. Good luck .Dont quit pestering anyone who will listen .
i bet your glad about that. did you try your local office? not much help i bet.
good luck.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:15 PM

5 posts, read 7,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougga View Post
No panic everyone. I just checked at 12.43am - 6/16/2009 . It says forwarded to your account
Mine still says processing .... Happy you all are receiving your BNFT's . Sux for me though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment